You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forgotten Brilliant Goals

The Guest

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny's goal against Belgium for Scotland around 1982/83 is one I've been searching youtube for ages for but never been able to find.

I'm pretty sure it won goal of the season too so you'd think it'd be online somewhere.

Is that the one that is similar to the Arsenal away goal he scored ( cutting in from the right & curling it into the top left corner with his left foot Dr.F ?)

Lars Ricken for Borussia Dortmund in the 1997 Champions League final v Juventus - comes on as sub at 1:42, scores with his first touch at 1:58.

[YOUTUBE]RymhXv7GnMs[/YOUTUBE]

Another thing worthy of notice. Both Alen Boksic and Stephane Chapuisat played that game, which is kind of a miracle in itself as both were crocks.

• 1 year later...
Berger against Manchester United, 99/00 season.

1:45 in.

[YOUTUBE]YSS4ONdOrqM&start=90[/YOUTUBE]

(recoded to show the Leeds goal)

I remember replaying that one against Leeds over and over again at the time. Two of my favourite players - Berger and Smicer - combine with an unstoppable shot and Barry Davies doing his thing (that all other commentators fail to be able to do - simple). And that's what a celebration should be. Still would.

Justin Fashanu's against us early 80's. It was worth the 7 hour special.

The 3rd/2nd? Barca scored against us at home, think kluivert stuck it in, in the end of a move that ripped us to bits.

Ronnie Whelans oggy at OT early 80's. Not many players can say they've score a 20 yrd own goal!

And most goals scored by Ray Kennedy........My hero by the way :)