You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I found the same thing with adept, far too easy. Moved it to expert within an hour of starting the game. Playing the game as a sneaky archer the humanoids are not a problem but I do face the same issue with bears especially as they seem able to spot me far easier than the humanoids. In those instances I conjure a Flame Atronach to take the flak or change into wolf form before entering into combat.

I'm now Level 20 and bollocking around Makarath or whatever it's called.

I need some help naming my enchanted weapons. Anyone got any inspired suggestions? So far I've only been doing flame and frost enchantments, I've resurrected a name from Oblivion ("Lavaspite") but I've really struggled with the rest:

Frosty mace: "Coldbane" (bit 16 year old D&D fan)

Frosty sword: "AssFreeze"

Fiery bow:....."Krakabowa"

I need help.

I started yesterday. Looting some old mine and am now doing the golden claw mission.

Where do you get these enchanted weapons from?

My Redguard at the moment, got killed by one hit from a giant. How do you increase toughness?

Avoid giants. They don't attack unless you piss them off. And if you're puny they will squish you in one blow. As you level up you will get more hardcore.

Weapons and armour and other apparel can be enchanted at an enchanting table, but you will need a decent filled Soul Gem and learn the enchantment.

There's a mage and enchanty stuff in most of the major settlements. The first one you are likely to visit is Whiterun, but I'd wait a while until you have a decent weapon and soul gem.

Sorry to bring ponies out of the pony thread but I saw this and loved it.

393268_256399141082794_234775223245186_714628_1242233148_n.jpg

Level 32. Obviously taking my own route rather than the main quests and just started doing some killing for the Dark Brotherhood and stealing for the Thieves Guild. Seemed to be a bit overleveled so I've cranked the difficulty up and finding it more of a challenge. I am a playing a spell-sword khajiit. Mostly 1h and shield but loads of supporting magic and destruction. Thats how I roll baby. Also done a few of the Daedric quests so I got some sweet weapons soul-traping bitches.

I can't help tellingr everyone how great this game is. However, they all look at me like I'm a massive fucking nerd. Pah!

I'm a software engineer and all my buddies are massively into this game too. If you heard us talking about it, you'd think we were talking about how we left work last night, fucked up some bandits in a dungeon and then kicked the shit out of a dragon and stole his voice.

Work would be so much more awesome if I could actually dual-wield maces and shout people to bits.

In regards to magicka, I don't have a clue where to start. I have done a little bit of fire which did fuck all damage (Due to low stats). What is a good starting point for me to learn how to do the magic stuff?

Winterhold college, perhaps?

I am fucking clueless, I don't wanna just be a warrior, I want some skills man!

In regards to magicka, I don't have a clue where to start. I have done a little bit of fire which did fuck all damage (Due to low stats). What is a good starting point for me to learn how to do the magic stuff?

Winterhold college, perhaps?

I am fucking clueless, I don't wanna just be a warrior, I want some skills man!

Yeah head up to the college. If you see any magicy type vendors have a look at the books they are selling. Thats how you learn spells. You can learn any spell you like but if you are starting out, you'll only be able to use those you have enough magica for obviously.

You want to start off with the novice spells which cost little magicka:

Flames

Frostbite

Sparks

You'll level up as you -hit- with spells and the higher level the creature you hit, more change of advancing that skill so wander the woods and just flame everything - bunnies, wolves, foxes, mammoths + giants (run from these after hitting them then repeat - they are high level so great for leveling up your destruction, archery, sneak etc)

Then move onto better ones once you have enough magicka to use them. Pick a branch of magic (flame, cold, lightning) etc and add points to your Destruction skills for doubling their power, halving their cost etc.

Like i said before, I never go warrior or mage, i like to mix both up. You'll level fast and be rather hard especially if you level and wear heavy armour. You won't be very sneaky though.

does anyone know where i can get ebony ingots and daedra hearts in abundant supply? If not thanks.

As for ebony try the Gloombound mine' date=' south-east of Windhelm. There is a smelter outside so you can turn the ore into ingots easily.

[img']http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111120174047/elderscrolls/images/thumb/0/0e/GloomboundMineMap.png/830px-GloomboundMineMap.png[/img]

Knocking about Solitude and shamelessly boosting my destruction skills by training in the Blue Palace every level.

My current boring but stat boosting endeavour is (Whiterun), collect ingots, make daggers, enchant daggers. Sell. Profit.

The soul snare enchantment on my bow makes this pretty easy. Just a pain when I end up with a grand soul gem with a lesser soul in it.

Am giving this a miss for now as I'm on PS3 and apparently there's big issues with bugs and lag. It must be bad too if even IGN are calling them out on it : Skyrim Lag: How The Hell Did This Happen? - PlayStation 3 Feature at IGN

Will maybe get it next year because Bethesda games always manage to have loads of bugs and I can't be doing with game-breaking lag on this. IGN even mention in that article that they were given access to PC and Xbox versions to play on but not the PS3 version, the one that's got by far the most problems....

Am giving this a miss for now as I'm on PS3 and apparently there's big issues with bugs and lag. It must be bad too if even IGN are calling them out on it : Skyrim Lag: How The Hell Did This Happen? - PlayStation 3 Feature at IGN

Will maybe get it next year because Bethesda games always manage to have loads of bugs and I can't be doing with game-breaking lag on this. IGN even mention in that article that they were given access to PC and Xbox versions to play on but not the PS3 version, the one that's got by far the most problems....

Its not bad at all. After a few hours of play if lag kicks in just restart the game and it is fine.

Really starting to get into this now, just completed the companions missions and am gonna head to winterhold and do the mages stuff.

Takes a while to get into but once you do, you're hooked. Big time!

Cheers Silver, Sweeney and Chicken for the tips.