You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My current aim is to get Daedric Armour. Getting smithing up to 100 costs a fucking fortune though, unless you go and get your own materials which will take ages.

Need a way to make money fast.

Soul gems, enchanting takes fucking ages too.

Finally managed to get Smithing up to 100 today and created some Mega dragon armour, used the workbench to build it up then enchanted it and it's ace.

Have also skilled my heavy armour up so it doesn't weigh anything to give me more capacity when cave clearing.

This game is fucking superb.

Really starting to get into this now, just completed the companions missions and am gonna head to winterhold and do the mages stuff.

Takes a while to get into but once you do, you're hooked. Big time!

Cheers Silver, Sweeney and Chicken for the tips.

Pleasure. But if you get really stuck, or simply want to know just how much there is to do, it's probably worth googling "Skyrim Walkthrough" and seeing if one of the gaming sites like IGN or Gamespy have online guides up yet.

I bought the official gigantic guide in Game. It was a special offer of half-price when you bought the game. I have never done that before.

I am NERD

Can't sing this games praises enough.

Not getting much game time at the moment so only on Level 6 and still discovering the world but it's bloody ace.

Four other lads from work bought the game last week and most our chatter is based around what we're all up to on this.

The girlfriend got back from visiting our hometown yesterday and asked me what I'd been up to at home while she was away. Don't think she was expecting an update based around killing ice trolls and a dragon and not much else.

She'll get used to it.

Aside from the Dragons, which admittedly if I am on my own I still struggle a little with, you become pretty much unstoppable playing this game as a sneak archer. Once you have the archery and stealth perks, a decent bow and some magical damage enhancements, I very rarely even have to replay the boss fights. I can't remember playing a game where stealth and archery was so rewarded.

Aside from the Dragons, which admittedly if I am on my own I still struggle a little with, you become pretty much unstoppable playing this game as a sneak archer. Once you have the archery and stealth perks, a decent bow and some magical damage enhancements, I very rarely even have to replay the boss fights. I can't remember playing a game where stealth and archery was so rewarded.

Whirlwind Sprint(to get me close to mages without getting smoked) + Elemental Fury(vastly increases speed of attacks with unenchanted weapons) + Mace's minus to Armor mean that everything dies in a few hits for me... I'll drop an Elder Dragon in a few power hits at this point.

The first decent weapon i got was a sword,used one in oblivion aswell so just carried on.

I started upgrading swords first and im not going to start chaging now.

Also not being a orc im not a brute and can use sophisticated weapons and dont ned to shout hulk smash everytime im in combat.

I bet your imperial to boot

The first decent weapon i got was a sword,used one in oblivion aswell so just carried on.

I started upgrading swords first and im not going to start chaging now.

Also not being a orc im not a brute and can use sophisticated weapons and dont ned to shout hulk smash everytime im in combat.

I bet your imperial to boot

Still haven't got around to joining a faction, but I'll join the Stormcloaks when I do.

Heh... The mechanics of maces/warhammers are better because of the armor reduction perks, so before I started sticking perks into weaponry, I made sure to weigh the pros/cons, because at that time I was having a real trouble with mages, so I went with shield for the ability to stick resistances on it. I was twohander from the beginning... but kept the perks to Enchanting/Smithing.