You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Of course Kenny should be supported but to suggest he should be supported in every situation is nonsense. Dirk was poor yesterday and he should have been taken off on sixty, instead Kenny tooh of Downing on eighty and moved Dirk out wide. That was a bad decision, plain and simple.

Would it have been so bad if Carroll's late effort had gone in? Fine margins.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it have been so bad if Carroll's late effort had gone in? Fine margins.

I see your point mate but it didn't go in. The game was crying out for Dirk off and Carroll on. When Carroll is on he needs supply from the wide areas and Dirk is not going to provide that From a wide position. Our problems were not coming from the middle but rather our inability to put the ball in the net. Sticking Jordan Henderson on was not going to change that, whereas putting on your £35m number 9 might just have had. Wrong decision for me.

I see your point mate but it didn't go in. The game was crying out for Dirk off and Carroll on. When Carroll is on he needs supply from the wide areas and Dirk is not going to provide that. Our problems were not coming from the middle but rather our inability to put the ball in the net. Sticking Jordan Henderson on was not going to change that, whereas putting on your £35m number 9 might just have had. Wrong decision for me.

Well we did get Carroll on and Dirk off in the end, but first we tried three up front, and then brought Agger on too late to get the width from the fullbacks which we had been missing after the first sub of the two. All I'm saying is that if it works the manager is a genius and if it doesn't he's a fool. Surely there is some opinion in between the two which takes into account that the manager can only do so much before the players have to provide.

I'm not quite sure where he was going with Henderson on the right either, except that Downing had been absolutely woeful there.

I honestly can't see the reason why Bellamy came off, he was hardly dead on his feet. Our dominance in the wide areas seemed to end when that substitution was made. On his current form Bellamy would be an automatic starter for me every week, offers so much to the side and has already struck up a rapport with Suarez.

Mate shut the fuck up; we never got slapped 4-0 like that under Rafa.

Any mong on here could manager Liverpool and we wouldn’t go down. If Roy had stayed in charge we’d of still managed to come in the top 10 because regardless of how bad a manager is Liverpool FC would never be a relegation threatened club, your just using it to fit your agenda.

As for some idiot saying “from all green to all red” who cares it’s a Internet forum you bellend, I come on here to read some of the views of other Liverpool fans not to look at some shit bar under my name.

We got twonked 4-1 against chelsea in 2005 under Rafa. At home.

Fucking shite thread. Did people actually expect us to be title contenders within ten months? Modern football is mad.

Perhaps not, but it certainly seems they expected us to have a top four place completely nailed down, a full quarter of the games into the season.

In reality we are still very much in touch for fourth, but we need to tighten things up at the back, take more of our chances, and stop going into our shell in the second half when teams show fight against us. I do expect the backroom staff to address these points, but it's far too early in the season to write off their chances of doing so.

Guest davelfc
Fucking shite thread. Did people actually expect us to be title contenders within ten months? Modern football is mad.

Most of the pricks did it on football manager so figure why can't Kenny?

We do have a lot of knobs clinging on to our club and like all shit they quickly start to float and you can see them quite clearly.

I try to ignore them, after all they spout shit and know fuck all so it's quite easy.

Our current league position isn't of huge relevance. If we were top after nine games I wouldn't be convinced we were going to win the league, similarly if we were 18th I'd not be worried about relegation.

Of far more importance is how we're playing. We've clearly addressed some of the issues of last season, others not so much. We're creating a lot of chances, but missing most of them. We've still yet to find a way of making the most of Carroll's ability. Downing was poor yesterday, but taking off our only genuine wide midfielder when bringing Carroll on made little sense. Perhaps all the drifting out wide, dropping deep etc from Carroll is instruction from Dalglish. He doesn't want him to be the one dimensional player a lot of people feared he might be. Long term it might be the best option. Short term its a hinderance. We want more/better wide players, or Carroll just to not play at all. Its a difficult situation trying to find the right players, and philosophy to accomodate Suarez and Carroll in the same team, and they seemingly require very different things.

The blend in the centre of midfield is another thing we don't appear to have quite nailed. I still feel that, especially with a lack of pace at centreback, we require someone to hold. Someone to do the boring stuff. That nauseating word "control", that has plagued the last few years, unfortunately is relevant. Without this type of player we don't dominate the centre of the pitch enough, with or without the ball. This probably means we need three in midfield as, Gerrard aside, we don't have any players capable of being part of a two.

Defensively we don't seem to be able to look entirely convincing for a full 90 minutes. Enrique and Agger are the only two I have much faith in at the moment, and one of them is injured most of the time. Carragher shouldn't be playing every week. Its no real slight on him, he's 34, no other decent sides that play in probably the most physical league in the world have 34 year olds playing every single week at centreback. His knowledge and experience is invaluable, and for certain games he has to play, just not all the time.

It'll take time for us to click, for everyone to know their role, and realistically we're trying to finish 4th this season, not top four, but fourth. The other three are miles away and anyone who thinks we can catch them up in 12 months is out of their mind. So we're battling with Arsenal and Tottenham. Both teams have obviously flaws in their squad but neither had to ship out the gargantuan levels of shite we did, in one transfer window. Nor did they then have to sign the quantity of players we did, again, in one transfer window. In short, their task of finishing 4th was much easier than ours. One of the most pleasing things about our squad at the moment is the lack of real fucking shit. 30 year olds on 100k a week, doing fuck all. The vast majority of them have gone, thank fuck.

We're four points off fourth, with 27 games left. Don't panic.

I dont think its a shit thread at all.

After the type of football we played last season after Kenny took charge its more than fair to ask questions about what and why things have changed and especially after all the money we have spent.

What I think is fucking shite is the arguments about what if this and that had happened.

Frankly thats totally irrellevant and the first sign that there actually might be a few things worth looking into as its a really poor excuse.

Sit down and list a few positives and negatives, that usually helps and it often gives you a better perspective on things.

I`d actually be interested in knowing what people see as negatives and positives so far.

Jairzinho has been saying "don't panic" for months.

And very rarely seems to think anything is wrong at all.

Wake up.

It depends on your mileage though. I thought the people predicting a challenge for the title before the season were wildly over-optimistic, and that we would do well to qualify for the Champions League. As it is, we are still in that race and I see a lot of improvement to come in this team. I'm not panicking, but it is reasonable to question why we are not as good as in the latter half of last season. Personally I think we have made too many changes in a short period of time, and perhaps not made the fundamental ones of buying a central defender who can get in the first eleven and another striker, at the expense of two midfielders you could argue we didn't need. However, we can still finish in the top four, so panic would seem excessive.