You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we wish to play this way, we need CBs that play higher up, or a DM. Obviously the finishing needs to be better, but you cannot count on it the same way as you can count on keeping a clean sheet. With this line up we were always going to concede, the space between our midfield and defence was too easy for Norwich to use.

Not a good match overall, no use really to dwell on it. We still need to establish a style of our own, something we have not had since 2008-2009 season.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a combination of everything going wrong, Glen couldn't keep up with him and Carra seemed like a deer in headlights, then Pepe fucking nearly kills Carra and Glen. No one person to blame but definitely could have been avoided IMO.

I thought the cross was one of those which was perfect for their striker to attack - hard for our centre backs to defend and would have made Pepe look stupid had he did what he did or stayed in his goal.

Sometimes you just have to say good goal.

It looks avoidable, but I don't know who could have avoided it.

Yet again we create chances in abundance and can't score while the opposition score from their only real chance.

You lot calling for Kenny's head should be fucking ashamed.

And we did get shafted by the ref, and Fergusin's snide comments about Suarez being a diver defo worked.

I'm still not worried.

I dont like moan but that was the most pissed off ive been watching us for a while , i love Suarez to bits but he wastes so many good chances/situations its so fucking frustrating , though he is the least of our worries and thats the scary thing.

Taking Bellamy off instead of Downing and dumping Henderson on the right where we all know he is useless was an awful decision , i hate the square pegs in round holes shite just play players in their best positions , Hendersons is clearly in the middle , he done more against the Mancs in that cameo than hes done all season on the right.

Shit night now.

And we did get shafted by the ref, and Fergusin's snide comments about Suarez being a diver defo worked.

Definitely worked. Its ridiculous year in year out we see Ferguson make comments like this then the Refs just fall into line and do as he sees fit.

Now, to be clear, Peter Walton is not the reason we failed to win that game, not by a long fucking shot. But there was a few times Suarez was genuinely floored and Walton just point blank refused to do anything.

Since losing Raul we have ZERO creativity in the middle. Downing wastes any possession he gets, Adam is just shit, Gerrard still needs games. Bellars was our biggest threat, as much as I hate to say it, Suarez will not score enough goals for us. Top six if were lucky.

On a lighter note I've made an awesome fish pie which includes haddock, cod, salmon and shrimp. I've roughly quartered a couple of boiled eggs and thrown them in with the parsley sauce before covering in mashed spuds. I fucking win.

Smoked haddock or plain? Depends on the quality obviously, that bright yellow stuff would just overpower the whole thing, but the slight salty tang of natural, lightly smoked haddock would give a nice variety to the flavour.

Also, I hope some cheese has been either mingled with that mash or thrown over the top.

I'm having kedgeree tomorrow, I can hardly wait.

Pretty poor that. Kuyt once again was the opponents 12th man. He's a fucking liability and the least threatening attacker weve seen in a Liverpool shirt for many a year. Worse than playing with 10 men.

Gerrard not fully fit and playing well within himself. Ditto Johnson. Downing having some sort of crisis. Enrique indecisive. Reina punished for his continued poor decision making .

Defo room for improvement.

Some Facts LFC fan's have to accept:

1)Suarez is not a good finisher, he misses to many chances.

2)The team in general cannot finish (12 goals in 9 games)

3)Downing is limited: has pace but no trick and if you aren't playing Carroll, he supplies assists to who?

4)Adam's offering after 65 mins is limited, lacks fitness. Often plays for the foul when running with the ball, their goal was an example.

5)Bellamy offers more to the team than Downing.

6)Henderson and Carroll are not good enough now and i am not sure they ever will be.

Guest ShoePiss
On a lighter note I've made an awesome fish pie which includes haddock, cod, salmon and shrimp. I've roughly quartered a couple of boiled eggs and thrown them in with the parsley sauce before covering in mashed spuds. I fucking win.

Sounds good to me.

Here's my detailed, thoughtful analysis of the game :-

Charlie Adam is fucking shit

So is Andy Carroll.

The end.

Ngog's' I think mentioned our defence as the root problem in these ridiculous Home results of late and I agree. What's wrong with it that the Mancs and others can get a scrappy goal or two and beat the utter shite we've dropped points against recently? Simple - And I know it's been said before but the weak link in our defence now really needs to be bloody dropped!!! I think we all know who he is and appreciate him for how long he's been there but his attacks of the 'jitters' are now happening on a game by game basis, getting absolutely pathetic and giving others in the backline (notably Reina) the shakes as well - Illustrated perfectly by the farce of a goal we let in again tonight).

It's very simple the problem at the root of our bad(ish) results at home and the solution is an equally simple step though it might just be a massive one to take because although the individual in question has been out of the team before & always somehow managed to come back for whatever reasons? Something tells me that this will be very different - And this time? He won't be back - Either way it can't be delayed much longer - I suspect Kenny knows this and I wonder if tonight may just have been the straw that broke the camels back? We shall see soon enough - The formations for our next two games will be interesting to say the least but to conclude? It's not just On the field we're lacking ruthlessness right now - That needs to be addressed and I suspect? Soon will be. Anyway, I suspect number 23 may soon recieve the dreaded tap on the shoulder we all Know is coming and probably sooner now rather than later - Tonight just shows the decision can't be put off any longer and I believe now? It will not be. Either way? We shall see soon enough..........

I thought the cross was one of those which was perfect for their striker to attack - hard for our centre backs to defend and would have made Pepe look stupid had he did what he did or stayed in his goal.

Sometimes you just have to say good goal.

It looks avoidable, but I don't know who could have avoided it.

we were giving them too much time and space on the ball. I don't care if it's wes hoolahan or wayne rooney. any player given time and space will hurt you. hoolahan started finding space between our back four and midfield. it was him that picked up the ball and not one of our players within 10 ft of him. he played it wide, enrique didn't close down the cross quick enough, good cross in, holt gets the run on Gi Jo who jumps into him backwards, carra jumps to challenge, reina comes out and cleans him, holt heads into an empty net.

how could it have been avoided?

don't give hoolahan so much time on the ball

enrique close down the crosser quicker

GJ don't let Holt get the run on you

reina if you're coming get there quicker

carra how many fingers am I holding up?

no, one cos they've just fucking equalised again with their first real chance

Does it really need spelling out once more? We need a new centre back to partner Agger/Skrtel or even Kelly - We have such a man sitting just waiting his chance - Ergo just what should be done next? I think the answer's clear no? Does it need putting in black & white or 6 foot neon letters - We all know who was at fault tonight for not defending the cross once the full back allowed it to take place and whose mistakes have so given Reina the jitters in the last few weeks that he's nothing like the dominant figure of old in our goalmouth (nor will he be again until our defence is sorted) we have a problem, it needs sorting - we have the answer also in our ranks - Sentiment be damned, the next step is obvious...............

NB On another couple of notes? Have Spearing and Maxi vanished off the face of the earth? Feel the two of them - Especially Maxi with his fairly consistent proven finishing ability might just have made all the difference today and Spearing may have helped fight the inevitable "we're new boys, we're not keeling over" piece of crap surge that every promoted side has in the first half of the season and always in our games which inevitably leads to "herioc results/historic goals" usually against us althought they're so stunned at doing well at the Manc's dump such sides nearly always miss such chances there - Witness the other week.

Anyway I think Kenny missed a couple of tricks by leaving out those two today and maybe Carroll on earlier might just have caused havoc to - Certainly it would have messed with the head of a ref' who was allowing their big bullying centreforward virtual carte blanche and giving Lil' Luis nothing (not a surprise after last week and shows despite the FA's pathetic protestations otherwise whose words are really listened to in football right now). Anyway - Said sad excuse for a ref' could hardly have given Norwich's forward/clogger everything then? About faced and given Andy nothing had he been on for ages today could he? Not without virtually wearing a Manc' shirt and proving what we all suspect anyway - Shame Kenny never tested that by putting Andy on from the start.................

Edited by Redshadow