You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ok, so having nigh-on impenetrable armour is nice, but does nothing to stop you being chargrilled or freezedried in seconds by mages.

And having enchanted weapons is nice, but then you (I) can't improve them without having mad magic skills.

Got to say, the skills are that far spread, you're always going to have a few weaknesses until much later, which keeps the game balanced and tense.

Anyone in the Dark Brotherhood yet? Weird introduction to it in the shack!

Anyone in the Dark Brotherhood yet? Weird introduction to it in the shack!

I refused to play her game, which resulted in a different Dark Brotherhood challenge opening up. Got me a few sweet weapons in the short term, but I probably lost out in the long term. Without giving too much away, hopefully.

Ahh, not for me yet though. I haven't got the speech skill high enough to persuade him for the first time yet.

Got my daedric armour though, so I probably won't exploit any more tricks like that for a while now.

Six bloody hours went past playing this last night. Safe to say I'm addicted now!

Apparently there's an inn mission in Whiterun where you have a drinking contest, get pissed up, black out then have to retrace your steps to find out what happens, which I've heard is a good one.

Clever game, the way you can't sell stuff back to people you stole it off. Haven't even touched alchemy yet though I've got a warehouse worth of ingredients back at the college.

You get a decent Daedric weapon for it was well which comes in handy. There is also a haunted house in Markarth which has one of the best weapons in the game in my opinion.

I refused to play her game, which resulted in a different Dark Brotherhood challenge opening up. Got me a few sweet weapons in the short term, but I probably lost out in the long term. Without giving too much away, hopefully.

Ahh, didn't realise you could get out of obliging her so I 'did' one, and pondered doing the lot in one go, to see if anything different happened.

You get a decent Daedric weapon for it was well which comes in handy. There is also a haunted house in Markarth which has one of the best weapons in the game in my opinion.

Sound. Just need a decent two handed daedric weapon, and I'll have the full kit.

Need to get some permanent protection from flame, shock and frost magic, which I believe you can get on a short mission from the temple in Riften.

Pretty sorted with weapons now, a one handed daedric mace enchanted with soul grab, and a two handed warhammer enchanted with flame damage.

Take out pesky easy attackers with the mace, so their souls feed the gems to charge the two hander up to break out against bigger enemies.

Magicians are still twats though. There's a little round castle full of the wand-hoisting spanners that reet clusterfucked me with hand-flames. Grrr.

I'm shit.

Currently level 15 and I am rocking full Blades armour including shield and a Dwarven sword of burning which does damage of 14. I prefer a shield at the moment because my armour is wank but I need a boss 1 hand sword. Any ideas on where to get a better blade?

That tips article further up has a 31 DMG mace with a further 31 frost DMG and you should be able to do the mission now la.

I'm shit.

Currently level 15 and I am rocking full Blades armour including shield and a Dwarven sword of burning which does damage of 14. I prefer a shield at the moment because my armour is wank but I need a boss 1 hand sword. Any ideas on where to get a better blade?

Like I have said before. The real weapons are ones you make. My ebony mace does 174 damage and about 40 fire damage. Nothing troubles me any more. Giants 3 swipes, dragons 4 or 5. You need to get your smithing and enchanting up. Pm me if you want and I will give u a proper explanation. Can't type the whole thing on my phone.

Like I have said before. The real weapons are ones you make. My ebony mace does 174 damage and about 40 fire damage. Nothing troubles me any more. Giants 3 swipes, dragons 4 or 5. You need to get your smithing and enchanting up. Pm me if you want and I will give u a proper explanation. Can't type the whole thing on my phone.

Do you just learn that mace with leveling up your smithing?

Fucking hell!

My smithing is a poor 34 at the moment so I am gonna do some side missions to earn some cash to buy equipment and then go hunting for pelts.

I do have a sword that does extra 20% damage to dragons though.

Fucking hell!

My smithing is a poor 34 at the moment so I am gonna do some side missions to earn some cash to buy equipment and then go hunting for pelts.

I do have a sword that does extra 20% damage to dragons though.

The short version is get your smithing right up so you can make at least glass weapons and magical weapons. Ideally you also get your alchemy sorted so you can make smithing potions. The potion of smithing increases the power of created weapon by up to 20%. Then you need to make yourself a ring of extreme wielding, a knecklace of extreme wielding at an arcane enchanter, enchant your gaunlets with extreme weilding and also your boots. If your enchanting is high enough, all these will add up to 25% power to your sword, mace etc so if you have a sword that does 20 damage and your wearing your ring necklace etc the 4 items double the strengh of the weapon so it now does 40 damage. You then improve this weapon at a grindstone at a blacksmiths and the weapon will jump another 20-25%. As your skills improve the damage the weapons do becomes massive. If you can get your smithing to 100 you can make a legendary ebony mace which does about 80 damage. Double that with the rings, necklace etce and invest points into your onehanded and your talking about a weapon that kills most things in a coupe of slashes. You can then enchant the weapon with fire, frost etc. for more carnage

I am in work so cant check this due to websense but this website should explain it better than I can

Skyrim: Best Possible Equipment Guide | GameFront

Once you have played about with it, it makes sense and nothing can fuck with you. Plus you can enchant your armour with extra health, strengh so you can carry more or plain old fire resistance.

Also when its 100 you can make dragon armour which is awesome

Ahh, didn't realise you could get out of obliging her so I 'did' one, and pondered doing the lot in one go, to see if anything different happened.

Potential Dark Brotherhood spoilers if you haven't started it yet.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I didn't like being told what to do so I tried killing her instead and it worked. It started a 'Destroy The Dark Brotherhood' task, where you have to kill the remaining members. I left the three potential victims in the shed so they've probably all starved to death by now. By trying to do the right thing, I've now ended four lives instead of just one.

Dragon armor is crap, don't waste the perk or carry weight. Daedric is better.

It's good if you have built up your heavy armour skill so a matching set of heaving armour doesn't weigh anything.

I stuck with it until I have HA armour until I hit 100 then switched over to light armour.

Serious question, how vast is this game? I killed the main dragon how much is there to do beyond what I assume is the main story line?

I have invested a few hundred hours in this already and on the main story line, I have just visited the greybeards, so have quite a long way to go on that one. Also, have about 50+ quests to do, that I have picked up walking around and I still see quite a few places I haven't been yet. Could easily see this taking 1000+ hours to finish all of it.

Still haven't got my head around using soul gems properly, but finding myself planning how to develop my imperial even when I'm not playing sometimes. I fully understand how sad that would be if it wasn't such a masterpiece of a game.

Got all legendary daedric armour, 2 daedric maces, one soul grab one first damage. One legendary warhammer and a daedric shock bow.

Still getting twatted by magic fire and frost though so am going to do all new armour with first and fire protection as soon as my enchanting is up to it.

Thought it was funny that one of your followers starts an affair with your wife if you marry his ex!

Ooh, just beat the master necromancer fuckup last night and have to decide who to give the azura star to...

Read a bit ahead, so need to decide - permanent soul gem that only takes souls of non humans but you get a decent mage follower, or stick with Faendal and get a permanent soul gem that takes human souls too....

Toughie. But either way's a result, I think.

Anyone done that quest yet?

Ooh, just beat the master necromancer fuckup last night and have to decide who to give the azura star to...

Read a bit ahead, so need to decide - permanent soul gem that only takes souls of non humans but you get a decent mage follower, or stick with Faendal and get a permanent soul gem that takes human souls too....

Toughie. But either way's a result, I think.

Anyone done that quest yet?

Yes, I decided to make The Black Star as that can absorb humans and animals. It's much better than Azura's Star