You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One Point is not good enough at home v Norwich especially with the level of investment we've had.

That's 3 draws at home, no clean sheets and 2 losses on the road.

We need to pull our fingers out, we need to be more clinical!

You're out of order dragging Hodgson into a post and comparing him to the king to reinforce your point. It's obvious we need to be more clinical. I don't get your agenda here or your logic.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lfd you can fuck off too, this incessant abuse of Carroll is a fucking joke.

I don't rate him.

I have criticised him constructively as well on here.

He wasn't to blame today, but he is not good enough and I'm not going to lie and say I think he is good when he is clearly struggling.

Why dont you look at the league records then. Because Dalglish has won way more points than Hodgson could have dreamed of.

Oh please.

I am a 37 year old man using my intelligence and eyes who isn't blinked by history.

We are playing decent ish football with no end prodcut, nervous defence and to me, lacking a bit of leadership tonight.

No matter what Kenny has done for the club, he is now judged by results and performances on the pitch, and if they aren't up to scratch, its his head in the line.

s

Yeah but we just drew at home to Norwich with our £35 million striker on the bench.

Once more, I want Kenny here forever and a day but things aren't as rosy as people think they are.

It wasnt a shite 0-0 with no chances.

Id much rather this than the shite that we were served up by Hodgson and for the majority of Rafa's last season.

As for your last sentance, things are also not as bad as some people make out. But that is the norm on here, because everything is fucking black and white on here. No matter what the subject.

I don't rate him.

I have criticised him constructively as well on here.

He wasn't to blame today, but he is not good enough and I'm not going to lie and say I think he is good when he is clearly struggling.

I thought he looked ok when he came on today mate tbh. Should have come on sooner to be fair on the lad.

I thought he looked ok when he came on today mate tbh. Should have come on sooner to be fair on the lad.

He missed a very good chance. Other than that, I don't think he did much.

He is a handful in the box and a good plan b, but he is not in the same class as Rush, Owen, Fowler and Torres all real number 9s for us and the type of striker we need to lead the line and then play Suarez as the number 10 he really is!

Edited by LFD

s

It wasnt a shite 0-0 with no chances.

Id much rather this than the shite that we were served up by Hodgson and for the majority of Rafa's last season.

As for your last sentance, things are also not as bad as some people make out. But that is the norm on here, because everything is fucking black and white on here. No matter what the subject.

It was a shite 1-1. With plenty of chances, but fuck all in terms of being clinical our subs left a lot to be desired.

What is the point of comparing Woy with Kenny. One will never darken our doorstep ever again while no one will have to tell Kenny things aren't working out as he does have a good idea what is required.

The big decision for the king is what are we to do with our centre halves. It is painfully obvious the lack of pace has them standing on Pepe's toes dragging the midfield further back not pressing and allowing opponents plenty of possession.

No player lasts forever and I have no doubt Jay will still have some stand out moments to come but if tonight told me anything it was that we have looked brittle through the middle all season. We need to play 10 yards further up the pitch and we will be ok

Two points dropped, and frustrating.

However, people laying into individuals and also the manager need to have a sit down.

Overall, here was little wrong with the performance. Yes, Suarez missed a few good chances (some of which he actually created out of next to nothing, mind), there was a defensive mix up which cost us the goal, and Downing didn’t have the best of games. But we had 25 or so chances, they had about 8. On another day we would have won comfortably.

Suarez was excellent today. If just one of those chances had gone in they’d be raving about him on MOTD – small margins between being called a genius and being vilified on an LFC website. His control and burst of pace are incredible. The goals will come because he is an excellent footballer.

The defence looked steady to me until the play started to get a little stretched. I can’t understand why people are crying about Carra. Theirs was a good goal. If any single player was to blame (which is rarely the case in any conceded goal) it would be Reina. But he will bounce back because he’s an excellent keeper.

When the play was stretched, it was clear we missed Lucas (no matter what the headcases with their selective statistic-reading say). A player mopping up in that area is vital.

The substitutions weren’t baffling to me. Bellamy isn’t a 90 minute player. He was excellent today and very dangerous. It was a shame the Downing/Enrique partnership had to be broken up to accommodate him, but he played well. However, by his own admission, his legs need to be preserved.

Hederson coming on was a good idea after his cameo against the mancs, but unfortunately he didn’t really do much.

Downing was quiet today (his first half shot was shocking) and I wasn’t surprised he came off.

The final substitution was to free up Enrique to get forward – again understandable.

Reading through this thread makes me more fed up than I felt during the game. Kenny’s lost it, Suarez isn’t good enough, Carra should retire and we should have got rid of Reina.

Hysterical and pathetic.

Everything isn’t rosy – we dropped two points against a team that real title contenders have beaten. However, top 4, our real target this season is a very realistic target.

For those who are angry, fed up and are throwing bile at your own team, have another look at the game - we played well and were unlucky.

Perspective is needed.

Edited by razor
Not enough perspective...

In order to finish fourth

1. We need Carroll to start scoring

2. We need Downing to provide regular quality service

3. Bellamy needs to start more

We need to get some consistency in our play

The odd clean sheet might help too. But then i don't for one second expect a good scouser like yourself to make reference to the elephant in the room that is Jamie Carragher.

However, people laying into individuals and also the manager need to have a sit down.

Overall, here was little wrong with the performance. Yes, Suarez missed a few good chances (some of which he actually created out of next to nothing, mind), there was a defensive mix up which cost us the goal, and Downing didn’t have the best of games. But we had 25 or so chances, they had about 8. On another day we would have won comfortably.

Suarez was excellent today. If just one of those chances had gone in they’d be raving about him on MOTD – small margins between being called a genius and being vilified on an LFC website. His control and burst of pace are incredible. The goals will come because he is an excellent footballer.

The defence looked steady to me until the play started to get a little stretched. I can’t understand why people are crying about Carra. Theirs was a good goal. If any single player was to blame (which is rarely the case in any conceded goal) it would be Reina. But he will bounce back because he’s an excellent keeper.

When the play was stretched, it was clear we missed Lucas (no matter what the headcases with their selective statistic-reading say). A player mopping up in that area is vital.

The substitutions weren’t baffling to me. Bellamy isn’t a 90 minute player. He was excellent today and very dangerous. It was a shame the Downing/Enrique partnership had to be broken up to accommodate him, but he played well. However, by his own admission, his legs need to be preserved.

Hederson coming on was a good idea after his cameo against the mancs, but unfortunately he didn’t really do much.

Downing was quiet today (his first half shot was shocking) and I wasn’t surprised he came off.

The final substitution was to free up Enrique to get forward – again understandable.

Reading through this thread makes me more fed up than I felt during the game. Kenny’s lost it, Suarez isn’t good enough, Carra should retire and we should have got rid of Reina.

Hysterical and pathetic.

Everything isn’t rosy – we dropped two points against a team that real title contenders have beaten. However, top 4, our real target this season is a very realistic target.

For those who are angry, fed up and are throwing bile at your own team, have another look at the game - we played well and were unlucky.

Good post, mate.

Disagree on the subs though. If I've got one criticism of Kenny, it's that I think he leaves it far too late before throwing subs on. Downing wasn't having the best of games, but I thought it was pretty bizarre to bring Carroll on when you've taken him and Bellamy on. We got some alright balls into the box from the flanks at times in the second half and I would have loved to have seen Carroll get on the end of them. He fluffed his chance at the end, but I reckon there was joy to be had by going down that route.

Agree with most of it though.

i thought we played ok today, at least we created plenty of chances. i was felt more disappointed last week with the 1-1 against the mancs.

i"m still puzzled why we did"nt buy someone like cahill in the summer and instead paid out for coates. strange one that!

Give it a rest. Hodgson was serving up home defeats to Wolves where we barely had a shot let alone a chance. As disappointing as today was we could have had 10.

And Hodgson was slaughtered because he had us in a relegation scrap in December! Dont even compare.

Roy Hodgson was crap but in his defence he had a squad of mostly has beens or never will be's in comparison to the choice of players Kenny had. Kenny has been allowed to spend freely, not have the distractions of boardroom fighting and the fans fully behind him, yet his start to the season has not been much better than Hodgson's.

Roy Hodgson was crap but in his defence he had a squad of mostly has beens or never will be's in comparison to the choice of players Kenny had. Kenny has been allowed to spend freely, not have the distractions of boardroom fighting and the fans fully behind him, yet his start to the season has not been much better than Hodgson's.

That's roughly what I was trying to get at.

I'm also not entirely convinced our side is any better than the one that won 5-2 away to Fulham last season.

Hysterical and pathetic.

Perspective is needed.

I don't understand how established posters get rankled at a few people losing their heads in match threads, it happens every week. I'm not sure how you're not used to it by now and I imagine some unpleasant things go on in all our heads during the game. It's business as usual on here.

2 things obviously need correcting and we'll be alright.

Chances need to be taken to put games to bed.

And the defence needs to stop conceding.

We look incapable of scoring to save our fucking lives at times and we look destined to concede in nearly every game we play.

I think the first one is simply down to the players learning not to panic, I think the second is down to the coaching staff who maybe need to make some hard decisions but also maybe need to organise things better.

2 things obviously need correcting and we'll be alright.

Chances need to be taken to put games to bed.

And the defence needs to stop conceding.

We look incapable of scoring to save our fucking lives at times and we look destined to concede in nearly every game we play.

I think the first one is simply down to the players learning not to panic, I think the second is down to the coaching staff who maybe need to make some hard decisions but also maybe need to organise things better.

It's not as simple as that. Suarez is greedy, and creative but he isn't a natural finisher. He can create a goal, score 1 or 2 but he's not the sort of player to the find the back of the net from a dodgy cross or pass.

The same goes for Carroll, we need (dare I say it) a Michael Owen, a Luis Garcia someone with the nack of getting into positions where they score.

Our £35 Million striker isn't that player and it's sticking out like a sore thumb.

Give it a rest. Hodgson was serving up home defeats to Wolves where we barely had a shot let alone a chance. As disappointing as today was we could have had 10.

And Hodgson was slaughtered because he had us in a relegation scrap in December! Dont even compare.

We have now played around 1/4 of our season.

I think its fair to compare if I`m honest, I cant see any reason as to why not, after all we have spent £100M just the last 9 months with kenny in charge so you should be allowed to expect some improvement.

Home games:

Hodgson: 10 6 2 2 20 points

Dalglish: 5 2 3 0 9 points

So in our next 5 games at home before the turn of the year we will have to win all our games to get more wins at home than we did in Hodgsons 10 home games in charge, thats not much of an improvement really.

Thats said, Hodgsons home record was decent enough, with actually only the mancs and Chelsea ahead of us.

If we compare this season with last we`ll find this after 9 games.

10/11:

1. Chelsea 9 7 1 1 25-2 22p

2. Arsenal 9 5 2 2 21-10 17p

3. Manchester United 9 4 5 0 20-12 17p

4. Manchester City 9 5 2 2 12-8 17p

5. Tottenham 9 4 3 2 11-8 15p

6. West Bromwich 9 4 3 2 13-15 15p

7. Sunderland 9 2 6 1 8-7 12p

8. Bolton 9 2 6 1 13-13 12p

9. Newcastle 9 3 2 4 14-13 11p

10. Aston Villa 9 3 2 4 9-13 11p

11/12:

1. Manchester City 8 7 1 0 27-6 22p

2. Manchester United 8 6 2 0 25-6 20p

3. Chelsea 8 6 1 1 20-9 19p

4. Newcastle 9 5 4 0 12-6 19p

5. Liverpool 9 4 3 2 12-10 15p

6. Tottenham 7 4 1 2 13-12 13p

7. Norwich 9 3 3 3 11-12 12p

8. Stoke 8 3 3 2 6-8 12p

9. Aston Villa 9 2 5 2 11-11 11p

10. West Bromwich 9 3 2 4 9-11 11p

As we can see Chelsea will most likely have the same amount of points as they did last season, while both the mancs have improved. Spurs will most likely have improved as well when they have catched up with their games and thats the reality we have to live with.

It will not just be enough to improve on what we did last season but we will have to improve quite a bit to get 4th as that now seems to be the best we can hope for as both mancs and Chelsea will be running away.

The same goes for Carroll, we need (dare I say it) a Michael Owen, a Luis Garcia someone with the nack of getting into positions where they score.

We kind of have one of those already in Maxi, who always looks good when we have a ton of possession. But he doesn't get a look in this season.

I think it's fair to say that no-one is perfect, and ending up with Kuyt wide left while chasing the game points to poor substitutions from Kenny.