Quantcast
Forgotten Brilliant Goals - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
The Guest

Forgotten Brilliant Goals

Has anyone mentioned the John Barnes Bicycle Kick against Blackburn.

This was when he was in his 30's playing in midfield and seemingly past it.

He blew the dust off one last time, it was a beauty!

I was at that game!

Fowlers first against Charlton the last game of the 2001 season to secure champions league was a finish of supreme quality which if I remember rightly never got a lot of praise at the time.

Karlheinz Riedle's chip against Leeds at Elland Road. I think it was my first away game and I remember buzzing my tits off and singing the Karlheinz Riedle/ Kiss Her Goodbye song for ages after it.

I think it's probably for the best that I can't find youtube. It's a goal that has achieved a hallowed, almost mythical status in my own memory; the kind of aura that is usually reserved for urban legends such as the phantom shitter or the ghost that every school used to have. I fear that if I saw the goal again I'd ultimately be left disappointed.

I know he's a Manc but you can't beat this goal against Spain for sheer technique, right in the top corner as well.

Everyone seems to forget Markus Babbel's goal against Everton in the Derby in 2001 because of Gary Mcallister's free kick. A quick counter attack and he must have ran the entire length of the field to get on the end of it. I nearly got punched by some Evertonian in the Bullens End jumping up and celebrating it!

Everton 2-3 Liverpool 16 April 2001 - YouTube

Guest SpiderLucas

N'Gog vs Arsenal, that goal was really, really good but even after the game it was hardly spoke about.

I remember Mcmanaman scoring one at home to villa just after that Celtic one were he ran from near the halfwayline and slotted it in the bottom corner. It was quality.

I remember you scoring an overhead kick in a home game Bernard, but having it snatched away from you by a comatose linesman. ( Sunderland possibly )

I remember you scoring an overhead kick in a home game Bernard, but having it snatched away from you by a comatose linesman. ( Sunderland possibly )

Twas Sunderland indeed, single handedly ruined my career that linesman. I never got over the injustice and was consumed by bitterness and ineptitude.

Hamann for Newcastle against Arsenal.. I have searched the entire net for it but to no avail.. but it was an absolute pearler..

I'm going to apply the same flexible definition of "forgotten" that others have been using. (I mean - Paul Gascoigne against Scotland? What next? David Beckham's rarely-seen free-kick against Greece? Geoff Hurst against West Germany?)

I could've picked any that Berger scored for us, but instead I'll go with one for Pompey.

[YOUTUBE]vo-wk-xrSR8[/YOUTUBE]

Raul against Milan in the Champions League about 10 years ago. Figo on the right wing plays a cross-field ball to Zidane, who plays a sublime first-time backheel to Roberto Carlos bombing on down the left. Carlos crosses the ball to Raul on the edge of the area. In an instant, he cuts in between 2 defenders and spanks it into the top corner with his weaker right foot with the goalkeeper rooted to his spot. Though I hate the term "Galacticos", this is what Florentino Perez probably envisioned when putting that squad together.

[YOUTUBE]r_jznDNXMP8[/YOUTUBE]

Fowler V Brann Bergen back in the late 90's.

Unreal that goal and just sums up the man - absoloute genius

that's one of my all time faves that, I mention that 1 all the time & noone ever remembers it coz I forgot who it was against, thought I was dreaming it. Cheers.

I was only a kid at the time, but for any of the older posters, I remember a Ray Kennedy goal v Villa ( I think, may be wrong). Just inside our halve he chips jimmy RIMMER(?)from wide left into the far post, he may have meant a cross to Terry Mac(?) I just remember it being a brilliant goal, altho it was probably nothing like that if I were to ever see it again!

Paddy and Didi's goals never came from tap ins.

Remember in particular a belter of a free kick from Paddy against the Scum at the toilet in 99/00. From memory, the game finished 1-1 as they got an equaliser when Sami was off the pitch getting treatment for a head injury.

The goal is about 1.45 in on the attached clip:

[YOUTUBE]YSS4ONdOrqM[/YOUTUBE]

Sinema Pongolle scored a cracker in some European qualifier a few years back, can't find it though as I have no idea who we were playing.

I think that would be the one against Real Betis after 65 seconds or so. It was our first group game (I think) in the 05/06 campaign. We won 2-1 and Garcia scored the winner.

The only other goal in Europe from Pongolle that I can recall would have been the equaliser against Olympiakos in the group game the season before, again scoring after being on the pitch for a few seconds as he came on as a sub at half time.

Rushies hat-trick at Villa Park back on 1984(ish ?), on a treacherous, icy pitch.

The 3rd goal especially, an icredible left foot volley, was criminally overlooked imo. Every bit as good as Van Basten's vollied goal vs Russia in the Euro Championship Final.

Daniel Agger vs West Ham.

[YOUTUBE]b3zTVpYprCI[/YOUTUBE]

He had options left and right. I was in the Lower Centenary screaming at him to pass it. :whatever: