You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hit a bit of a wall with this tonight, off up to the north west to a watch tower to help a fella out a met in whiterun, been riding up there quite happily and done a few coves and dungeons on the way. All been ok until I've hit one south of this watchtower up in the northwest of the map.

Lots of skeletons in it which aren't a problem and I've killed a couple of the skeletons that summon an ice guardian to help them out but i've bumped into a third one and it's kicking my arse!

I'm level ten with heavy armour and a one handed sword or axe with fire or restoration in the other. The axe has a power of 11 with a further 5 from ice. Is this weapon underpowered now? As I can't find anything better and this guys seems a lot harder than anything else In the aztec'y dungeon.

Also sank a few points into 1 handed to give than 60% more damage.

Get your smithing skills up and make a decent weapon. Easy to do. Just buy all the iron you can afford and turn it into daggers. Flog the daggers to the blacksmith and repeat. Your skills will fly up to start off and you will soon be able to make the good stuff. Also learn to enchant your items and you can make rings, amulets etc which will give you plus 26% on your one handed skill( or whatever you chose). My ebony mace now does 176 damage plus 36 fire damage per swing. Google smithing guides and loads of stuff comes up

Hit a bit of a wall with this tonight, off up to the north west to a watch tower to help a fella out a met in whiterun, been riding up there quite happily and done a few coves and dungeons on the way. All been ok until I've hit one south of this watchtower up in the northwest of the map.

Lots of skeletons in it which aren't a problem and I've killed a couple of the skeletons that summon an ice guardian to help them out but i've bumped into a third one and it's kicking my arse!

I'm level ten with heavy armour and a one handed sword or axe with fire or restoration in the other. The axe has a power of 11 with a further 5 from ice. Is this weapon underpowered now? As I can't find anything better and this guys seems a lot harder than anything else In the aztec'y dungeon.

Also sank a few points into 1 handed to give than 60% more damage.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/326628/skyrim-guide-15-essential-tips-and-cheats/

This will sort you out

Ingots can be bought from shops,the best place is the first shop on the left as you enter whiterun.

Joint the companions and you get to use the sky forge and get a weapon from them.

Best early weapon in the game.

Cheers mate. Working ATM just want to get home and start making some armour now tho haha.

To fill the soul gems you need to buy a soul trap spell. You then cast that on anything you are fighting and when they die, you "soul trap" them. This means your soul gems will fill 1 at a time. These are then used for enchanting. The bigger the enemy the larger the soul so if for example you only have Grand soul gems, dont soul trap mud crabs as they will fill the gem with a petty soul which is a massive waste.

A top tip is even though you wont want to do it, disenchant every weapon you find and then you can then put that enchantement on your own items. With high enchanting and smithing skills you make beast weapons and armour.

If you want the larger soul gems quickly, there are a few dotted around in the Arch mages room in the college of winterhold. Hang round in front of them in a sneak position and when the eye closes, it means you cant be seen and swipe them

Another thing, the easiest way to fill a Grand or a Black soul gem is to kill a mamoth. This is probably a bit out of your reach at the moment at level 10. You need a really good weapon to take these fuckers on as the giants will come running straight away. The giants contain greater souls and when you have cleared their camps you will always find a chest filled with shit load of gold and a very tasty weapon.

Ingots can be bought from shops,the best place is the first shop on the left as you enter whiterun.

Joint the companions and you get to use the sky forge and get a weapon from them.

Best early weapon in the game.

The best early weapon is found in Markath. Its called the Mace of Molag Bal. Just do the house of horrors quest and you get it as a reward. It's deadly. It drains magika, stamina and also has a built in soul trap. The quest is easy to do at any level and its massively overpowered. If you want it, that guide I posted shows you how to get it and its well worth doing. The only way you will get a better weapon is to make one yourself. I would reccomend getting it as soon as possible. Its a quality mission aswell.

nb despite what I said ealier, dont disenchant this until your smithing and enchantement are quite high because its so good you wont be able to replace it

When I 1st started this my missus was well chuffed coz she hates MW3, she quickly grew to despise it

Haha, it's probably an awful game to just watch and it's such a time sink. I small dungeon can take over an hour and I just don't realize. My missus is alright about it was on it after work until ten then spent a couple hours talking and watching the wire. She'd be pissed if I'd have just gone a kip tho.

The best early weapon is found in Markath. Its called the Mace of Molag Bal. Just do the house of horrors quest and you get it as a reward. It's deadly. It drains magika, stamina and also has a built in soul trap. The quest is easy to do at any level and its massively overpowered. If you want it, that guide I posted shows you how to get it and its well worth doing. The only way you will get a better weapon is to make one yourself. I would reccomend getting it as soon as possible. Its a quality mission aswell.

nb despite what I said ealier, dont disenchant this until your smithing and enchantement are quite high because its so good you wont be able to replace it

The sky forge silver axe once refined was a basic high 20 pts a hit if I remember correct.

I have the mace but got the axe very early and used it till late in the game.Depends on what's skill you built up as too which you prefer.I had started with axe and shield so didnt want to change to maxes and just carried on.

Haha, it's probably an awful game to just watch and it's such a time sink. I small dungeon can take over an hour and I just don't realize. My missus is alright about it was on it after work until ten then spent a couple hours talking and watching the wire. She'd be pissed if I'd have just gone a kip tho.

She wouldnt watch it but thankfully she is hooked on Celeb big brother for some ungodly reason so I can get away with it at the moment. Thank god for shite TV

My attention span will fuck up my chance to complete this game.

I got it today, managed to complete the first task of escaping the dragon and found that village I was meant to go to. However I got bored, killed the daughter of the shopkeeper and pissed off everyone in the village.

I have no idea how to play this game and feel way out of depth, someone help!

I got it today, managed to complete the first task of escaping the dragon and found that village I was meant to go to. However I got bored, killed the daughter of the shopkeeper and pissed off everyone in the village.

That's a cracking question and everyone will have their own way of playing as the game has such a large scope for that. For me though.

I play like a adventurer that like to ramble. I walking into a town or village and see what it has to offer. The innkeepers have all sorts or rumours that turn to side quests and that's what I do. I've hardly made any headway in the main Q's I'm just helping people out for the villages or towns to get they lay of the land as it where.

I'd say be nice in the villages and other settlements but apart from that you can usually medieval once out and a out.

I would go to whiterun and complete the companions questline first, gives you a feel for the game. Personally i completed all the factions companions, thieves guild etc and am now doing the main quest. focus on One thing at a time so that you dont get overawed.

Does this keep the same stupid idea from Oblivion; that of the difficulty of your enemies changing to match the level you are at?

Were they pissed when they came up with that? What a way to render completely pointless any planning of which missions to do at what time in your development.

Does this keep the same stupid idea from Oblivion; that of the difficulty of your enemies changing to match the level you are at?

Were they pissed when they came up with that? What a way to render completely pointless any planning of which missions to do at what time in your development.

Nope, this was the number one complaint against Oblivion so they changed that for Skyrim.

4.5 hours last night, so I don't think I'll ever feel WELL RESTED in real life for a few months yet. Only way to avoid being overawed is to break it down so every village/dungeon's a mini game I think. Surprised how easily dragons go down, but trolls and giants are bad bastards so I'm just giving it toes whenever I see them. When I've got my daedric armour tonight and some better weapons/spells, I will return and fuck them all royally up.

Few glitches in Windhelm's murder missions, I found, but got round them.

Fuck this though. Got killed by a frostspike trap, and the force of it killed me and fired me back through a doorway, so it autosaved for me just as I died! Had to go back to an earlier save so not too bad. Visually it's a work of art, isn't it? The music fits well too.

Doesn't half take a time to smith to 100 when you keep running out of gold because your speech/haggling is still low.

Just some rambling there. Superb game.

That's a cracking question and everyone will have their own way of playing as the game has such a large scope for that. For me though.

I play like a adventurer that like to ramble. I walking into a town or village and see what it has to offer. The innkeepers have all sorts or rumours that turn to side quests and that's what I do. I've hardly made any headway in the main Q's I'm just helping people out for the villages or towns to get they lay of the land as it where.

I'd say be nice in the villages and other settlements but apart from that you can usually medieval once out and a out.

Cheers mate, I love this game from what I have seen and I feel like I can get so much from it.

I'm gonna start again and see what I can do.

By the way, what race do you think it is best to start as?

Cheers mate, I love this game from what I have seen and I feel like I can get so much from it.

I'm gonna start again and see what I can do.

By the way, what race do you think it is best to start as?

Really depends how you want to play mate, each class had its strengths. I've gone for a redskin? Or red something for my first character. He's pretty handy with a 1 handed weapon and I have fire or restoration in the other hand.

Once you get a few spells and weapons going its a good idea to link them to your fav's menu. I have my sword, bow, fire spell and resto in there now but that will grow after I've been the college.

After you've ran from the dragon I'd go into the shop and speak to the fella in there and do the golden dragon claws Q that'll give you a good feel for the game and combat.

Also there is a 15 top tips guide earlier in the thread which is a amazing for new starters.