You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Boston red sox anyone?

Oh and by the way I only said if he was found guilty with evidence and if that is the case I think you will find they will sell him.

They would be left with little choice if theres concrete evidance.

What rubbish. From all the reports suarez has addmitted using a word that they use in his country, which is not considered racist over there but is here.

The club will have known this before they backed their man. Theres been no evidence, if the ref had heard anything at the game suarez would have been shown a red. If their was evidence this would have been sorted weeks ago.

The victim waited until he was with his manager before he made the accusation, Why did fergie and evra not go and have a word with suarez and kenny to hear suarez side and if suarez did not back down then they should have went to the ref to take it further.

My view is that fergie is behind this, he wants to destroy suarez and Liverpool. What better way to do it than use racism.

Suarez was honest to admit he did use the word, he could have lied as their was no evidence. How can you destory a mans reputation on a thing like this.

Hope the club take this all the way to the highest court possible.

What rubbish. From all the reports suarez has addmitted using a word that they use in his country, which is not considered racist over there but is here.

The club will have known this before they backed their man. Theres been no evidence, if the ref had heard anything at the game suarez would have been shown a red. If their was evidence this would have been sorted weeks ago.

The victim waited until he was with his manager before he made the accusation, Why did fergie and evra not go and have a word with suarez and kenny to hear suarez side and if suarez did not back down then they should have went to the ref to take it further.

My view is that fergie is behind this, he wants to destroy suarez and Liverpool. What better way to do it than use racism.

Suarez was honest to admit he did use the word, he could have lied as their was no evidence. How can you destory a mans reputation on a thing like this.

I think that you are wrong to assume that we have all the relevant facts.

I think that you are right to query the process by which we have arrived at this point.

LFC have signed up to a process by which we are bound by the FA's decision, subject to appeal.

I think that you are wrong to assume that we have all the relevant facts.

I think that you are right to query the process by which we have arrived at this point.

LFC have signed up to a process by which we are bound by the FA's decision, subject to appeal.

Understand what your saying, In my view there is no evidence apart from suarez saying he used that word which is used in his country.

I also think that the club does know the facts.

Guest San Don
The devil is in the detail here, San Don. Found guilty of what?

What happened when Evra and Whiskeynose went to see Mariner after the game? What did he see, and what did he hear? That evidence will be key.

I think that the likelihood of Evra being found guilty of racial abuse is small because of linguistic ambiguity, (and therefore intent) and the consequences of a guilty verdict for the FA. Guilty of abusive words, insulting behaviour? It depends what the witnesses say, but that is a low grade offence.

Appealing the constitution of the committee is futile – we signed up to the rules. Speculating on the basis for an appeal on an adjudication that has not yet been made is unwise.

It is always wise to seek judgement on a case on the basis of its specific merits. If you have to resort to discrediting the complainant it can backfire as reflecting poorly on the case for the defence.

Read my post again but carefully this time. Read what the charge is in quotes. As I said, the wording of the charge is such that Suarez only has to have used 'insulting words and \ or behaviour' to evra.'

That is one charge proven if he said anything like 'fuck off you twat.' The charge then goes on that Suarez racially abused evra ie a second chargable event.

By his own admission Suarez has said he called evra 'negrito' and claims its not offensive in Uraguay. That may well be the case but the panel arent looking at an incident in Uraguay or anywhere else for that matter hence why I believe Suarez will be found guilty of what is after all, a jumped up charge (like wtf didnt evra say something during the game?)

Right go back to after the match had ended and this came out.

"The FA have this evening been made aware of an incident that is alleged to have occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield today," the statement said. "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and reported this to the FA. The FA will now begin making inquiries into the matter."

In the match report to the FA......

Evra's complaints have been included in Marriner's match report but the referee has also informed the FA that the first he knew of it was after the match. The two players could be seen exchanging words at various points of the second half but it may count against Evra that he did not raise the alleged offence with Marriner during the game.

This is what Liverpool said about the matter.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "The first we knew about these allegations was 20 minutes after the final whistle when the manager was asked to go into the referee's office and told about them. The first thing we did, as you would expect, is ask the player and he has categorically denied using any language of that nature."

Go back to 17 Oct and Ferguson said this..

"We spoke to Patrice today and he's adamant that he wants to follow it on. It's not an easy one because everyone knows that United and Liverpool have great responsibilities in terms of what happens on the field. Obviously Patrice feels very aggrieved at what was said to him and it rests with the FA now"

28th Oct Kenny said this...

We would rather have it done and dusted, out in the open. Whoever is the guilty party – the person who said it or the accuser – [should] get their due punishment"

8th Nov this is 8 days before the FA said about the charge Luis said this..

The FA will have to clarify things. There is no evidence I said anything racist to him. I said nothing of the sort. There were two parts of the discussion, one in Spanish, one in English. I did not insult him. It was just a way of expressing myself. I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him, and even they were surprised by his reaction"

Now go back to the refs statement on them matter to the FA and the ref saying he knew nothing of the matter till after the game.

Basically it should of been reported in the game to the ref and it wasnt.

On that basis, Evra will almost certainly need back-up statements from his United team-mates if the FA is to decide there is evidence to make a case against Suárez. United would not say if there were witnesses to Evra's allegations but, without them, the authorities may decide it is a case of one man's word against another.

Then on the 16th november this came out.

This is off the FA website.

FA charge Luis Suarez

Wednesday, 16 November, 2011

Liverpool player charged following incident in Liverpool–Manchester United match.

The FA has today charged Liverpool’s Luis Suarez following an incident that occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield on 15 October 2011.

It is alleged that Suarez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United’s Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules.

It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra.

The FA will issue no further comment at this time.

In other words the month they spent looking into the incident they found enough evidence to charge him,and they called him in to answer the charge.

Which takes us to were we up to now awaiting a verdict on how the 3 man panel have viewed Luis version of the charges they have made.

It should be also be noted that both clubs and players will be notified to there conclusion of the charge at least 24 hours before the FA release the verdict to the media.

So it appears the ref heard nothing in the game.

In answer to the Liverpool would of known it wasnt a racist word in his country before backing him,It appears with how quick we backed him as in after a quick word with him,that he had not said he called him anything(this can be sort of backed up by Kennys statement on oct 28th with still no mention of Luis calling him anything at this point).

That is basically what has happend,so to say utter rubbish I would disagree totally with you.

Its a nightmare situation for Suarez and the club and with Suarez admitting calling him something(which i would presume is the alleged racist remark)

this has basically taken any chance of Evra being charged over any of this unless there is evidence of him using abusive/racist language in the game.

I cant help but feel it was Luis saying what he did on nov 8th on the matter has caused the most damage in all of this.

Sorry can I just add that by what the FA said then there is only one incident of something racist being said.

Another thing is wit h Suarez saying what he did on nov 8th then the FA surely would of looked into the use of the word in Luis home country before there 16th charge statememnt.

Edited by SCOUSE TAPAS

Right go back to after the match had ended and this came out.

"The FA have this evening been made aware of an incident that is alleged to have occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield today," the statement said. "Referee Andre Marriner was made aware of an allegation at the end of the fixture and reported this to the FA. The FA will now begin making inquiries into the matter."

In the match report to the FA......

Evra's complaints have been included in Marriner's match report but the referee has also informed the FA that the first he knew of it was after the match. The two players could be seen exchanging words at various points of the second half but it may count against Evra that he did not raise the alleged offence with Marriner during the game.

This is what Liverpool said about the matter.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "The first we knew about these allegations was 20 minutes after the final whistle when the manager was asked to go into the referee's office and told about them. The first thing we did, as you would expect, is ask the player and he has categorically denied using any language of that nature."

Go back to 17 Oct and Ferguson said this..

"We spoke to Patrice today and he's adamant that he wants to follow it on. It's not an easy one because everyone knows that United and Liverpool have great responsibilities in terms of what happens on the field. Obviously Patrice feels very aggrieved at what was said to him and it rests with the FA now"

28th Oct Kenny said this...

We would rather have it done and dusted, out in the open. Whoever is the guilty party – the person who said it or the accuser – [should] get their due punishment"

8th Nov this is 8 days before the FA said about the charge Luis said this..

The FA will have to clarify things. There is no evidence I said anything racist to him. I said nothing of the sort. There were two parts of the discussion, one in Spanish, one in English. I did not insult him. It was just a way of expressing myself. I called him something his team-mates at Manchester call him, and even they were surprised by his reaction"

Now go back to the refs statement on them matter to the FA and the ref saying he knew nothing of the matter till after the game.

Basically it should of been reported in the game to the ref and it wasnt.

On that basis, Evra will almost certainly need back-up statements from his United team-mates if the FA is to decide there is evidence to make a case against Suárez. United would not say if there were witnesses to Evra's allegations but, without them, the authorities may decide it is a case of one man's word against another.

Then on the 16th november this came out.

This is off the FA website.

FA charge Luis Suarez

Wednesday, 16 November, 2011

Liverpool player charged following incident in Liverpool–Manchester United match.

The FA has today charged Liverpool’s Luis Suarez following an incident that occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield on 15 October 2011.

It is alleged that Suarez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United’s Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules.

It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra.

The FA will issue no further comment at this time.

In other words the month they spent looking into the incident they found enough evidence to charge him,and they called him in to answer the charge.

Which takes us to were we up to now awaiting a verdict on how the 3 man panel have viewed Luis version of the charges they have made.

It should be also be noted that both clubs and players will be notified to there conclusion of the charge at least 24 hours before the FA release the verdict to the media.

So it appears the ref heard nothing in the game.

In answer to the Liverpool would of known it wasnt a racist word in his country before backing him,It appears with how quick we backed him as in after a quick word with him,that he had not said he called him anything(this can be sort of backed up by Kennys statement on oct 28th with still no mention of Luis calling him anything at this point).

That is basically what has happend,so to say utter rubbish I would disagree totally with you.

Its a nightmare situation for Suarez and the club and with Suarez admitting calling him something(which i would presume is the alleged racist remark)

this has basically taken any chance of Evra being charged over any of this unless there is evidence of him using abusive/racist language in the game.

I cant help but feel it was Luis saying what he did on nov 8th on the matter has caused the most damage in all of this.

Sorry can I just add that by what the FA said then there is only one incident of something racist being said.

Another thing is wit h Suarez saying what he did on nov 8th then the FA surely would of looked into the use of the word in Luis home country before there 16th charge statememnt.

They are going to find suarez guility as the charges cover basically anything...so if its not racism it will be for offending evra etc... They must have already decided that when they charged him.

Still believe this is being driven by united, I think the FA would have let it go..as there's fuck all evidence...but united must be saying they are going to do this etc if the FA don't do anything.

This should have been settled after the game with both managers, and both players. Never needed fergie too hold evra's hand and take him too the ref.

This

Hold on a fucking minute Negro isn't a racist word...don't black fuckers prefare to be called that since thats what they are.Negro's have been calling each other a lot worse in all fairnesss and suarez isn't exactly casper the friendly fucking ghost is he.

If he does get banned,if he dosnt one thing is clear.

Evra will still be black,but he will be a cheat,a liar with no integrity.

Kurt angle would be ashamed

Hold on a fucking minute Negro isn't a racist word...don't black fuckers prefare to be called that since thats what they are.Negro's have been calling each other a lot worse in all fairnesss and suarez isn't exactly casper the friendly fucking ghost is he.

If he does get banned,if he dosnt one thing is clear.

Evra will still be black,but he will be a cheat,a liar with no integrity.

Kurt angle would be ashamed

Depends on the context I suppose. It's like a black rapper using the N word, be it in a friendly manner such as

"Dat brutha's my nigga." - "That fellow is a good friend."

or when they have a 'beef' with one another and say things like

"I'm-a pop a cap in dat nigga's ass!" - "That fellow irks me somewhat!"

A non-black person using the word 'negro' could easily be deemed offensive depending on where you are. 'Nigger' is a definite no-no because it is almost always a negative term. A white person using 'nigga' is just trying to be black.

[YOUTUBE]paw_2EJBzFs[/YOUTUBE]

Why do people think there is a chance Evra will be punished as a result of this hearing? He hasn't been charged with anything.

If it is true that he said to Mariner that he was only booking him because he was black...the he is indirectly accusing the official of being a racist. He should be charged at least with bringing the game into disrepute.

The FA might not have wanted to dilute/distract from the Suarez case by charging Evra separately, it could also prejudice the current case, and wait for it to be discussed and confirmed by Evra before crating a separate charge.

Also, if Evra admits that his statement about ' he said it 10 times' was bollock and admits it was only the occasion Suarez admits to then again he could face a separate charge, etc.