You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moof - didn't say playing Coates was stupid - Just meant the idea of us being frightened of Norwich at Home was stupid; As to Coates? I'm sure Kenny will know When exactly to play him - Consider; with our current defence? We've gone unbeaten and won every game bar one since the Tottenham Debacle which Coates did play in. Why change it immediately? Just watching an Ian Rush interview on LFC channel where he's talking about how players used to spend a "year in the reserves learning their trade" and the patient ones (like him, Whelan, Mcmahon, Hansen etc) eventually took their chances when they came and became established long-term players;

I think Rushy had a point when he contrasts that approach with the "play me now or else" petulant children of today who often end up making a right mess of their careers by starting to early or making mistakes and demanding despite this to be included? Just a thought but perhaps Kenny is reinstituting that system at Anfield once more? - It was IIRR always United that started young players and threw them in early or loaned them out elsewhere then brought them back whilst we? Always brought them on slowly through the reserves and replaced players as they aged or got injured; What's more? Look just how long we were at the top for when that system was fully functioning with settled teams of established players and 'acclimatised' youngsters ready to come in?

Anyway - Maybe Coates is now doing his time in the reserves after a shaky start at Spurs to get him used to English football and stop him not getting used to it whilst with us and going the way of Ayala or Paletta who were also bright young things? Something tells me anyway that this time/season? Carra's luck with injuries or the managements patience with Skrtel? Will run out at some point and then? There'll be chances enough for Coates and then some. He'll get his chance soon enough and I think he has enough about him to take it with Both hands. Whatever happens though? We should leave it to Kenny - He's in charge and knows exactly what he's doing...............

NB Martin Kelly's an example of that as to a lesser extent are Jay Spearing, John Flanagan and Jack Robinson - All cracking little youth team players who've done or are doing their time in getting used to the way the team plays in the reserves and youth sides then coming in as injuries and age overwhelm their superiors in the First Team. Look at Kelly on Saturday - Didn't give Ashley Young a kick after previously virtually shutting out Giggs at Old Trafford in January and spending a lot of time on the sidelines or in the reserve/youth sides in between yet on Saturday? He looked (and probably was) the best young right-back in England certainly better than that joke at Tottenham yet overlooked for England in favour of said inferior player which is fine since it means he can devote his time to Liverpool more. But Kelly is a perfect example I think of the 'old' system of ours which is just starting IMO to come back under the last manager to make full use of said system back in 1990 to win us the title - And who given enough time? Will do precisely that once more...............

Id go with:

Reina

Kelly Carra Agger Enrique

Gerrard Adam

Downing Suarez Bellamy

Carroll

Subs: Doni (if fit), Johnson, Skrtel, Spearing, Henderson, Kuyt, Maxi

but I think it will be:

Reina

Kelly Carra Skrtel Enrique

Henderson Gerrard Adam Downing

Suarez Carroll

Lucas

Mascherano

Aurelio

Maxi

I know you have unfounded blind hate for Lucas, but if you think the other three are not "any fucking good" then you are a cross eyed ear licker.

Spot on! Couldnt agree more.

But no lets all be negative and come up with silly comments without actually thinking about what were actually saying! Lets let the past signings of a couple of South American kids put us in a mindset that present and future south american signings will probably be the same.

--------------------Reina--------------------

Johnson------Coates----Agger------Aurelio

Henderson--Spearing--Gerrard---Downing

--------------Bellamy----Carroll-------------

A strong team with the back line from the last game all rested.. Everyone playing wide is capable of delivering quality crosses for Carroll, and Bellamy to feed off the loose balls..

If we still need to score com the 60th minute, Suarez to come on for Downing, Adam for Spearing and push Hendo behind the striker.. and Maybe Kuyt/Maxi for Carroll. Sorta like this:

---------------Gerrard---Adam--------------

------------------Henderson-----------------

-----------Kuyt----Suarez----Bellamy------

--------------------Reina--------------------

Johnson------Coates----Agger------Aurelio

Henderson--Spearing--Gerrard---Downing

--------------Bellamy----Carroll-------------

A strong team with the back line from the last game all rested.. Everyone playing wide is capable of delivering quality crosses for Carroll, and Bellamy to feed off the loose balls..

If we still need to score com the 60th minute, Suarez to come on for Downing, Adam for Spearing and push Hendo behind the striker.. and Maybe Kuyt/Maxi for Carroll. Sorta like this:

---------------Gerrard---Adam--------------

------------------Henderson-----------------

-----------Kuyt----Suarez----Bellamy------

Why would you rest the entire back four?

Norwich are on the back of a decent run.. 3 wins in their last 4 and the defeat being a good performance at old toilet where they should maybe have got something from the game.. but we should be beating these without too many problems at Anfield.. im sure they will have a go but if they do it will lead to gaps at the back and if we can actually take chances we create then we could have 3 or 4.. They may get one but im thinking 3-1/4-1..

id go with

------- Reina----------

Kelly Carra Agger enrique

----Henderson Adam-----

Kuyt ------------ Downing

------ Gerrard

--------- Suarez

Subs

Jones

Johnson

Coates

Spearing

Maxi

Bellamy

Carroll

all going well introduce Andy, Bellers and Coates around the hour

Why would you rest the entire back four?

Carra and Enrique have started every game so far. A rest would be good for them long-term, especially the former.

It's not a makeshift defence by any means:

Agger IMO is our best CB.

Johnson is arguably our no 1 RB (Though I prefer Kelly personally)

Aurelio has a wand of a left foot and I think Andy Carroll will really prosper with him in the side

Coates I admit is a bit controversial, but if he can't get a game versus Norwich then he's never gonna get one.

Carra and Enrique have started every game so far. A rest would be good for them long-term, especially the former.

It's not a makeshift defence by any means:

Agger IMO is our best CB.

Johnson is arguably our no 1 RB (Though I prefer Kelly personally)

Aurelio has a wand of a left foot and I think Andy Carroll will really prosper with him in the side

Coates I admit is a bit controversial, but if he can't get a game versus Norwich then he's never gonna get one.

Your advocating putting in an entirely new back four though to what's played last few weeks, this also in a game were without our one defensive midfielder, that's crazy mate, Coates beside Carra would be only change I'd make, Johnson is gona have to wait for his chance and Aurellio's days are numbered anyway

Your advocating putting in an entirely new back four though to what's played last few weeks, this also in a game were without our one defensive midfielder, that's crazy mate, Coates beside Carra would be only change I'd make, Johnson is gona have to wait for his chance and Aurellio's days are numbered anyway

Spearing is a capable enough defensive midfielder. In truth, I reckon Kenny will not make any change other than Spearing for Lucas. I didn't watch the Rangers game, but I read that he wasn't ecstatic with the performance.