You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hot and Sour Soup and an extra hot curry.

Gets all the fucking shite off your chest and clears the throat and eases it. Should be available on the NHS when you're feeling like shite.

When they find an official cure for the flu it would not surprise me if it consisted of curry and hot and sour soup elements.

Yeah Guys, that's what all the scientists recommend. Crazy fools bar half of Zig's post, , lifetimefan and Pheonix.

I recommend digging footings for an extension. Had the flu the other week and had to work as I'm no longer entitled to sick pay as I don't work for the man anymore, 8 hours digging enabled me to sweat all that shite out of me.

Get out of bed girls.

Guest davelfc
Prevention not cure for me..... Extra vitamin c tablets every morning

I've rambled on here before about Vitamin D, you get small amounts from food but manly from the sun. It's noted that flu season starts all over the world when the days shorten and sun levels are low, people are wrapping up from the cold etc.

I've taken it every day now for quite a while now and not had a cold or the flu. I up the dose in flu season and if I start to feel something I increase the dose.

There's plenty of research come out recently to show taking vitamin d3 supplements can help not only stop you getting it but also be useful for those who have it, in that it can lessen the affects and length of time you have it.

I hope it stays a little known remedy as the prices will shoot up otherwise.

Yeah Guys, that's what all the scientists recommend. Crazy fools bar half of Zig's post, , lifetimefan and Pheonix.

I recommend digging footings for an extension. Had the flu the other week and had to work as I'm no longer entitled to sick pay as I don't work for the man anymore, 8 hours digging enabled me to sweat all that shite out of me.

Get out of bed girls.

Does this mean you'd still be bunged up if you'd found that spade?

• 1 year later...
Guest davelfc

New process to make one-way flu vaccine discovered

A new process to make a one-time, universal influenza vaccine has been discovered by a researcher at Georgia State University's Center for Inflammation, Immunity and Infection and his partners.

Associate Professor Sang-Moo Kang and his collaborators have found a way to make the one-time vaccine by using recombinant genetic engineering technology that does not use a seasonal virus.

Instead, the new vaccine uses a virus' small fragment that does not vary among the different strains of flu viruses.

By using the fragment and generating particles mimicking a virus in structure, the immune system can learn to recognize any type of flu virus and attack the pathogen, preventing illness.

"We can now design a vaccine that makes it easier to induce a good immune system response to recognize a pathogen, regardless of how the surface proteins of the virus change," Kang said.

As if they'd ever genuinely release cures for cold and flu. Imagine how much of GlaxoSmithKline's profit would be wiped out if noone needed to buy their 'symptomtic relief' remedies

You sound like one of those mad conspiracy theorists Paulie, who think drug companies have long known a cure for the common cold/flu and have not released it so as not to affect their multi billion dollar industry.

You cynical fucker you.

• 1 year later...