You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Don't mean to be pedantic Chris, but horrible cunts can be racially abused as well!

He has every right to expect support if he has been racially abused, his character shouldn't really be relevant, although it is very hard to seperate them.

Of course.

What I meant (and obviously didn't explain properly) by the 'crux' is that I dont believe the racist comments took place, and instead of searching for theories about why the allegations were made the crux of the matter is that Evra is a complete cunt, case closed.

Absolute bullshit.

Are you suggesting if there is no evidence something happened, then it didn't happen? Ridiculously naive attitude, that.

It's a massive allegation for Evra to have made and I daresay he didn't make it lightly or for the hell of it or as part of some greater conspiracy. He made it because he obviously thought he was racially abused. If he actually was or not, I guess we'll never know as I don't see it being proved one way or the other now.

Evra made an accusation and,to date, has not substantiated it. If he can't produce compelling evidence to support his very serious allegation then I don't see how we can accept that it happened. The burden of proof lies with the accuser.

Are you saying if Evra can't prove his case, and it is a very heavy accusation, we should accept that he is telling the truth anyway, or maybe harbour some reservations about Suarez's veracity when he denies the charge?

Whether it happened or not, if racist abuse cannot be proven then Evra has no case. The real fucking bullshit is that a man's character can be so easily smeared by a goundless acuusation. And, regardless of your concern for the motivation behind Evra's claim - "he obviously thought he was racially abused" - , my concern is for Suarez, who obviously thinks he is being framed by a malicious fucking liar. Or is that beyond belief?

If Evra cannot support his case we should believe that he still may have one? Now that's 'absolute bullshit'!

Absolute bullshit.

Are you suggesting if there is no evidence something happened, then it didn't happen? Ridiculously naive attitude, that.

It's a massive allegation for Evra to have made and I daresay he didn't make it lightly or for the hell of it or as part of some greater conspiracy. He made it because he obviously thought he was racially abused. If he actually was or not, I guess we'll never know as I don't see it being proved one way or the other now.

No it's not bullshit. It is actually slander and if taken to court, the burden of proof is with the defendant (Evra) to prove his accusations are truthful.

Absolute bullshit.

If it did happen, and he was so outraged that he had to go blabbing to the media just after the game, then surely he'd have mentioned it atleast ONCE to the referee in the whole match. He didn't mention it, not once, and the referee had numerous discussions with Suarez and Evra. I reckon Evra has made this up to cover his tracks, thinking it'll justify his embarrassing antics and also make Suarez look like a twat in the process. Nothing to do with Ferguson, just Evra being a cunt.

Nothing to do with Ferguson, just Evra being a cunt.

Bang on.

I also mentioned a few pages back how it is vitally important the FA find out when he made the comments to Canal Plus - was it before or after he went to see the referee?

Part of me wonders if he made the comments in a post match interview to the French broadcaster, thinking the remarks wouldn't get any air time over here, then panicked and 'reported' it to the ref.

No it's not bullshit. It is actually slander and if taken to court, the burden of proof is with the defendant (Evra) to prove his accusations are truthful.

Where do you draw the line? Girl accuses a bloke of rape, it can't be proved - as the majority of rape cases can't - so he has the right to drag her through the courts on the supposition of slander?

That something cannot be proved does not mean it didn't happen. Not even close.

I have no idea what happened on Saturday and I am not going to blindly assume Suarez is not guilty on the basis he plays for Liverpool. Likewise I am not going to tribally assume Evra is lying on the basis he plays for Utd. Something obviously went on between them and hopefully it can be cleared up on the basis of a misunderstanding. Because at the moment - for differing reasons - neither of them are looking particularly great right now.

Bang on.

I also mentioned a few pages back how it is vitally important the FA find out when he made the comments to Canal Plus - was it before or after he went to see the referee?

Part of me wonders if he made the comments in a post match interview to the French broadcaster, thinking the remarks wouldn't get any air time over here, then panicked and 'reported' it to the ref.

If he did think that, then he's one of the thickest, dopiest cunts in the worl.........hang on a minute.

Then you would be implying that there is something bad about all norwegians, not just one.

I'd challenge anyone to think of anything good or bad about Norwegians.

Has there ever been a less significant country?

If you google "Famous Norwegians" you do risk breaking the internet, but I was brave, and in the top 10 natural search results, there is a link to a Norwegian Tourist Board (Go Norway) and their entire list consists of TWO people, one bloke who invented the paperclip and the other who invented the cheese-slicer.

And that's it.

Link is here

FAMOUS NORWEGIANS

As for Evra, he obviously thinks he was racially abused. I don't think it will be a frivilous accusation as you are suggesting. What possibly would he have to gain from it?

Not necessarily true. People make false claims about incidents in all walks of life. They do it for innumerable reasons, good and bad, from false rape allegations to political lies about breaches of conduct. It's entirely possible Evra's lack of discipline was being questioned by team mates or Ferguson, so he accused Suarez of racism as a get out for his own indiscipline and performance, not realising how far it would go. One thing I do know about liars is that they have a tendency to elaborate once the initial lie is told. And we know he has lied to Canal + about the referee's awareness of it during the game. We also know that, despite his claim that there would be obvious evidence from the cameras, that Sky have trawled through their footage with a fine tooth comb and found nothing to support his allegations at all.

I'd challenge anyone to think of anything good or bad about Norwegians.

Has there ever been a less significant country?

If you google "Famous Norwegians" you do risk breaking the internet, but I was brave, and in the top 10 natural search results, there is a link to a Norwegian Tourist Board (Go Norway) and their entire list consists of TWO people, one bloke who invented the paperclip and the other who invented the cheese-slicer.

And that's it.

Link is here

FAMOUS NORWEGIANS

The sad thing about that link is that the top famous Norwegian is Johan Vaaler for inventing the paperclip. The sadder part is that it isn't even true, he invented something like the paperclip but without the last loop which made it useless.

The sad thing about that link is that the top famous Norwegian is Jan Vaaler for inventing the paperclip. The sadder part is that it isn't even true, he invented something like the paperclip but without the last loop which made it useless.

Hahahahahaahahhaha! Oh that is too delightful.

I wonder if he'd prefer to be "Nearly The Inventor Of The Paperclip" or "Inventor Of The First, But Rubbish Paperclip"?

Hahahahahaahahhaha! Oh that is too delightful.

I wonder if he'd prefer to be "Nearly The Inventor Of The Paperclip" or "Inventor Of The First, But Rubbish Paperclip"?

Worse still, the actual paperclip we use today was already knocking round. They are deluded enough to use the paperclip as a national symbol. They were worn as a sign of resistance during WW2.

Paper clip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worse still, the actual paperclip we use today was already knocking round. They are deluded enough to use the paperclip as a national symbol. They were worn as a sign of resistance during WW2.

Ah, that reminds me.

The Norwegians also gave our language "quisling", a delightful word that often refers to traitorous cowards who betray their own country and ideals.

Thanks Vidkun!

Not necessarily true. People make false claims about incidents in all walks of life. They do it for innumerable reasons, good and bad, from false rape allegations to political lies about breaches of conduct. It's entirely possible Evra's lack of discipline was being questioned by team mates or Ferguson, so he accused Suarez of racism as a get out for his own indiscipline and performance, not realising how far it would go. One thing I do know about liars is that they have a tendency to elaborate once the initial lie is told. And we know he has lied to Canal + about the referee's awareness of it during the game. We also know that, despite his claim that there would be obvious evidence from the cameras, that Sky have trawled through their footage with a fine tooth comb and found nothing to support his allegations at all.

Plus he's a notorious shit stirrer, as City and Arsenal fans and the ex-France manager will testify.

If they can casually throw in Suarez's bite and handball how come these hacks aren't touching Evra's past indiscretions.

If he won't even back down on the "at least ten times" nonsense, he's obviously trying it on.

All fair enough.

I definitely don't discount the possibility Evra is lying, I just personally cannot see what he would have to gain from it, so I don't think he is. As I say, I think he is under the impression he was racially abused but whether it's a misunderstanding or whether he actually was or not, only he and Suarez will ever know.

That Sky cannot find proof of anything untoward means nothing at all.

Where do you draw the line? Girl accuses a bloke of rape, it can't be proved - as the majority of rape cases can't - so he has the right to drag her through the courts on the supposition of slander?

That something cannot be proved does not mean it didn't happen. Not even close.

I have no idea what happened on Saturday and I am not going to blindly assume Suarez is not guilty on the basis he plays for Liverpool. Likewise I am not going to tribally assume Evra is lying on the basis he plays for Utd. Something obviously went on between them and hopefully it can be cleared up on the basis of a misunderstanding. Because at the moment - for differing reasons - neither of them are looking particularly great right now.

Woman accuses man of rape, proved to be a complete fabrication. His name is made public hers is not. His reputation is sullied forever. Bit of a tangent but did they ever change that system, thought they did ?

Anyway as for Suarez, the mud would stick too I suppose. As for Evra, he is a proven snidey cunt, no racial slurs needed for that conviction.

ever know.

That Sky cannot find proof of anything untoward means nothing at all.

I beg to differ but given that Evra's initial claim was that he was abused “at least ten times” during the match.

and that ...

“There are cameras, you can see him,” the left back said. ”He says a certain word to me at least ten times. I was very upset. In 2011 you can’t say things like this."

I think the fact that Sky cannot find a single incident, out of least 10, of him mouthing a very distinctive word, very telling indeed.

I beg to differ but given that Evra's initial claim was that he was abused “at least ten times” during the match.

and that ...

“There are cameras, you can see him,” the left back said. ”He says a certain word to me at least ten times. I was very upset. In 2011 you can’t say things like this."

I think the fact that Sky cannot find a single incident, out of least 10, of him mouthing a very distinctive word, very telling indeed.

I don't. There is a gif floating round somewhere of Suarez obviously saying something to Evra but there is no way of knowing what. How do we know he was racially abusing him then?

I have no idea what the truth is but to flippantly write something off as bullshit through lack of hard evidence is a little naive in my view.

I don't. There is a gif floating round somewhere of Suarez obviously saying something to Evra but there is no way of knowing what. How do we know he was racially abusing him then?

I have no idea what the truth is but to flippantly write something off as bullshit through lack of hard evidence is a little naive in my view.

so if I called you a pedophile, people shouldn't write it off as bullshit until they have hard evidence that you aren't?