You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really not sure whether I should get this or not, wasn't a fan of Fallout 3 (not saying it's the same) or them types of games, however, I want a game that I can play for hours and hours without needing the internet.

What didn't you like about Fallout3?

It's not a similar setting, but the general format Action/ RPG is similar, as is the game engine used - although Skyrim's is shinier obv.

Much prefer the gameplay of Skyrim and felt the the aim assit thing on Fallout took away any challenge of fighting larger creatures.

I also like setting fire to all enemies which I can do til my hearts content in Skyrim.

Have played it for over 10 hours now and have only completed 1 quest on the main story line so far. Quality game and superb value for money.

But first I want to get Azura's Star (which was in Oblivion) and is the everlasting massive Soul Gem thing, and therefore totally vital to keep all my magic weapons fully charged. So that's a Daedric Quest I need to crack.

Do you have any idea where that can be found and how early on your can get it?

I don't think there is any level you have to be to get it, and I think you access the quest at some shrine (probably Azura's)

I just did a quick Google:

Azura's Star - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Try that

Azura's shrine is epically huge. I love how massive bethesda makes everything in these games, you can't help being comletely overwhelmed by the scope of the world.

Bethesda makes their gaming worlds the way I like them...Epic.

I am a massive Fallout fan, I know this is the Bethesda game engine. How does it compare with Fallout?

The game looks absolutely superb to be honest.

Reason I ask is that my missus is buying me a game for chrimbo and I want to choose a good one.

I am a massive Fallout fan, I know this is the Bethesda game engine. How does it compare with Fallout?

The game looks absolutely superb to be honest.

Reason I ask is that my missus is buying me a game for chrimbo and I want to choose a good one.

I think they might have given Skyrim's engine a different name to Fallout3 and Oblivion, and while it is certainly much better, I'm not sure it's entirely new or different. Just very polished and imprioved.

At times Skyrim is simply majestic to look at.

Buy it.

I think they might have given Skyrim's engine a different name to Fallout3 and Oblivion, and while it is certainly much better, I'm not sure it's entirely new or different. Just very polished and imprioved.

At times Skyrim is simply majestic to look at.

Buy it.

Only wish I had the cash now to buy it!

Fucking christmas taking up all my dosh!

I've only just heard about this game and I've never played the others. What is it about?

I don't play online and going through this thread it seems you can spend a long time on this offline. Do I have to play the other games before this in the series to understand the story or am I okay just getting this? I don't have a clue what the story line is either so can someone explain?

I've only just heard about this game and I've never played the others. What is it about?

I don't play online and going through this thread it seems you can spend a long time on this offline. Do I have to play the other games before this in the series to understand the story or am I okay just getting this? I don't have a clue what the story line is either so can someone explain?

I've played oblivion before this, there pretty much separate although its the same world and same history, you don't need to play one before the other really If there's an on going story I don't know what the fuck it is. Oblivion was ace though.

First one i've ever played and i've already been on it for over a hundred hours! Sad bastard! Brilliant game, you won't be disappointed. It is offline only though you will need to be connected to the internet to get the patches (obviously).

Does this game ever end? I've finished the "main" quest like but I've fucking hundreds of side quests left!!!

Can't wait until the content from the modding community starts to mature either. Properly epic game. Mass Effect will really need to be very special to top this.

I've played 19 hours and have just spoken to the Jarl in Whiterun about the Dragon attacking Helgen. I'm thinking this could easily be a 100 hour game possibly even longer.

Ok, I've got into this now.

I've just killed the dragon and am en route to the Greybeards. However, I came across some cave and there's some vampire bitch in there who I just can't kill

I'm only Level 4 so don't know if thats making a difference. So far, I've just been running round with my sword and setting things on fire from my hand. However, it doesn't seem to be enough against this fucker

Anyone got any suggestions?

Managed to get past the vampire but then just got my ass handed to me by a master vampire. Having looked it up, I'm pretty much out my depth so will revisit that motherfucker sometime in the future when I'm more badass.

I need to learn me some spells and gets some magic in my weapons