You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

I was wondering this, considering there will be no physical evidence, unless it was recorded at the time. It's their word against his.

You've summed up the whole US Justice System in one paragraph. The other consideration is the quality of lawyers. That may not be relevant here but the amount of wrongful convictions appears to stem from juries simply believing testimony from jailhouse snitches,other criminals and lying law enforcement officers and members of the public.

With Cosby though,maybe their testimonies all had details which could only be known by people who had been physically close or in properties who owned etc and they may have described patterns of behaviour other victims did too but I'm only guessing yet they are very credible pieces of information for convictions.

• 1 year later...

Saw a headline earlier that Cosby has been denied early release despite the prisons crawling with COVID. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when they delivered that bombshell.

6B05A5E4-306C-4042-8A20-37529935FFB7.gif

No Jell-O pudding for Bill this week. Unless his cellmate is into affectionate nicknames.

On 29/10/2011 at 17:13, Bobby Hundreds said:

He'd make a boss ghost, rattle rattle uhhhmmphh.

Totally weird fucking Norman bates style gold track suit shell pasta haircutted freak rest in peace.

On 29/10/2011 at 18:28, Baldi said:

Gutted to hear Jimmy Saville is dead....I wrote to him in 1977 asking to meet Han Solo...guess I won't be getting a reply to that letter

On 29/10/2011 at 19:29, Section_31 said:

Yet Bruce Forsyth still alive, where's the justice in that?

On 29/10/2011 at 22:40, cochcaer said:

Fair play, he made shitloads for charity and it'd be a duller country without eccentrics.

On 29/10/2011 at 22:53, George Costanza said:

met him twice. mad fucker but a leg end. A lot more fortunate have done a lot less for charity. White roser though

On 30/10/2011 at 03:53, Remmie said:

I wanted to train with LFC and try and save John Barnes' freekicks.

As already said a true eccentric, will we ever see eccentric celebrities like him again?

On 30/10/2011 at 06:50, Stacey. said:

RIP Jimmy :(

On 09/11/2011 at 09:19, Guest davelfc said:

He did a shit load for charity, actually got his hands dirty working in hospitals and gave incredible amounts of his own cash each year.

He was a crazy character but we'll miss crazy, generous and decent characters like him.

Rest in peace and enjoy the view, you've deserved it.

On 10/11/2011 at 08:16, Paul said:

Just been reading more about him: he actually gave away nine tenths of his income to others. Nine tenths!!! Also, he worked as a volunteer hospital porter one day a week for most of his life and, as a regular church-goer, always sat in the very back pew so as not to distract other worshippers on a Sunday. What a truly selfless bloke. How many people live like that? One in a million? Less?

Hahaha fucking hell lads 

• Upvote 8

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Hahahah. The fucking internet. 

A lad I worked with a few years ago proposed to his missus with a voice message like that from this man. At least I'm sure it was a proposal. Might have just been happy birthday but I remember it being a bit more extreme than just a happy birthday. Might have broken up with her using him. It was something mad anyway. 

wagner-on-the-x-factor-864872559.jpg

X-Factor was off it’s nit back then. Him and Chico and Jedward. At some point those waves of information are going to hit the Andromeda galaxy and it’ll be picked up by a vastly intelligent race that could transform our way of living, then they’ll say ‘not interested’ and move on. Thanks Jedward. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I read that Jedward have been spending lockdown with Tara Reid. Which is about as random as it gets.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/loose-women-viewers-concerned-tara-22182867

During the chat, she bizarrely got Edward's name wrong and called him Eric, and seemed disorientated - which led to fans speculating about what caused the odd scenes.

OHx7vaH.gif

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A lad I worked with a few years ago proposed to his missus with a voice message like that from this man. At least I'm sure it was a proposal. Might have just been happy birthday but I remember it being a bit more extreme than just a happy birthday. Might have broken up with her using him. It was something mad anyway. 

wagner-on-the-x-factor-864872559.jpg

I really loved Wagner. Definitely the best thing to ever be on that cunt of a show

• 1 year later...
On 08/11/2011 at 15:54, zigackly said:

Good to know someone's fixing it for Jim:

BBC News - Sir Jimmy Savile: More time for fans to view gold coffin

Fans of Sir Jimmy Savile have been paying their respects to the broadcaster and charity worker.

Earlier, Sir Jimmy's gold-coloured coffin was carried into the Queen's Hotel, Leeds, a day before his funeral.

According to the hotel, up to 2,000 people have visited to pay tribute to the 84-year-old Jim'll Fix It presenter, who died on 29 October.

The funeral director said the coffin would be on display until 1830 GMT, two hours later than planned.

Sir Jimmy's funeral will be held at St Anne's Cathedral in Leeds at 1400 GMT on Wednesday.

The cortege will travel through the city before the Requiem Mass.

On Thursday, Sir Jimmy will be buried at an angle of 45 degrees at a cemetery in Scarborough "to enable him to see the sea", funeral director Robert Morphet confirmed.

'Last legend'

Fans travelled from across the country to pay their respects at the hotel.

One, Richard Firth, 34, from Reading, Berkshire, travelled from London to say goodbye to his childhood hero who he calls "Jim'll", in reference to the long-running TV show Jim'll Fix It.

Dressed in a tracksuit, with a sweatband around his head, Mr Firth said: "I'm here to pay tribute to the last legend."

The veteran broadcaster, who raised millions of pounds for charity, was found dead at his Roundhay flat two days before his 85th birthday.

The broadcaster's closed coffin, which is displayed in the bar of the hotel, features a crucifix and was covered with white roses.

His friend Howard Silverman said Sir Jimmy "would have loved" the events organised to celebrate his life.

Mr Silverman, who knew Sir Jimmy for 40 years, said: "He was a showman right till the end. I think he would have liked it - it's just a pity he's not here to see it."

Elevated plot

Sir Jimmy will be buried with a Royal Marines medal and green beret along with a Help for Heroes wristband.

Mr Silverman, who is reading a eulogy at Wednesday's funeral at the Roman Catholic St Anne's Cathedral in Leeds, said the plans for the DJ's final farewell were in keeping with his wishes.

Funeral director Robert Morphet, of Joseph A Hey & Son Ltd, said he had never been asked to organise a three-day funeral and staff had been working 12 to 14-hour days.

On Wednesday, Sir Jimmy's cortege will visit his mother's house and the Leeds General Infirmary before arriving at the cathedral for a Requiem Mass.

On Thursday, the coffin will tour Scarborough, where he had a home, to give people there the chance to pay their respects before Sir Jimmy is laid to rest in the most elevated plot in the cemetery.

Mr Morphet said: "As per Sir Jimmy's wishes, the casket will be at an angle of 45 degrees in the grave so he can see the sea.

"In my 32 years doing the job, I have never had a request like it."

Different times.