You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Looking at those clips of Diana on it from the early 80's she really was gorgeous back then.  

Lad I know is a civil engineer and he was working on some major project in Manchester (can't remember what it was). She was at the official opening and he said she was absolutely beautiful, couldn't take his eyes off her. Way nicer than she looked on telly. 

Yeah, proper gorgeous her. Selina Scott back in the day was and all. 

43 minutes ago, Mook said:

Fuck me, I've never seen those comments before.

Needs a good fucking kicking that cunt.

There was footage of it in the Savile doc too. I had to skip back a minute as I thought he must have been talking about something else.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Has anyone seen the documentary on Netflix? It's called 'Jimmy Saville - A British Horror Story'. They missed a trick not calling it "Now then, Now then" 

How did everyone not know?! He pretty much says i interviews he's a dirty wrong'un! Also, they show him walking into the Celebrity Big Brother house and Barrymore is in there and looks happy to see him. Barrymore was around television enough with Saville so must have at least heard a number of rumours. 

Rot in hell you filthy horrible creepy rapist cunt 

Yes watched it the other night. 

If ever I'm in Scarborough I'll go visit his grave and piss on it. 

Also i hope Glitter dies in jail. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, saw it over the weekend. It was a bit odd, they spent way too much time on how he got to be famous and not enough focussing on the victims and what he did. There was tons of archive footage and person after person saying things like, 'you'd hear the rumours and not believe it, but deep down, I knew'. It then seemed to cram all the revelations that came afterwards into the last 30 minutes or so. There also wasn't enough on how he managed to inveigle his way into the company of powerful people and on to powerful positions of his own.

I would have been 9 or 10 when Jim'll Fix It was at its height of popularity and I just thought it was a boring show run by a slightly desperate try-hard dickhead. He rapidly seemed very old fashioned and by the eighties he just looked like a ridiculous and annoying 'handsy' twat of an uncle, always play acting. How the fuck he got promoted as a national treasure is beyond me, he was a self-aggrandising cunt as well as a vicious nonce.

I couldn't believe how popular he was,he was getting mobbed everywhere he went.

Even his funeral was like a state event.

I do get why they didn't focus on the victims too much lt could easily have felt exploitative,though I felt really sorry for that woman.

At the end he was literally saying what he was upto and people were falling out laughing and when the story first broke ,plenty were still blaming the Victim's. 

That decision to pull the documentary must have come from someone high up.

According to the documentary, an official complaint against him was made and forwarded to Leeds police for investigation. It turns out that Savile had friends in the police, and no investigation took place. Yorkshire police. Again. 

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Yes watched it the other night. 

If ever I'm in Scarborough I'll go visit his grave and piss on it. 

Also i hope Glitter dies in jail. 

Can you still do that? I thought he'd been moved after the truth about him came out?  I know his guady headstones were removed. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah, proper gorgeous her. Selina Scott back in the day was and all. 

Definitiley.  Still worth a go now.  
She should be in my first celebrity crushes thread too. 

9 hours ago, Waitak said:

According to the documentary, an official complaint against him was made and forwarded to Leeds police for investigation. It turns out that Savile had friends in the police, and no investigation took place. Yorkshire police. Again. 

Tbf they did thoroughly investigate themselves and found no wrong doing.

• 1 year later...

Started The Reckoning last night.  Coogan is scarily accurate in his portrayal of Savile. 

What a sick cunt Savile was.  And to think loads of us all thought he was sound and wanted him to Fix it for us. 

He did a shit load for charity, actually got his hands dirty working in hospitals and gave incredible amounts of his own cash each year.

He was a crazy character but we'll miss crazy, generous and decent characters like him.

Rest in peace and enjoy the view, you've deserved it.

page 3

ahem.

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He did a shit load for charity, actually got his hands dirty working in hospitals and gave incredible amounts of his own cash each year.

He was a crazy character but we'll miss crazy, generous and decent characters like him.

page 3

ahem.

Just goes to show how he pulled the wool over so many peoples eyes. 

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

page 3

ahem.

The worst thing is that I'm not sure The Reckoning will be the rehabilitation he so richly deserves.