You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent seen any of the game, heard a bit on the radio. Have nothing to base this on other than the past two results and lack of creativity at home, but.........

Is Gerrard, the legend he is, making those midfielders around him put in a lesser shift? Do they all try and play everything through him or just think he's good enough to win it on his own and therefore play under their usual level?

eh?

The Adam and Gerrard pairing was everything i thought it would be too. i.e. pretty woeful on the back foot.

Well they told us it was the managers fault so we changed the manager (twice), we changed the players and the coaching staff, christ we even changed the owners but we still can't beat these shite teams at home.

It's alarming how weak our midfield is once the opposition have a go back at us, once they equalised there was total panic and not just on the pitch, some of Kenny's substitutions and tactical changes were quite baffling.

There were comments from Carra at some conference in London the other week, first time I've even seen him hinting that he recognises his time is coming to an end. He's not ready for the knackers yard just yet but I think this will be the last season that he's a guaranteed starter when fit.

He's 34 in January, OK he's got an advantage over some ageing players because his game has never been about pace so he won't suffer too much from losing what he has but he's not the player he was three or four seasons ago and it's pointless kidding ourselves otherwise.

Before all the usual drama queens start, I'm not saying he should be dumped out of the squad now so save me the screaming hysterics about Liverpool legends. He is, but so is Rushie and he couldn't turn out for the first team now. Players get old, shit happens.

If I'm honest with myself I think I gave up hope when Bellamy went off, I just couldn't understand what we were trying to achieve by doing that.

Daniel Agger is the best centre half at the club now, in my view. For me, if he's fit, as he was today, he absolutely has to start.

I'm fuming. I can't take any of the negatives out of that match. I spent the most of it arguing with the telly and shouting. Fucking pissed off.

SHITE.

That's points dropped in 4 games now where we should've had the wins.

Sunderland, Stoke, United and Norwich. 3 home games drawn also.

FUCK OFF.

We played well for much of the game but we didn't win because our ratio of chances for =goals for: chances against = goals against, is not good enough. Simple as that. Given the chances we made compared with those of the oppostion, we should win the game. Similar picture to last week.

Not a lot wrong with how we played but the business end (at both ends) is what needs attention.

I totally blame the forwards for that this evening.

But in saying that, someone made the point, we seemingly can't go a fucking game without conceding. You see the mancs and alot of their wins are scrappy 1-0 wins. We got our 1 goal today, but the defence slipped up again when put under any real pressure.

Its something that needs looking at because we are creating chances, when we get the 1 or 2 goals we need to win these games the defence needs to do their job to preserve the lead.

No individual was to blame.

We could have won that game by 4 goals, had our finishing been better. People can have a pop at Suarez but he makes most the the chances he misses... plus that save at the end was brilliant.

We did miss Lucas, he is our best player at breaking up the ball. But in reality we should have won that games without him. We should have played higher up the pitch in defense, pressed them into their half and taken our chances.

I am more worried about our approach to games as a whole, than individual performances. I said in the pressing thread, if we continue to not press teams until they reach our final third and invite pressure we'll struggle to get in the top four. We have to change this approach!

Carroll is fuckin shite, I still back what I said about him when we first signed him (being worth closer to 35p than 35m).

Kenny did himself no favours with that last sub (Maxi could have changed it).

If Henderson was coming on it should have been for Adam only, otherwise don't bother.
We should have won that match (but i am constantly thinking that), our finishing is abysmal.

My fuckin stream went dead at the end so i missed the drama at the end. FUCK! I'm so pissed off we dropped points.

It's very worrying how the heads drop when we concede and the managements movements to try and get us back into the ascendancy.

Bring on the next game. It's just a pity as we were playing so well at times. The players must be gutted.

Very surprised Adam stayed on.

Sloppy goal conceded.

I think it looked sloppy, but I doubt Reina would have saved it even if he didn't come out as it was a good header into the corner.

It was a great cross which made the goal, not poor defending IMO.

Positives: we scored and created many chances, hit the woodwork at least 3 times, and for the most part we totally controlled the game.

Negatives: we didn't convert our chances and as a result let Norwich back in to the game. Defensively poor, what was Reina doing? He has to punch that clear if he comes for it. Also, our substitutions weren't as effective as they could have been.

We need to buy a proven finisher in January or fourth is a pipedream.

I think it looked sloppy, but I doubt Reina would have saved it even if he didn't come out as it was a good header into the corner.

It was a great cross which made the goal, not poor defending IMO.

It was a combination of everything going wrong, Glen couldn't keep up with him and Carra seemed like a deer in headlights, then Pepe fucking nearly kills Carra and Glen. No one person to blame but definitely could have been avoided IMO.

I'm sick to the back teeth of reading comments about bent refs whilst we're dropping points because 1. We're not good enough, 2. Suarez gives the ball away for fun and 3. Kenny's substitutions are too late and ineffective.

Yes, some refereeing decisions are pretty disgraceful but that applies to every game, every weekend, every team. We need to shut up whining about referees and face the fact that if we were capable of putting away the chances we create we'd be higher up the table.

Well said, agreed

Over run in the middle again

Shite defence

Poor finishing,

Apart from that were sound .

It was a combination of everything going wrong, Glen couldn't keep up with him and Carra seemed like a deer in headlights, then Pepe fucking nearly kills Carra and Glen. No one person to blame but definitely could have been avoided IMO.

I might be wrong, But did carra misjudge the flight of the ball?

Massive disappointment again at home but we are our own worst enemies, we are just not clinical enough. We seem to need 8 or 9 good chances to score one while it seems our opponents always score from their first spell of pressure.

Fuck knows what Reina was doing for their goal and Downing looks more ordinary with every passing game. I can`t understand why Bellamy was taken off with the game still not won but even less understandable was why the ref not only didnt give us the pen for the assault on Adam but actually give the foul against him. Baffling.

You guys were unlucky today....missed several clear chances and paid for it. Any other day this would be 4-5 goal win. But thats the whole point with the PL, alot of you dont take into account freak results like this one when you add three points in your head before the game. We had similar game against Blackburn where they had three attempts on target and scored 4 while we had 24 attempts. Few things I took from this game.

Gerrard and Adam in a 4-4-2 is very dangerous and will only work at home against smaller teams. neither is a sitting midfielder and their attacking instincts will always get better of them.

Suarez needs to be very careful so he doesnt develop a reputation as the biggest cheat in the PL. He is very clever in that he seeks contact, but today it was clear this ref was aware of that and was never gonna give him anything. He also needs to stop complaining about every challenge, cause when he's end of a real challenge, the ref will think here he goes again.