You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is there any point in getting married in skyrim? If it doesn't do anything apart from get your virtual dick wet then I don't think I'll bother.

Apparently it gives you benefits including extra health and your spouse makes you food, if I remember correctly.

IGM put something up shortly after release but I never looked into it past this as I've been warned by the Mrs about getting married on this game and she seems to know fucking everything I do.

I think that she thinks it's like World of Warcraft but I can't be arsed correcting her. Not worth the hastle.

I married that bint whose brother runs the shop in Riverwood. She opens a shop in whatever city you live in and she gives you money everytime you visit her.

If you give it a few days you can get at least a grand.

Fucking hell thats alright then isnt it? How do you marry them? I vaguely remember something about wearing a certain locket or something wasn't it?

Fucking hell thats alright then isnt it? How do you marry them? I vaguely remember something about wearing a certain locket or something wasn't it?

Amulet of Mara.

If you don't have one you can get one off the priest at the Temple of Mara in Riften, who will also set the wedding up for you.

I think all the partners you can marry have the shop income bag. Pretty handy early on for easy money I suppose.

Level 55 Imperial with medieval badass weapons and daedric armour, and running out of stuff to do.

Probably restart it all and go all magic-based I reckon, though it's quite an undertaking - it's taken me since Christmas to get this far, so will probably pick and choose missions more instead of going for everything next time!

Spoiler below

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

When you kill the big bastard dragon at Sovngarde, I thought all the dragons would get out of Tamriel?

I'm still getting abused by the scorchybreathed fuckups at every juncture. Not that it's a bother, they're only a few hits and easy to bring to earth with Dragonrend. Just annoying sometimes, that's all.

Unbelievable game though, bar a few daft glitches. I'd probably shorten the dialogue a tad, but frig me they've worked hard on it, and all the books etc.

Edited by Mel Wood

My main character has full Daedric and 100 for one hand and armour but I had done everything in roughly the same time span as you. I love the game so much so started again.

Oh and

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Did you leave that dragon at the throat of the world alive? He gives an ace speech and explains the dragons are free.

My main character has full Daedric and 100 for one hand and armour but I had done everything in roughly the same time span as you. I love the game so much so started again.

Oh and

Did you leave that dragon at the throat of the world alive? He gives an ace speech and explains the dragons are free.

I didn't. Thought about it beforehand, wanted to trust him but in the end thought, I AM dragonborn and born to slay these scaly gimps. Regretted slotting him afterwards, so will let him live next time and see the speech

I did do something very dim for the first six months of playing, until my brother in law showed me the error of my ways.

When you get a dragon claw key, I did not realise that the combination is marked on it if you look at it on your inventory.

For fuck's sake, for every one I had up until about level 50, I went through every permutation of Wolf/Eagle/Fish or Dragon/Feather/Sword in the three rings for each door or whatever until I got the right combo.

Felt like slashing my wrists with a daedric dagger after all that time wasted!

Hahahahaha thats ace!

I just had a Dunmer assassin try and take me out and he had a note on him from the Dark Brotherhood saying someone had paid for me to die.

Kinda curious as to who it is now, only person I've murdered is the black guy who trains one hand in Whiterun when I was a werewolf. I murdered him before as well and his wife paid some thugs to take me out.

Slut.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I made about 500 iron daggers, I emptied my inventory, went hunting for pelts and found a few good spots to mine before heading to whiterun (good because it has a smelter as well as 3 people to buy extra ore's off) to start smithing. It took me ages but I got it up eventually.

I think I must be weird because I actually really enjoyed smithing, enchanting and flogging shedloads of daggers, and also collecting vast numbers of ingredients with which to get some medieval level potion/poison making done too. Bizarre.

Great game but I've sacked it off now after winning the civil war and having next to nothing left to do except daft neverending Dark Brotherhood japes.

Walking round pillaging and one-hitting every fucker in a Bob Ross painting is great and all that, but 6+ months on one game has left me needing a change of pace. Something short, linear and modern then I'll go back to Skyrim I think.

Then just as I say that, I gather this extension pack is imminent.

Just when I tought I was out...Deey drag me back in...

Well after playing as a hand to hand thud and blunder mace-clogging imperial, I've restarted as a high elf and am all about the magic. It's like a different game, sounds obvious but when you learn your spells and your 'weapons and armour' take up no weight at all, you're legging round just looting for stuff to sell for more spells etc. Much faster running round, and you can year most enemies from a distance instead of having to get up close and personal. Loving the game again after it had become a bit chorey, with no likelihood of dying between level 20 and 50-odd before.

Traps still kill me in one go if I'm not wary though, now that I'm back to little health and no armour.

Superb game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...