You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I always focused on stealth, agility and marksman. Made me deadly with a bow but fucking useless when a minotaur found me outside though.

Not sure what approach to take with this one since the game randomly generates big arse dragons to beat the shit out of you. I'm thinking i'll need to be properly tooled up to deal with those bastards.

Just ordered the game of the year edition of Oblivion, as I've not really got anything like this to get my teeth into at the moment. One good thing is that by the time I get round to buying Batman it'll be a shitload cheaper.

Me too, I haven't even played Arkham Asylum yet and only started Oblivion recently. GOTY edition for cheap sounds like the way to go.

Strength,endurance were my first two to get high.

Needed to be able to cart dungeon loot.

Ye there's nothing worse than early on the game you get through a hard dungeon and you can't carry the loot. I had gone off games for a bit but my three to buy were FIFA 12, Skyrim and COD but now there's Arkham asylum and Mass Effect 3 as well. I'm not going to have time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good, will deffo put it on my list.

This last quarter is just insane for good games. Batman, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Battlefield and some other FPS whose name escapes me at the moment!

I'll not get to play a lot of these until well into the new year.

Reviews are coming in -

cvg - Review: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

9.5 / 10 A vast, open world overflowing with excitement, danger, mystery and humour. Truly, a generation-defining RPG.

Gamespot - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review on Xbox 360 - GameSpot.com

9.0 / 10 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the big, bold, and beautiful sequel you hoped for and is sure to bewitch you for countless hours.

ign - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review - PC Review at IGN

9.5 / 10 Skyrim is a rare kind of intensely personal, deeply rewarding experience, and one of the best role-playing games yet produced.

Guest Gucci_Ledge
Lower score than unchartered 3 I've found unchartered 3 to be fairly boring and the game basically plays itself apart from the odd shooting parts. I'd rate oblivion above unchartered 3 still. I am staying in this weekend so skyrim will be getting a lot of time. Happy days, well until my bird decides to ruin it.

Skyrim is a WRPG though, and UC3 is an action adventure game. I agree that UC3 was not that great (nowhere near as good as UC2 which was amazing at the time and worthy of the 10/10s) but ffs neither Skyrim or Uncharted are 'better' than the other, they're in compltely different genres. It would be like saying Pepe Reina is better than Robbie Fowler or something.

Skyrim is a WRPG though, and UC3 is an action adventure game. I agree that UC3 was not that great (nowhere near as good as UC2 which was amazing at the time and worthy of the 10/10s) but ffs neither Skyrim or Uncharted are 'better' than the other, they're in compltely different genres. It would be like saying Pepe Reina is better than Robbie Fowler or something.

They need to change rating systems and maybe segregate the genres, as an action adventure it may be the pinnacle of gaming ( though not for me, it plays itself almost).

I don't know if skyrim is better than uc3 as I haven't played it yet but I can say one is better for me than the other depending on which one I enjoyed the most regardless of the genre obviously you can't compare reina with fowler but if you game me a choice between both in there prime I'd choose fowler. My personal preference. My last post wasn't me stating fact just opinion on how I found the game.

That sounds promising as I found Fallout really dull. I kept getting lost and the s nothing to do so my ridiculously low boredome threshold soon was reached despite everyone going on about what a great game it was.

Having played Fallout and not Oblivion I was also a little concerned. I can safely say that this game is absolutely awesome. I reckon i'll spend more time on this than any game i've ever played. Been playing it all day, 6 in game days have passed and i've completed a grand total of 2 main quests, in fact it is possible to completely forget about the main story such is the depth to this game. Also anyone that thinks uncharted 3 (which though good took me under 9 hours to complete) is better than this is mental.

Watched my mate play the opening hour or so today. I wasn't blown away, but the last one, and Fallout, was a slow burner too I suppose.

Might just wait for a price drop (He got it for £36 in Sainsburys) but I don't do enough gaming these days to justify paying even that.