You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

The really worrying thing which nobody seems to of mentioned is,if he is found guilty with proof then hes out of here.

John Henry will almost certainly want rid of him.

Yeah get rid of our best player due to the corrupt and incompetent FA.

Kiss any chance of 4th goodbye if we lose Suarez.

The really worrying thing which nobody seems to of mentioned is,if he is found guilty with proof then hes out of here.

Actually I'm glad you mentioned it because that is my worry, far more than any potential ban. A guilty verdict and worse a verdict with supporting evidence puts the club in a difficult position. I'm pretty sure if Suarez forms the impression that the club isn't supporting him after the verdict he'll be off. Our club on the other hand quite correctly cannot be seen to be condoning racism.

Yeah get rid of our best player due to the corrupt and incompetent FA.

Kiss any chance of 4th goodbye if we lose Suarez.

Well if I not mistaken John Henry has come out backing Luis over this.

This is one of the main reasons I am convinced of his innocence.

Because if found guilty he would have to let him go because it would reflect badly on John Henry and buissnes he is involved in.

Thats why I found it odd if he did back him.

Also this delay in the verdict can only mean its something drastic in what conclusion they have reached and the delay is for them to make sure the announcement is properly thought out before release IMO.

Actually I'm glad you mentioned it because that is my worry, far more than any potential ban. A guilty verdict and worse a verdict with supporting evidence puts the club in a difficult position. I'm pretty sure if Suarez forms the impression that the club isn't supporting him after the verdict he'll be off. Our club on the other hand quite correctly cannot be seen to be condoning racism.

I think there's a decent chance that Suarez decides to leave for Spain in the summer because not only will the FA and its officials refuse to ever give him an inch, a large contingent of the British public will always be gunning for him - they've been told what to think, and they're thinking it because, with respect, intellect and independent thought are not especially important qualities in a country where unprecedented xenophobia and pack thinking rule the roost. So to that end, I could see him deciding that it's not worth the bother.

However, I find it unlikely that John Henry will bomb him out the door. He'll know that Kenny is convinced of his innocence, he'll know that he wouldn't want to get rid of the squad's best attacking player over what would be seen as a harsh punishment delivered by an incompetent FA. I suspect he'll also know that Kenny would likely resign if he started having his players kicked out from underneath him like that, and, frankly, that there would be no going back for a Liverpool owner unless he instantly pulled Messi and Xavi out of the hat. Even then a strong distrust would remain.

Essentially, John Henry didn't get to where he is by making ludicrous knee-jerk decisions, and I don't imagine he'll start now.

Bollocks. Get a fucking grip. The case is weak and why on earth would he want us to get rid of one of our best players.

Bollocks. Get a fucking grip. The case is weak and why on earth would he want us to get rid of one of our best players.

Well if you dont why he would probably sell him then god help you.

Maybe this will help you.

Too much resting on Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra case for judgment to be rushed

Reputations are at stake. Livelihoods could be on the line. That’s why the Suárez-Evra case has gone into extra time. That’s why the three wise men on the independent regulatory panel are right to take as long as they require.

By Henry Winter

11:00PM GMT 16 Dec 2011

[/url]

Justice has its own clock, the hands turning at a speed that best serves the evenhanded application of law, not satisfying the clubs or those of us obsessed with headlines and deadlines.

Those sitting in judgment on Luis Suárez, and effectively Patrice Evra, are not the type to hurry matters. Paul Goulding is a QC who has worked on many time-consuming cases, Brian Jones is an experienced county FA man, while Denis Smith is a veteran football figure. They will march to their own pace, nobody else’s.

Good. This case is so complex, involving Suárez’s argument of “cultural differences” in explaining his exchange with Evra, that the more extended deliberation the better. If Suárez is found guilty of racism, his reputation will be shredded. None of the ear-biting, handballing, giving-fans-the-finger previous will have anything on this furore.

Racism is a curse in society that needs exorcising and the FA would relish the opportunity to make a point. It would also be difficult to see how Suárez could continue at Liverpool if guilty. So much is at risk. Some believe the delay means merely the commission simply debates the length of punishment for Suárez. But would he meekly accept a short ban anyway? The stigma of being judged a racist would remain.

And this is the modern world. With club lawyers crawling all over this, Goulding’s commission will know that any ruling must be watertight. Because Suárez will appeal. Liverpool will appeal. The panel must be prepared for every eventuality.

Although not charged, Evra also finds his reputation in the dock. He is a distinguished French international, an occasional Manchester United captain, and his honesty is being scrutinised. Evra deserves that the commission takes its time.

And this is not simply about two individuals. Liverpool, a club committed to diversity campaigns, would be deeply embarrassed if one of their best players were labelled a racist and sent into Purdah.

United would not want the fallout of one of their professionals being called a liar. Whatever the outcome, the clubs need some private meetings to address the bile between fans over Suárez-Evra and other skirmish-points.

Friday night’s 36-word FA statement declared “no announcement on any decision” would come before Tuesday “at the earliest”. Those who have spent long enough around the FA during disciplinary cases, and you need a good book to wile away the waiting hours (Tolstoy or Tolkien usually suffices), will know the judgment is often released early to clubs to prepare public responses.

Even if the clubs are informed on Monday, Goulding, Jones and Smith will have spent almost five days reflecting on the complexities, emotions and high stakes of the case. Quite right.

Too much resting on Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra case for judgment to be rushed - Telegraph

Who cares about what that pompous twat Winter has to say? It's not like he killed someone. If this case ends with Suarez leaving the club then I'm done with football, because that would be fucked up beyond reason. The mass hysteria around this subject is so ridiculous that if someone is getting severely punished for saying something in the heat of action I'd be depressed to see that kind of outcome.

The FA has screwed up this case so badly and dragged it out so much they now probably can't find a suitable way to get out of it.

I just can not see how he can be found guilty?

The word he used is spanish and he insists it was not made in a racist manner. if Evra said something like '...you South American' you can easily rationalise that as racisim as much as this word (unless racism is now all about words that sound similar to words that can't be used and fuck the intention).

Suarez can bring endless people to testify that he is far from being a racist and work he has done on 'anti-racisim.'

Evra's '10 times' doesn't stand up because he never notified anybody of his 'hurt'

If what is reported that he said to the referee he clearly has a chip on his shoulder and at the very least made a serious insinuation.

The FA have already stated in a previous case that ' his evidence was unrelaible'

I was speaking to a french lad in work and he said (without prompting) that Evra is an arsehole i.e. he has form.

and there is much more - can not see for the life of me how the FA will find him guilty??

So if Suarez is found guilty in telling someone a negro he has to leave the club.

Fuckin pathetic clowns with no real understanding of what racism actually is.

Its disturbing that people like this actually are allowed to breath never mind be a journalist.

Winter's article echoed my earlier comments regarding how tricky this is for the FA.

The irony is that some behind scenes diplomacy is going to be required here- which is exactly what was probably required before we got to this point.

Whatever the outcome, the chances of Suarez leaving on the back of this, for whatever reason, are zero.

Ah, Sebastian. You surface at last to take a winter breakfast of tea, scones, and deliciously pureed bullshit on crisp fingers of toast. A small, but adequate plate of egg and dipping soldiers sits before dear Aloysius.

It seems though, Sebastian, that you have already decided on the South American's guilt.

Racism is a curse in society that needs exorcising and the FA would relish the opportunity to make a point. It would also be difficult to see how Suárez could continue at Liverpool if guilty. So much is at risk. Some believe the delay means merely the commission simply debates the length of punishment for Suárez. But would he meekly accept a short ban anyway? The stigma of being judged a racist would remain.

And this is the modern world. With club lawyers crawling all over this, Goulding’s commission will know that any ruling must be watertight. Because Suárez will appeal. Liverpool will appeal. The panel must be prepared for every eventuality.

No doubt you feel that this one is a little upstart, born to serve those in higher, better-educated positions such as yourself when you visit that hot, adventurous region. And here he is, blazing a trail across the green and pleasant football fields of England, daring to seek the admiration of all knowledgeable fans of the game. No, that will not do at all, will it Sebastian?

And so you sit in the orangery, sipping Earl Grey and gazing across the cold desolation of garden, and you wonder awhile at how you and dear Patrick might bring about the removal of the South American from these shores.

But the thing is though, that from what we have heard, in our view he did nothing of the sort... What a manc loving SOB in a manc loving FA committee decides is beyond the point... They can fuck off with this sensationalism shit, and rather punish Evra for his "outrageous" lies and overexaggerations......

No matter happens in this farce, Suarez and Liverpool can hold their heads high! To me it's the mancs who have stooped to a new record low....

I really do hope we take this to the civil courts if he is found guilty, and embarrass the FA and Evra there.....

I recall the time when Stan Collymore, then a Villa player, accused Steve Harkness of racially abusing him during a game. Like the current situation with Suarez, there were no corroborating statements from witnesses and no audio/video evidence to prove the case.

Gordon Taylor, the PFA 'chief', brought the two players together and attempted to bring about a reconciliation between the parties. It wasn't an entirely successful procedure - Collymore still insisting he was abused while Harkness still maintained his innocence - but the case was put to bed. I don't recall the FA taking any measures but I may be wrong.

Just wondering if Gordon Taylor has made any statement regarding the current fiasco or has he offered to arbitrate in the matter. Or has the little twat just kept silent and allowed one of his organization's members to be sacrificed merely to appease the Great Drunken Cunt God of the Milltown?

Winter's article echoed my earlier comments regarding how tricky this is for the FA.

The irony is that some behind scenes diplomacy is going to be required here- which is exactly what was probably required before we got to this point.

Whatever the outcome, the chances of Suarez leaving on the back of this, for whatever reason, are zero.

If he is found guilty wit h enough supporting evidence he will go.

Do you really think that any sponsor would come within a 100 feet of the club?

We would be seen seen as a club supporting a racist player.

We would be the proverbial outcast in football and there is noway at all that will be allowed to happen.

Thats without even going into the effect it would have on Fenways standing.

People who think we would keep hold of him if he is found with enough evidence against him really need to see the bigger picture over this.

If he is found guilty wit h enough supporting evidence he will go.

Do you really think that any sponsor would come within a 100 feet of the club?.

He won't go. And the sponsors will continue to sponsor the club. The fact the LFC is a world-wide brand is of much greater significance to them.

He won't go. And the sponsors will continue to sponsor the club. The fact the LFC is a world-wide brand is of much greater significance to them.

Well I think totally different to the way you do over how racism is seen.

A worldwide brand yes we are,you add worldwide brand who is supporting a proven racist player changes the way the club is viewed.

The red sox when they took them over was seen as a pretty racist club,or more Boston and one of the first things they done was to get involved in the area to change how the club was seen.

To be honest as it stands at the moment nobody has the slightest clue at all over what evidence has been provided.

I believe he has been naive and taken the wrong way,but I and nobody else here knows exactly the truth over it.

Evra has previous over stuff like this which throws a cloud over what he said,but on the other hand Ferguson is not a idiot and he would no what it would mean if Evra was found lying again.

There s nothing known over what players if any heard what went on or didnt go on.

He has admitted saying it once but how do we actually know that in truth?

There was enough for the FA to call him to answer the charge.

What, exactly?

He'll have to leave it another three years before he does it again?

He has been found lying is it two times now over claims like this? the last time he was handed a four match ban.

With the publicity this charge has generated I would suspect he would have no option but to let him go.

Thats just my opinion on it and by a remark he made about who is found to be the guilty party in this,it will be the clubs priority to deal with the player in the proper fashion,or words to that effect.

Like I said nobody knows what has gone on and maybe Ferguson has just been a cunt knowing that whatever the outcome is Suarez will be marked with the claims made.

Theres also the chance if the ref did hear it being said and Ferguson knew that,it also offers him the get out clause with Evra which he has now anyway with Suarez admitting he said once.

That would remove alot of damage it would cause Evra because it has been admitted to even if it taken the wrong way.

Edited by SCOUSE TAPAS
added bottom part

If he is found guilty with enough supporting evidence he will go.Do you really think that any sponsor would come within a 100 feet of the club?We would be seen seen as a club supporting a racist player.We would be the proverbial outcast in football and there is noway at all that will be allowed to happen.Thats without even going into the effect it would have on Fenways standing.People who think we would keep hold of him if he is found with enough evidence against him really need to see the bigger picture over this.

That's a big IF.

The linguistic mitigation and an apology would neuter any downside with the club, sponsors and Fenway.

The "nuclear" scenario you suggest, a guilty verdict on an unrepentant slobbering bigot, isn't going to happen.

The Mancs are not paying nearly as much attention to this as we are, nor is the football world in general. It is the Terry incident which is the cause celebre, with clear circulated video evidence, a police complaint and no linguistic defence.

I continue to believe that some of the adverse speculation has been hysterical. Dennis Smith is a solid, no nonsense, football man, Paul Goulding a streetwise QC who will be well aware of the bear traps which await. This is a far bigger problem for the FA than it is for Suarez and LFC.

Guest davelfc

Here's my guess.

It's a cultural misunderstanding between two players. One player has highly exaggerated the situation, causing the problem. from what we hear he's used terms that Suarez could have exaggerated out of proportion and made a counter claim himself.

There's nothing here that should end a players career or stigmatise him as a racist for the rest of his life, nothing!

So I think common sense might prevail here and the FA just might surprise us all with a sensible solution. What that is, well they have four days to work that out, it's not like they've ever done sensible before so it's all new to them.