You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish expects to have money to spend

Iceman

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put a cheeky 10m bid in for odenwenige, decent player out wide on right/up front, pacy & can finish, and it would piss Woy off.

More importantly, we could actually attract him, its all well and good quoting big name players from the european leagues, but without CL football, we aint got the draw we used too.

I thought it was a shame we didn't try harder for Conner Wickam at the time.

Mind you if we actually give Carroll a decent run it may be problem solved

We will, instead, , buy another RB and probably an attacking midfielder who can only play in place of Suarez but isn't as good as him and, just for good measure, sign another back up keeper, because you can never be too sure.

Its the one glaring gap in our squad.

A 30 year old 4th choice keeper.

What a collection of cockspazzers. And I don't mean our summer signings.

Anyway, after sacking Kenny, cutting up his club tie, and banishing him from Anfield for ever more, I vote we give the money to Mourinho to buy a pair of shit Portuguese right backs and Huth up front.

In all seriousness, it isn't about Kenny, I just think we, as a club, over recent years have an incredible capacity for self-sabotage.

In all seriousness, it isn't about Kenny, I just think we, as a club, over recent years have an incredible capacity for self-sabotage.

Jesus. Whoever he was. Some middle-eastern terrorist?

Anyway, I thought most of the sabotage came via Canada and Texas in recent years. Something we still haven't near recovered from yet unfortunately. Especially as we still have yawning chasms as a fanbase and are still at each others throats, and our players and the manager, all the time.

Undoubtedly mistakes were made in the summer, which is worrying with the French superscout ostensibly in charge of transfers, but let's give him one more chance to find Gareth Bale.

kenny has been more hit than miss in the transfer market. if it was only a few quid we were talking about it wouldn't be so bad, but the carroll and henderson deals were just fucking ridiculous.

Both massive gambles, Carroll looks like he is out of his depth, and i honestly dont think henderson will be anything more than average.

Enrique is class, Adam is steady, Downing is a definate improvement.

I will be severely fucked off if we spunk more cash on a gamble, we need proven quality.

We need:

A new centre back, defensive mid, striker, and playmaker.

We are lacking all over the pitch despite Dalglish's budget.

We have wasted money on Downing Henderson and, most glaringly, Charlie Adam.Henderson at least has some scope to prove his doubters wrong but Downing and Adam have taken us backwards.

The end of last season we were playing really well with Miereles Maxi and Suarez really gelling. Im afraid Dalglishs signings and philosophy thus far are taking us backwards.

Enrique and Bellamy are clearly our best signings. And cost the least.

Carroll will be fine i'm sure but we paid too much for him.

Not his fault. He will come good.

We have gone backwards since May, in our style of play.

We have no bite in the middle and a crap defence.

kenny has been more miss than hit in the transfer market. if it was only a few quid we were talking about it wouldn't be so bad, but the carroll and henderson deals were just fucking ridiculous.

Both massive gambles, Carroll looks like he is out of his depth, and i honestly dont think henderson will be anything more than average.

Enrique is class, Adam is steady, Downing is a definate improvement.

I will be severely fucked off if we spunk more cash on a gamble, we need proven quality.

edited.

We need:

A new centre back, defensive mid, striker, and playmaker.

We are lacking all over the pitch despite Dalglish's budget.

We have wasted money on Downing Henderson and, most glaringly, Charlie Adam.Henderson at least has some scope to prove his doubters wrong but Downing and Adam have taken us backwards.

The end of last season we were playing really well with Miereles Maxi and Suarez really gelling.

Its difficult to know where to start with that.

Kenny bought the best that he could for a team out of Europe - and with Europa Cup football the best that he could realistically dangle.

Downing,Henderson, Adam and Carroll are fine to get back into the Europa. But we will need to upgrade again if we have aspirations of winnin, and keeping, a CL berth.

From your shopping list, in defence, I am not sure who we could have got who would have been an improvement. We are awash with midfielders, and in Suarez, carroll , Bellamy and Dirk we have four forwards.

And Raul wanted CL foootball. After years of running don and losing Alonso, Masch, Torres, Raul and Benny to erstwhile competitors you cant sudenly buy back like for like, it doesnt work like that - its why they left in the first place.

having bought heavily already, kenny should give what we have the season, and then look again in the summer.

A Hernandez like signing would be perfect.

Unknown young striker who will come in for relatively cheap and hit the ground running straight away.

I still believe Carroll is going to start to put the ball in the net though.

For January, I'd spend all the budget on a top top right winger. If there is one available of course.

Its difficult to know where to start with that.

Kenny bought the best that he could for a team out of Europe - and with Europa Cup football the best that he could realistically dangle.

Downing,Henderson, Adam and Carroll are fine to get back into the Europa. But we will need to upgrade again if we have aspirations of winnin, and keeping, a CL berth.

From your shopping list, in defence, I am not sure who we could have got who would have been an improvement. We are awash with midfielders, and in Suarez, carroll , Bellamy and Dirk we have four forwards.

And Raul wanted CL foootball. After years of running don and losing Alonso, Masch, Torres, Raul and Benny to erstwhile competitors you cant sudenly buy back like for like, it doesnt work like that - its why they left in the first place.

having bought heavily already, kenny should give what we have the season, and then look again in the summer.

A post full of uncommon sense. I will be back to rep this once I have the juice.