You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A serious allegation - that will get ignored.

Pidge

Wading through the comments on youtube and it appears that the old guy was getting removed for standing.

They say that he got a bit of treatment and was up walking about and talking before he was removed from the stadium at half time.

Typical cunts trick, in a ground full of people standing, pick on an old man.

An aging blue in 109 who refused to sit whilst those around him and the away fans stood. Showsec picked him out as their let's-make-an-example-for-the-day (they do this every week) and then called for the police. The bloke in question sat down before the police went to his seat, even with those around him still standing. They went and spoke to him, and, whilst he was sitting down, told them he hadn't done anything wrong. The GMP seized an opportunity, or at least they thought they did, when Balotelli scored to try and manhandle him out of the ground. I didn't see how the man ended up on the floor but he can clearly be heard in the video saying he takes tablets for a heart problem before they took him out and at no point did I see him forcibly resist. Their treatment of him was disgraceful and that's not all. When the GMP waded into the crowd people were getting elbowed out of the way or knocked over, myself and a kid no older than seven included! Completely out of order and an exemplar for any aspiring stewards or policemen and women in how not to defuse a situation. There's also reports of Showsec stewards lashing out at fans. I did not see these events however but the above description is my eye witness account and I would swear to it in court.

From the video uploader.

Disgraceful

It doesn't really matter what the away fans are doing. If there is a lot of home fans standing in that area they will try their best to tell them to sit down.

It's the same with the back of the Kop. The back of the Kop stand up, all we've got to do is hand out a few polite notices via the tannoy and we've done our part. If you're in an area where there are only one or two people standing up you tell them to sit down.

If this man was amongst a crowd of say 50+ then he shouldn't have been made an example of. It's hard to establish the full facts but if it was a case of persistent standing.

1. They made an example of him which is wrong

2. They should have waited for a break in play

3. Then they should have called him down into the concourse and explained the situation and given him a warning.

The problem with a lot of these private security firms is that their training isn't actually in football, it's in a general crowd safety/management NVQ. For example all of LFC's stewards are employed by the football club. The majority of other clubs stewards come from agencies who manage events such as concerts, and arenas and although it's the same qualification. It's a different kettle of fish stewarding a football match as opposed to a Justin Bieber concert or some shit. This seems the case with Showsec.

That's not to say these stewards have not received football scenario training, but it's quite clear had they done so this action would not have been taken.

You only get the Police involved if there is a danger to you, or other people. You also only get the police involved if there is an actual criminal offence taking place. They are there to assist you, not to control the event the stewards control the event.

You simply do not go in especially after a goal has been scored with the police and man handle someone who seemingly didn't even get a warning, you certainly don't get the police. It looks like it's a classic example of making an example of someone. I'm surprised the police didn't tell the steward to fuck off.

It's odd because people say the exact same thing about festival security when some reprobate in a jacket throws his weight around with a few kids away from home for the first time. What is the training for if not teaching them they have responsibility, not power and are there for protection, not control. I know it's not a universal trait but you do come across more than a few power-tripping rentacops in private security firms.

A few years ago Torquay used a Plymouth-based firm to oversee the Popside terrace... it was a disaster week in, week out (plenty of examples being made and dangerous in that they would overpack sections of terrace in their question to punish anyone who stepped on the pathway). One of the stupidest and borderline dangerous decisions they could have made to save a few quid. It still took three years for the board to change up though.

It's odd because people say the exact same thing about festival security when some reprobate in a jacket throws his weight around with a few kids away from home for the first time. What is the training for if not teaching them they have responsibility, not power and are there for protection, not control. I know it's not a universal trait but you do come across more than a few power-tripping rentacops in private security firms.

A few years ago Torquay used a Plymouth-based firm to oversee the Popside terrace... it was a disaster week in, week out. One of the stupidest and borderline dangerous decisions they could have made to save a few quid. It still took three years for the board to change up though.

There are ways and means. At the end of the day stewards are there to do a job and act out the laws and regulations set out by the ground safety certificate. If we don't do that we're out of a job.

Now I'm reluctant to say much more because we just don' know the full facts of the case. I can't think however of any situation unless it was racism, assault or anything like that which may warrant said behavior from the police and stewards.

Inept twats. No idea on how to manage crowds at all.

Remember seeing some serious shit go down in that same section when we won 3-2 a few years back when Kuyt scored in the last. There was 2 liverpool fans on the front row who I could see had jumped up when Torres scored to make it 2-1 down. They started getting some shit but then these stewards turned up and marched them all the way up the steps back into the city fans baying for blood behind them. They must have got hammered by about 20 city fans on the aisle. Common sense would have been to march them out a side exit or along the front as they were on the front row to avoid the absolute leathering they must have taken going back up the steps to an exit behind them. Its just fucking basics but as they say common sense - its the least common of all senses, especially at eastlands.

One day people will understand what "all seater stadium" means.

Until then things like this will happen.

People know what it means, the seat behind you as your stood is a huge give away. Football is a sport to be watched stood up. Go watch a game at the park, a few mums will bring seats, the vast majority will be stood, the vast majority of whom would still be stood if seating was available. Don't be a smart arse with the political correctness. People want to stand watching football, what scumbags!

People know what it means, the seat behind you as your stood is a huge give away. Football is a sport to be watched stood up. Go watch a game at the park, a few mums will bring seats, the vast majority will be stood, the vast majority of whom would still be stood if seating was available. Don't be a smart arse with the political correctness. People want to stand watching football, what scumbags!

The problem with it is, is that lately it's become so hard to enforce. Lets take for example the back of the Main Stand. People stand there but we tell them to sit down, their retort is always 'Well the away fans and the back of the Kop do it'.

It's so much easier to quash the standing in pockets as opposed to small groups.

I don't sing when I'm sat down, just like I don't watch gigs sat down. It just doesn't feel right to me. I know some people behind me may struggle to see, but if it's an issue I will try and accomodate them as much as possible, I'm a reasonable person, not a baying mong. I sit down when in a seated section at games in general, but still I can't help jumping to my feet when something happens and I struggle to see how some people don't.

Even watching at home I spend a certain amount of the match standing up.

But then, some people think we should be sat with a picnic and a pair of these:

001375_01.jpg

Been policing football matches when i was in Notts Force....you will get some arsehole stewards who think that they are the hardest twat alive until someone stands up to them, then they call the Police in and say that the said person is refusing to leave and is swearing and all that guff, usually we moved them to another stand as we knew what some Stewards were like