You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give it a rest. Hodgson was serving up home defeats to Wolves where we barely had a shot let alone a chance. As disappointing as today was we could have had 10.

And Hodgson was slaughtered because he had us in a relegation scrap in December! Dont even compare.

It's true though. It was fucking shite we shouldn't be drawing at home to Norwich. No matter what the manager is, whatever the circumstances are.

As some already said, at this point last season we were staring into the abyss under owlface, this year we are at least within touch of 4th so far.

No point, burying our heads in the sand, there are issues without fucking doubt. But we are a fucking whole lot better off right now than last year.

All we have to do is correct a few problems and we'll be well capable of finishing 4th.

I agree with this.

Mind boggles with us latley,dont look good ,i want kenny to take us back to the top but are we blinkered with the past ,sentiment is there but im at a loss to explain how we carnt beat teams like norwich at home ,lot of money spent and so far doesnt look good value .Why downing plays right wing instead of left and adam all he does is fall over ,carrol is looking biggest transfer hit of all time mind you might bhelp if he gets a game

I don't want Kenny gone, at all not now not ever. But if Hodgson had served that there would be riots.

What? Are you actually being serious? We battered them for the majority of the game and were undone by a sloppy mistake in defence as well as poor finishing along with the bar/woodwork. What the fuck does this have in common with any of roy's time in charge?

Carroll scored the winner on his last start, doesn't even come off the bench in the next game, then is slaughtered for not doing the business in 10 minutes today, albeit we looked extremely dangerous with him on the pitch. I find all the criticism of him a bit mystifying.

Suarez did miss 11 chances today, I think what annoys me most about those is that on probably 3 occasions team-mates were better placed.

I was tempted to stop off a pet shop on the way home and buy a cat, just so I could boot seven shades of shite out of it. That was the very definition of frustrating.

Our wastefulness in front of goal this season has truly been astounding. I'm very happy with our displays overall this season (the horror show at Spurs being the glaring exception), but how many times are we going to waste chance after chance after chance? Suarez is obviously unbelievable and a joy to watch, but how is it possible for him to consistently do the hard work by taking a defender out the game with a outrageous piece of skill, only to fluff the resultant simple chance?

Some of the chances squandered today really were scandalous. The Downing one in the first half after the ball came back off the post really was piss poor. Set up at a perfect height for him to hit with his left and he hits it straight into the Kop. Carroll and Kuyt also really should have done a lot better with the headed chances in the second half that came their way.

I'm really encouraged by a lot of our build up play, but fuck me, it seems like we're trying to walk the ball in at times. We have two excellent strikers of the ball in Adam and Gerrard, so why not just have a pop from 20-25 yards at times?

I know I sound like a broken record in this post with regards to missing chances, but, Christ, I feel like banging my head against a brick wall. It fucking can't go on.

Carroll scored the winner on his last start, doesn't even come off the bench in the next game, then is slaughtered for not doing the business in 10 minutes today, albeit we looked extremely dangerous with him on the pitch. I find all the criticism of him a bit mystifying.

Suarez did miss 11 chances today, I think what annoys me most about those is that on probably 3 occasions team-mates were better placed.

Well said.

Better.football played but not many more points, hardly convincing is it.

And the final substitution, well...words fail me.

Why dont you look at the league records then. Because Dalglish has won way more points than Hodgson could have dreamed of.

We can talk about luck, or finishing, or whatever the fuck.

At the end of the day, and I'm really not trying to wind anyone up, we simply haven't spent well and if the £80m spent on Carroll, Adam, Henderson and Downing were spent more wisely we could have been quite easily up there with City, Utd and Chelsea. Instead we're in for a tough fight for 4th, which we may well win but that is our ceiling for this season.

I'm frustrated because it could have been higher if we were more responsible with the money (or rather, if the British passport wasn't such a big priority), but not really fuming as this result isn't a big surprise to me.

What? Are you actually being serious? We battered them for the majority of the game and were undone by a sloppy mistake in defence as well as poor finishing along with the bar/woodwork. What the fuck does this have in common with any of roy's time in charge?

One Point is not good enough at home v Norwich especially with the level of investment we've had.

That's 3 draws at home, no clean sheets and 2 losses on the road.

We need to pull our fingers out, we need to be more clinical!

As some already said, at this point last season we were staring into the abyss under owlface, this year we are at least within touch of 4th so far.

No point, burying our heads in the sand, there are issues without fucking doubt. But we are a fucking whole lot better off right now than last year.

All we have to do is correct a few problems and we'll be well capable of finishing 4th.

We were good today, which is probably adding to the frustration.

Attacked in numbers with verve and swagger, we had impressive movement and variation and created enough chances to win three games. At least, I would say 5 genuine sitters. I think, if you accept, as I did, that a twosome of Gerrard and Adam aren't going to offer great defensive cover, it was mainly positive.

Why dont you look at the league records then. Because Dalglish has won way more points than Hodgson could have dreamed of.

Yeah but we just drew at home to Norwich with our £35 million striker on the bench.

Once more, I want Kenny here forever and a day but things aren't as rosy as people think they are.

I don't want Kenny gone, at all not now not ever. But if Hodgson had served that there would be riots.

It was ultimately a frustrating afternoon, we didn't play bad we just weren't clinical enough. Yeah hitting the bar 3 times is unlucky but for the money we've spent on our attack we really should be putting away more chances. One thing that screams out to me and Carroll needs to take note is that we completely lack a poacher. We lack an Owen, a Luis Garcia someone who has the knack of scoring and getting at the end of crosses and deliveries.

Carroll isn't doing that and Suarez for all his skill just isn't as clinical as you would like him to be.

I firmly believe results like this will be part of the course for this season because we've just got players who ultimately however talented they maybe just aren't as consistent as we need them to be. I don't want to mention the price but it's hard not to. Does Downing look £16 Million? Does Carroll look £35 Million. We can argue the rights and wrongs of it, I'm not losing faith no matter what this post sounds like.

But it's questions that need addressing if we are to have any sort of success this year. Patience is a virtue, but plenty of improvement is needed by the players, and dare I say it by Kenny if we're to achieve fourth.

Ultimately a very frustrating afternoon and 1 point against Norwich at home is never a good result, regardless of the performance.

Oh fuck off with that. We battered them.

Edit: i can see some people beat me to it.

Lfd you can fuck off too, this incessant abuse of Carroll is a fucking joke.

He wasn't to blame for the draw, but he did miss a very good chance.

I think Kenny is getting the tactics wrong by defending so deep and inviting pressure, the back four + Reina are making too many errors and we need to be more clinical.

But there are many positives:

- Suarez is the best player in the league at creating chances.

- Enrique is boss.

- Bellamy is a real threat on the left flank.

- Adam is looking very good in possession.

I think what is frustrating about Downing is he can be a match winner with his delivery but at times just plays an easy pass side ways or back wards rather than putting in crosses. When he does put in crosses with either foot he looks very good.

I think right midfield is a bit of a problem position for us at the moment. We have seen Henderson, Kuyt and Gerrard in that position and neither really suit it - all are better centrally. Downing likes to play that position, but I think he is far more effective on the left, however he doesn't desvere to start over Bellamy. I think we need to consider either giving Maxi a chance in that position or playing Johnson at right wing and have Kelly at right back. We'd look a lot more balanced IMO.

We were good today, which is probably adding to the frustration.

Attacked in numbers with verve and swagger, we had impressive movement and variation and created enough chances to win three games. At least, I would say 5 genuine sitters. I think, if you accept, as I did, that a twosome of Gerrard and Adam aren't going to offer great defensive cover, it was mainly positive.

Yeah people shouldn't forget how good we were for 60 odd minutes. We played some great stuff, and as you say, that has just added to the frustration.

If we play that again next week, I guarantee everyone here we will beat West Brom because we will not be that wasteful again. I think its a fucking mathematical impossibility.

But, I'm afraid to say it, we need to basically play the same first 11, maybe possibly replacing Adam with Lucas if need be. Which in my mind would mean 3 summer signings on the bench.