You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish expects to have money to spend

Iceman

Kenny Dalglish expects to have money to spend at Liverpool | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Kenny Dalglish is confident he will continue to be backed by Liverpool's owners in the transfer market.

Dalglish spent big in the last two windows, bringing in the likes of Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam for sizeable fees.

The Reds boss feels he has a quality squad at his disposal, but would not be afraid to raid the market again and expects Fenway Sports Group to back his judgement.

"We are happy about the strength of the squad we have got," Dalglish said. "The more players I have to choose from the more difficult my job is but the better it is for everyone. We have a fit squad at the moment but I am sure that won't last too long.

"There is a window coming up in January and if we feel the need to use it I am sure we will get full support (from the owners)."

Well it seems like we definitely need a striker, who do you think Kenny should sign?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Out of our financial league I'm afraid

It seems that, no matter how much we've got to spend and have spent, people always say this. All the time. About every player. Ever.

I'd like to see more average British players signed, because no one else in the world would want to join us.

Then we can have arguments about exactly how much we've paid for someone, and moan about the media getting the fee wrong all the time.

Yup, I'd be pretty happy with that.

With Lille lookng like they are going to go out the C/L and off the pace in the French League, we should be trying to get Hazard in January instead of holding on till the summer when the eventually auction between clubs begins.

Other than that, another striker. As mentioned, somebody in the Hernandez mould would be welcome.

Guest SpiderLucas

We need to sign somebody who’s overall game isn’t the best but will score a goal in pretty much every chance he gets, It’s been said but Hernandez is perfect at this, his overall game isn’t even close to being good but his finishing is sublime.

With Lille lookng like they are going to go out the C/L and off the pace in the French League, we should be trying to get Hazard in January instead of holding on till the summer when the eventually auction between clubs begins.

Other than that, another striker. As mentioned, somebody in the Hernandez mould would be welcome.

if we want Hazard the only time we will have a chance will be January even then he will have other options.

On top of that i cant see the owners putting in the money for such a bid.

if we want Hazard the only time we will have a chance will be January even then he will have other options.

On top of that i cant see the owners putting in the money for such a bid.

I'd be surprised if they spend any more money this season, and rightly so. I wouldn't want anymore of my cash wasted either. This group of players needs to get through to the end of the season together, see where they are, and a new plan drawn up from there.

The only signing made that's been, in any way a success, is Suarez. The others need time to either sink or float.

By then, we may have Suarez money to fund another batch of players, so they won't need to spend anyway.

The owners have been more than fair so far with their investment, it's time for others to look at themselves.

It seems that, no matter how much we've got to spend and have spent, people always say this. All the time. About every player. Ever.

Not so.

We havent won anything now for five years, and are out of Europe. That takes some selling to players who are so rich that the prospect of honours is vital.

I don't think that we should be spending big in the winter window. kenny has bought a lot of players, it's about getting what we have right, not muddying the waters by adding more ingredients to a mix which still is not at its best.

I hate being out of Europe. Seeing Birmingham and Stoke in Europe, and us out, is killing me.

Edited by xerxes