You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What level are you and what level are your weapons and armour. If your too low piss off, level up and go back. Plenty of info in this thread about raising your smithing/weapon levels to such a degree that nothing will bother you. You will be taking dragons and giants down in a couple of hits

Anyone got any tips on how to take down a Master Vampire? I am getting severely bummed by that one who lives near Morthal.

If you're struggling then like already suggested go back when you've levelled up. If you can't wait though, sneak and archery is your best bet. I took that cunt out before he'd got out of his throne from a high walkway at the other side of the room. Take him out first and the others in the vicinity are a doddle.

There's a staff that allows you to summon a Daedra which I used to defeat him.

My guy is boss at the moment though.

Full legendary Daedric with an armour rating well over 600. More of an in your face warrior but I have a legendary Daedric bow with 100 Daedric arrows which I'm gonna build up for sneak attacks.

I'm shite at magic though.

Finished the main storyline and all I can say is wow. Simply amazing.

Spoilers:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Sovngarde is amazing and it's ace how you can meet people you've killed or witnessed die such as Kodlak, Ulfric, (depending on how the civil war went up to that point) Galmar etc and the actual Hall just looked stunning as did the visuals.

Also, I would strongly recommend NOT to kill Parthurnax because it fucks up the ending because he gave an ace talk.

Also, I've found a road into Morrowind and one into Cyrodiil. Googled this and apparently people have used console commands to get through the gates and have found the Red Gold Tower and some city in Morrowind which hints a major expansion in DLC.

Haven't read the spoiler, but got a question.

When you complete the main story, can you carry on with side missions, or is that game over?

I basically got halfway through the story then went and levelled up on my skillz and have been doing side missions for about 6 weeks. Level 51 so pretty hardy, but will prob start again after and just do the main story with a totally different character.

Ahh sound, cheers KL.

I just remember some game, one of the Fallouts maybe, where it ended with the main quest, that's all.

Might as well crack on with the main story then!

Was glad to see you still get perks after level 50 - I'd heard you didn't get any after that but I did, so hopefully will carry on levelling up and getting better.

Got pissed off with followers getting in my way in doorways/diving in front of my warhammer in dark rooms and dying, so fucked them off completely and am doing it alone. Never looked back since.

Thought the 'drinking game' quest was pretty funny, if anyone's done that one in Windhelm...?

• 5 weeks later...

Is anyone else quite excited by the Kinect DLC which is being released today?

Being able to actually say the dragon shouts or talk to your follower, it looks like it makes equipping weapons and spells so much easier as well.

• 1 month later...

Finally finished this the other day. Well all the trophy bits anyway.

Still didn't do everything, still a few locations/dungeons, but got all the important stuff.

Had to start a new game to complete Thieves Guild section because of PS3 bugs.

Cracking game and 3.5 months well spent!

Mine glitched so I couldn't get another companion, so without one I couldn't complete one of the Daedra quests where you have to sacrifice a companion, which in turn meant I couldn't get 100% trophies so I fucked it off after about 80hrs of gameplay mind.

Mine glitched so I couldn't get another companion, so without one I couldn't complete one of the Daedra quests where you have to sacrifice a companion, which in turn meant I couldn't get 100% trophies so I fucked it off after about 80hrs of gameplay mind.

I found followers handy at the start helping in fights, but they got in the way later on setting off traps and alerting enemies which didn't help my sneaky bastard style!

For that quest you mention, I didn't want to sacrifice anyone i knew (big soft bastard that I am) so I just hired some unknown merc in an inn somewhere. Did you try that?

Also, them Daedric quests, there are 16 available but you only need 15, so you could skip your glitched one anyway.

After a few weeks off the game I finally managed to put in a few hours yesterday and I also reached the sacrificial quest last night.

Was looking round for someone in the area to sacrifice, will head over to an inn now and hire someone. Nice one.

Can't believe I've been exclusively playing this game for 6months now. Can't remember another game I've gotten so much value for money. At around the 67hour mark currently.

Is this worth getting for the PS3? I heard it was very buggy, so I didn't wanna buy it until they fixed it. But surely they must have fixed it by now?

If you're just going to get it now, I'd say you'd be ok'ish.

I think most of the glitches in quests are sorted now, especially with a fresh game.

I would recommend turning autosave off and saving manually quite often.

Whatever the faults in the PS3 port, it's still a stunning game and experience.

I'm usually a warrior in these sorts of games but I fancy being a wood elf and going all archer. I'm a shit mage so I don't fancy that so does anyone have any tips on being an archer and is a wood elf the best race to be?

Apart from an initial bonus in Archery, I don't think it makes a lot of difference in the long run.

Take advantage of skill bonuses, training and clothing enhancements and keep using the bow, you'll be like hawkeye in no time.