You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

I can see 2 scenarios here.

1. They cant reach a verdict because the panel are at odds on a decision. The longer this goes on the better I'd say it is for Suarez. The longer it takes a jury to deliberate usually means there isn't enough to convict and normally favours the accused. Either you are stonewall guilty or there is flaws in the case which means they simply cant decide either way.

2. They have him guilty in which case the news is massive. They will have PR guys working over the next few days working out the best way to release the story and break the news to the public so as to ensure the "message" they want to send around the world is communicated in the right way.

3.They want to stay in a hotel, get rat arsed., get some hookers in and then claim expenses

Not just us. I doubt the sponsors or TV companies would be happy, and the FA would look a bit daft.

I'd be ok with it if we did that.

Fuck that.

Everyone took the piss put of the mancs when they pulled out in 2000.

We want to win trophies. We would be cutting our nose off to spite our face if we pulled out.

Guest davelfc

So we take our ball home if the decision doesn't go our way?

Thank god we have Kenny in charge, if necessary we will appeal a decision if we disgree, what we would never do is threaten/blackmail the FA or run off like a stroppy child if something doesn't suit us.

What are we, the mancs?

So we take our ball home if the decision doesn't go our way?

Thank god we have Kenny in charge, if necessary we will appeal a decision if we disgree, what we would never do is threaten/blackmail the FA if something doesn't suit us.

What are we, the mancs?

We are getting the piss taken out of us, how many times do we roll over and let the powers that be fuck us royally up the arse, cause thats what seems to happen everytime.

Guest davelfc
We are getting the piss taken out of us, how many times do we roll over and let the powers that be fuck us royally up the arse, cause thats what seems to happen everytime.

The paranoia level here is off the chart. The FA are fucking stupid, inept bastards. But you get where you want to be with them by using their rules against themselves.

I have great faith in Kenny's abilities more than some fans calling for us to shame ourselves. Pulling out of the FA cup in a strop means we would rightfully get the piss ripped out of us for years.

It's a disgraceful idea and one not suitable for a website entitled 'The Liverpool Way'

Yeh just seen that, looks like they have been briefed already, he is one snidey twat

This exchange makes me think he knows exactly what is going to happen, and has said this so he can say 'I told you so' like the snide prick he is when it all comes out..

Craig Doyle

@pbarclaytimes the word was Negrito. Not negro. Very important distinction.

Patrick Barclay

Thank you, Craig Doyle. Indeed an important distinction between "negro" and "negrito". Latter less heinous as first offence.

This exchange makes me think he knows exactly what is going to happen, and has said this so he can say 'I told you so' like the snide prick he is when it all comes out..

Craig Doyle

Patrick Barclay

Thank you, Craig Doyle. Indeed an important distinction between "negro" and "negrito". Latter less heinous as first offence.

As heinous as or less heinous than? Less heinous as, well, that would really mean that it the offence is not very serious at all. Fuck twitter, anyway. And fuck Barclay, a journalist who cannot communicate.

Craig Doyle

Patrick Barclay

This exchange suggests Suarez has said something "less severe" and therefore likely to get off.

Not that Barclay has a jar of glue.

Some of the speculation on this thread is pretty wild.

The context of all of this is that the FA have rightly been running a pretty vigorous, and successful. anti-racism campaign, which we all should support, in the face of indifference, to put it mildly from some other Euro FA’s making the English FA pretty unpopular at Association level abroad. English football led the justified charge recently against Sepp Blatter for his soft-pedalling on racism which has further alienated the FA from the upper echelons of UEFA. A very high profile race murder trial is currently being heard with a twenty year history stemming from initial indifference to racism. The media and European Football will be watching the Terry/Suarez cases accordingly. The FA cannot be seen to be soft on racism- nor should it be.

The details of the Suarez/Evra incident are not in the public domain. Everyone is guessing. If he is guilty he should be punished, if he is innocent there should be no penalty.

This case has more to it this than is immediately apparent. Racist abuse is a criminal offence. It appears that Evra has not complained to the Police. If Suarez is found guilty that might follow. The context in which a player might be found guilty of racist abuse by the FA, but where it falls short of criminal proceedings, is unclear.

How racist abuse on the field should be dealt with is unclear. Should victims report it to the referee, and how should he respond? What obligations do other players/ the team captain have? What happens when the abuse is heard only by the victim? Is there provision for the allegations to be dealt with firstly at Club level before the “nuclear “ option of a formal charge with criminal ramifications? If not, why not?

It appears that there may be a cultural/language dimension to this. If there is, the FA will be very wary about passing a guilty verdict which could then be followed by a criminal charge, which was then unproven. It is a lot easier for them to find Suarez not guilty, than guilty. The problem is that if that amounts to a “bottle job” ignoring evidence, and Evra decides to pursue a criminal complaint, and that is then successful, then the FA’s credibility is shot to pieces.

If this is about language differences, then the best answer is an agreement that it was a cultural/linguistic misunderstanding, apology offered and accepted – but that could have been done wide of a formal hearing/complaint.

This is actually a far trickier problem for the FA than it is for Suarez. Whatever they decide may come back to haunt them, that is almost certainly the reason for the delayed verdict.

As heinous as or less heinous than? Less heinous as, well, that would really mean that it the offence is not very serious at all. Fuck twitter, anyway. And fuck Barclay, a journalist who cannot communicate.

I'm not certain but I'd guess that the word 'negrito' wouldn't be categorized as a racist term in British law. As it has no definition other than has been explained on Suarez's behalf, as an affectionate greeting. then there is no way that it could be described as being even remotely 'heinous'. Barclay is just a twat.