You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Before the Utd game there'd hardly been any discussion that Suarez was a cheating diving cunt.

After the Utd game this has actually become a fact.

To be fair to Ferguson though he tried to minimise the potential harm to Suarez's football reputation by assassinating his personal one.

Which I thought was decent of him, it's just a pity Jon Champion & co haven't took any notice.

Before the Utd game there'd hardly been any discussion that Suarez was a cheating diving cunt.

Luis is a fine footballer and an asset to LFC.

His "cheat" tag pre-dates his time with us and goes back to the infamous Uraguay v Ghana World Cup game.

Forwards in this country have been "light on their feet" since at least Franny Lee, it really is not an issue.

Luis is a fine footballer and an asset to LFC.

His "cheat" tag pre-dates his time with us and goes back to the infamous Uraguay v Ghana World Cup game.

Forwards in this country have been "light on their feet" since at least Franny Lee, it really is not an issue.

I think he was making the point, there was little if no mention of his perceived "cheating" before Fergie starting whining about him. And that is true.

The fact that Suarez goes down a little easily is hardly worthy of headlines; as others have said, pretty much all forwards are like that. Where Luis does let himself down a little is his lack of subtlety in trying to influence a referee's decision. I have no ethical issue with all the hand waving theatrics, only a practical one in that it just pisses refs off and make us less likely to get decisions. We can blame Ferguson if it helps but Suarez needs to think on a little. It's a maturity thing, I think. (The fact that he is a footballing demi-god helps the forgiving process a little)

United; the untouchables

starring Kevin Costner as Evra, Shean Connery as Fergushon and Robert De Niro as Luis.

[YOUTUBE]j8nZBlPfR7Y[/YOUTUBE]

"You got nothin'! You got nothin'! You got no witnesses, you got no video, you got no referee's report. If you had somethin' you woulda done it by now you punk"

Except the good guys aren't actually good, they're cunts.

Can we please stop giving Ferguson all this fecking credit for controlling the minds of the fecking footballing world!!!!!

Right heres the reality whether you like it or not Tom, it wasn't a huge issue until Fergie whined about him. Thats just the truth. I'm sure people were bringing it up but he wasn't anywhere near as much in the firing line as he is now.

I'm not saying Fergie controls anything, he speaks, the papers print it, people read it and repeat. Thats the real world Tom.

Can we please stop giving Ferguson all this fecking credit for controlling the minds of the fecking footballing world!!!!!

But he does, or have you been living in a hole for the past 15 years.

He's worshipped as some sort of footballing god by the uneducated masses.

Tom, people who are famous and well respected by people (and lets face it, as much as Ferguson is a prick, people do respect his opinions) are more likely to have their opinions shared by a large number of people. If Kenny comes out and says something about someone tomorrow we would all automatically sit back and take note because its Kenny. Thats the way of the world.

The same works for Ferguson because most people see he can do no wrong and they take everything he says is gospel.

There is no momentum build up. You give Ferguson's influence way, way too much credence if you're suggesting he can sway the mind of a nation. Suarez had a reputation for diving long before Ferguson mentioned it a week ago and it's not without substance either. He goes to ground far too easily on occasion.

Yesterday's penalty was a prime example of the flipside to this though, a blatant penalty not given by the ref (I am assuming he saw it).

And it's not a little Englander thing either. The English football folk have long had major issues with diving - rightly or wrongly - and put it down to the influx of foreigners. And they are right in my view. But it's now prevalent among all players, English or otherwise - witness Downing's theatrics against Utd. A joke.

The best thing Suarez can do it give the people no ammunition and he'll do himself a favour also by actually getting awarded stonewallers like yesterday.

I believe that I quite a reasonable person, and try nolt to subscribe to conspiracy theories and the like. However, I have to disagree with you here.

When slur speaks his media hounds bark. When the media reiterate a belief, the great unwashed get in line. (You don't have to be Noam Chomsky to see that)

Downing's dive was toe-curling, I agree.

But Young was flinging himself around too.

Against City the shaved chimp threw himself on the floor twice in the box. Not a dickie-bird...

Did everyone turn a blind eye (again...) because he's English, plays for England and has a reputation for being tough? I would certainly say so.

Rooney is a diver. A cheating diver. Rooney 'flings himself all over the place'. But ask the average punter and they'll disagree.

I believe that I quite a reasonable person, and try nolt to subscribe to conspiracy theories and the like. However, I have to disagree with you here.

When slur speaks his media hounds bark. When the media reiterate a belief, the great unwashed get in line. (You don't have to be Noam Chomsky to see that)

Downing's dive was toe-curling, I agree.

But Young was flinging himself around too.

Against City the shaved chimp threw himself on the floor twice in the box. Not a dickie-bird...

Did everyone turn a blind eye (again...) because he's English, plays for England and has a reputation for being tough? I would certainly say so.

Rooney is a diver. A cheating diver. Rooney 'flings himself all over the place'. But ask the average punter and they'll disagree.

Bang on.

To deny there are deliberate intentional double standards is just fucking ludicrous.

I think people who fail to see it must have their heads buried seriously deep down at the beach.

Edit: And to link up the points people have made, the majority of the public continue to perpetuate whats fed to them by the obviously biased media.

Ngogswilly et al. I don't agree this issue is suddenly huge as I think it's been round since Suarez came to England. But let's say you lot are right and Ferguson has influenced the average punter and the media alike to think that Suarez is a cheat. Who cares?

Do I give a fuck what my Bristol City supporting neighbour thinks of Suarez? No

Do I give a fuck what some Daily Mail columnist thinks of Suarez? Again, no.

I honestly don't think this is suddenly some big media deal but if it is, I don't really care! And for that reason, I am out!

Ngogswilly et al. I don't agree this issue is suddenly huge as I think it's been round since Suarez came to England. But let's say you lot are right and Ferguson has influenced the average punter and the media alike to think that Suarez is a cheat. Who cares?

I honestly don't think this is suddenly some big media deal but if it is, I don't really care! And for that reason, I am out!

Is this you backing down from the issue and admitting your wrong? At least on the Fergie having made Suarez a deliberate target and the media running with it???

Not trying to being deliberately provocative incase the above sentence comes across that way, but you often try to tell people they are wrong when they raise any sort of issue regarding perceived bias and/or conspiracies.

I think you seem like a reasonable bloke and are actually a really good contributor to this forum but I often think your opinion on these issues is more dismissive of other peoples rather than taking their point onboard.

In this instance I think its open season on Suarez, alot more so than it ever was. I think Suarez has brought some of it on himself because he does fall a bit too easy from time to time, but because of Fergie and probably Evra, we have a situation now where he is being targetted deliberately and unfairly.

I give a fuck because hes our player and shite like that shouldn't be tolerated.

And so you shouldn't.

But you should care what referees think of Suarez. Like Lee Mason.

And what our future referees think of Suarez, the opinions of whom will be further coloured due to the growing momentum of this label, the source of which is continued media scrutiny.

You only have to listen to commentators / pundits and read articles to see this 'cheat' thing has legs. No other player is getting it at the minute are they? Nani, Young, Rooney for example...

He didn't dive against the mancs. He was kicked against Norwich and got little/nothing. He wasn't going to get a pen on Saturday, but for the lino.

Not a coincidence. Not a conspiracy either. Just another example of the way fungus can set the agenda due to his years of power-gathering.

You haven't noticed a change in the way he's treated by referees/pundits since Fergie said he was a cheat?

fao Major Tom btw.

I really haven't, moof. But I only read the BBC and a couple of broadsheets. I also catch SSN occasionally and thats about it. Not exhaustive by any means but surely enough to know if there was some sort of witch hunt going on. I would have thought so anyway!

And so you shouldn't.

But you should care what referees think of Suarez. Like Lee Mason.

And what our future referees think of Suarez, the opinions of whom will be further coloured due to the growing momentum of this label, the source of which is continued media scrutiny.

You only have to listen to commentators / pundits and read articles to see this 'cheat' thing has legs. No other player is getting it at the minute are they? Nani, Young, Rooney for example...

He didn't dive against the mancs. He was kicked against Norwich and got little/nothing. He wasn't going to get a pen on Saturday, but for the lino.

Not a coincidence. Not a conspiracy either. Just another example of the way fungus can set the agenda due to his years of power-gathering.

Lee Mason got it wrong and if that continues to happen to Luis, I may buy into the conspiracy theory. I'll wait and see!