You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GTA 5 announced

Heard from someone in the gaming industry that its going to be set in 2 (or possibly 3) area, the main game based in an upscaled Las Venturas (Vegas), and then with a chunk of it set in a South America (i.e. Columbia) in a hidden forest drug factory/compound/estate thingie. The two areas won't linked on a map (obviously due to distances), they'll be accessible via plane (and split with a cut scene).

Also heard that you'll be able to choose to play 1 of 2 characters on both sides of law, the theme based loosely on The Departed (film).

Guest Gucci_Ledge

San Andreas was huge yeah, I got up to the Golden Gate Bridge then realised I still had a whole other city to do and just lost interest. The only GTA i was ever massively into was III, haven't played LA Noire or RDR either. I always find sandbox games you get to a point where you just don't know where to go or the game forces you into little annoying side quests like playing cards etc. Another good game comes out and I lose interest.

Heard a couple of rumours, the LA city one a lot of people have heard looks pretty strong as they mapped out the city for LA Noire so two birds, one stone.

The second one I've only just seen is the creators have been talking about the credit crisis so there might be some sort of story line there along with the cash V as the 5.

San Andreas was huge yeah, I got up to the Golden Gate Bridge then realised I still had a whole other city to do and just lost interest. The only GTA i was ever massively into was III, haven't played LA Noire or RDR either. I always find sandbox games you get to a point where you just don't know where to go or the game forces you into little annoying side quests like playing cards etc. Another good game comes out and I lose interest.

La Noire was far from sandbox and was pretty shit in my opinion. Yes you could drive around and explore the city but there was nothing at all to do, I don't know why they went to such trouble to create such a large area and yet have the gameplay so linear. It was a massive let down for me.

RDR, however, is the best game I've ever played, and you're really missing a trick not playing it. The map was perfect, three distinct regions that were just the right size to create a perfect whole, and absolutely loads of stuff to do and explore, before you even bothered with the side quests, and before you even bothered with the main story. I'm not a fan of Westerns in the slightest but the characters and story will draw you in regardless. I implore you to get it.

San Andreas was the best for me, don't know why anyone would complain about the size when you could fly a fighter jet across it in minutes or take ages to travel in car. I'd rather the next one be as vast. That mountain in the hills was unreal in scale.

I don't think the last one was really gritty because you had the likes of Brucie for comedy, the best part was the 'Heat' style bank robbery aswell, I think they always get the realism/comedy balance right.

I'm not sure the setting matters too much, it's the game that's important. I liked IV but it was too serious. It lacked the humour and charm of the others. The story was a bit of a muddle too. By the end I had no idea what was going on and just did what I was told to do. I mean you do that anyway but it's nice to know why you're doing it.

Apparently it's in GTA: San Andreas, a R* employee went on 4chan and released aload of information on the game/trailer.

LjY0K.png

-The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian.

-It takes place in San Andreas in 2012. The Mayan end of the world is parodied a lot because of this.

-You start out in Los Santos and are in your rival’s turf, Varrios Los Aztecas, after getting beaten up and robbed.

-The game revolves around money in a big deal. I’d reveal the big idea, but I don’t want to ruin it.

-Multiplayer is in again. There are a couple of new game modes, co-op story, and 32-player game modes for consoles and 64 player for PC. PC also includes dedicated servers.

-PC comes out on launch and is being ported by Leeds. From what they have shown us it is optimized much better than GTA 4.

-San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA and this time they have all became ab it bigger as well as much more detailed.

-Gang turf wars are back. This time not only the general gang are in charge but different sets such as57th Ballas or the Eastside Azteca. They have their own graffiti. You can tag up stuff with custom sprays now too.

-”The money” I refer to comes from a massive drug trade that ships to San Andreas. Its fought over a lot throughout the story and it comes with lots of money. It has ties to your family so it becomes a bigger deal.

-The timeline continues off of GTA 4. It is referenced a lot. I’m not really sure whether Niko dies but he’s mentioned at least twice.

-Car modding is back so is lowriding of course.

-There are 9 radio stations. It features a range of music. Some of the rap is new, some is old. There’s a better selection than GTA 4 though IMO.

-Military has returned in the 6 star wanted level except they are referred to as National Guard.

-Cover system is upgraded and plays more smoothly.

-The moral decisions you saw in GTA IV have more effect on the story now. There are at otal of 4 unique endings. 2 bad, 2 good. Whether the protag dies in all of them you’ll just have to figure out since the endings are actually pretty cool.

-More girlfriends.

-Parachutes.

-Fun cheats are back!

The poster also claims that the Grand Theft Auto V trailer debuting on November 2 is one minute and four seconds long, and that it is “relatively peaceful and shows off the city.” Whether or not this is all bunk remains to be seen, although if his or her strangely specific claims about trailer length turn out to be true, we may have some serious spoilers on our hands.

We'll see if the person is telling the truth tomorrow.