You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The levelling system in the old one was annoying, early signs are this is much better.

This game is genuinely beautiful, thank God this didn'tcome out in spring or I wouldn't have bothered with the countryside in summer, I have barely started and just want to get a house in Riverwood, wander about hunting and crafting and start a lesbian love affair with the sister of the merchant guy.

Yeah... quick question, is playing as a woman (character) gay? Even if it's a woman-gay?

Another question, is playing as a woman (wearing a dress, make-up and speaking in falsetto) gay?

The levelling system in the old one was annoying, early signs are this is much better.

This game is genuinely beautiful, thank God this didn'tcome out in spring or I wouldn't have bothered with the countryside in summer, I have barely started and just want to get a house in Riverwood, wander about hunting and crafting and start a lesbian love affair with the sister of the merchant guy.

Yeah... quick question, is playing as a woman (character) gay? Even if it's a woman-gay?

Another question, is playing as a woman (wearing a dress, make-up and speaking in falsetto) gay?

Nah. Playing an online version of yourself is like a traindriver coming home from work and playing Train Driver Simulator all night.

I always play female Khajit as I like the model. Except in Morrowind because they couldn't wear boots - and some of the boots had excellent magical skills.

I'm level 9 at the moment and very much enjoying the game. I never really use fast travel, so finding loads of weird places to explore.

Just hit level 10 and actually had to drop the difficulty level down one level.

I always play a warrior first and find you generally get your arse handed to you when you come up against more than one Orc,Frost Troll etc.

I'm starting to get into it and will give it a good few hours tomorow.

Just hit level 10 and actually had to drop the difficulty level down one level.

I always play a warrior first and find you generally get your arse handed to you when you come up against more than one Orc,Frost Troll etc.

I'm starting to get into it and will give it a good few hours tomorow.

I tend to go down the spell-sword route first time I play. Destruction, light armour and one-handed weapons. Bit of mysticism, security, alteration and illusion spells to help with dungeon exploring. I'm loving how the destruction spells work in Skyrim, especially when you dual-wield them in a boss-type battle.

Bought this yesterday and have only played a few hours so far(don't get me started on steam - gave me no option to install by the dvd). Finding the beginning surprisingly easy so far. Certainly when compared with Morrowind when just travelling to the next settlement was a feat all in itself with all those flying creatures constantly attacking you. Using sneak and bow a lot at the moment with dual sword and spell for close quarters. Mind you I have not come across anything really big yet so this might all change.

I tend to go down the spell-sword route first time I play. Destruction, light armour and one-handed weapons. Bit of mysticism, security, alteration and illusion spells to help with dungeon exploring. I'm loving how the destruction spells work in Skyrim, especially when you dual-wield them in a boss-type battle.

I'm doing one-handed sword plus magic.

Quick spaz question: I have fire, sparks, raise zombie and, heal. Where can I learn/ get new spells that aren't "one-shot" scrolls etc?

There's that mage college thing, I'd assume you can pick a few up there. I haven't really gone that far but I've also found an ore transmute spell which you can use to turn iron to silver and silver to gold and there were a few tomes in a place called Fort Amol which is full of dark mages. I think there are also a few special abilities on the skills constellation.

I've mainly gone for the stealth/marksman route, although I back it up with axe melee and a bit of destruction magic too.

There's that mage college thing, I'd assume you can pick a few up there. I haven't really gone that far but I've also found an ore transmute spell which you can use to turn iron to silver and silver to gold and there were a few tomes in a place called Fort Amol which is full of dark mages. I think there are also a few special abilities on the skills constellation.

I've mainly gone for the stealth/marksman route, although I back it up with axe melee and a bit of destruction magic too.

I need to get my Imperial ass over to that gaff, then.

Eat jackboot nord scum. Or elf scum. Or whatever you are. In any case, I didn't know the backstory when I created Mighty Brenno, I still don't know or care now, I just like killing and looting

There is another way,go to the court magicians in major towns,all the earls have them.Most sell spell books.

I'm doing one-handed sword plus magic.

Quick spaz question: I have fire, sparks, raise zombie and, heal. Where can I learn/ get new spells that aren't "one-shot" scrolls etc?

When you go to Whitehall and report the sighting of the dragon there is a court wizard in the Dragonreach who has a whole load of spells to sell.

Thanks for the advice. I finally remembered to ask mages about spells. Can't really believe I forgot those basics, given how fucking long I spent playing Oblivion.

I'm still meandering around and avoiding main quests. I think I might visit the Mages gaff next and get some enchanting skills/ more spells. Then I fancy some werewolf action.

But first I want to get Azura's Star (which was in Oblivion) and is the everlasting massive Soul Gem thing, and therefore totally vital to keep all my magic weapons fully charged. So that's a Daedric Quest I need to crack.

Then I'll get my enchanting chops up to scratch, although I'll be DEVASTATED if I can't create a flaming sword and give it a boss name, like "LifeQuencher" or "WidowGrief"