You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

He's done it time and time again. Not just with our players, remember the Allardyce stink a few years ago when Ferguson came out of no where in his press conference slating Benitez for his mythical 'game over' gesture when we were right behind them in the final run in for the league. He's made a point of calling Suarez and Torres for 'diving all over the place' after pretty much every match for the last 4 years. He's trying to slap a reputation on the players and influence the decisions of referees. This to me is no different, justified by the fact that not one bit of evidence has came out in support of the disgraceful accusation.

Disgraceful allegation? Take your blinkers off for a minute. If it was our player accusing a Utd player of racism and it was one player's word against the other, would you also be calling it a "disgraceful allegation"? Just because there is no TV evidence on does not mean it didn't happen.

But are you of the opinion this is all a calculated ruse dreamt up by Ferguson, in the process dumping his player in the middle of a media storm, all because he wants to play mind games?

As I say, in my view it's massive paranoia.

Disgraceful allegation? Take your blinkers off for a minute. If it was our player accusing a Utd player of racism and it was one player's word against the other, would you also be calling it a "disgraceful allegation"? Just because there is no TV evidence on does not mean it didn't happen.

But are you of the opinion this is all a calculated ruse dreamt up by Ferguson, in the process dumping his player in the middle of a media storm, all because he wants to play mind games?

As I say, in my view it's massive paranoia.

Mate, if this is proven to be true then I will retract all comments and Suarez should be punished accordingly. But I just don't see it. The footage, which will be fairly extensive especially on a key player like Suarez, will have been studied meticulously this week by lip reading experts and the like. Yet one report I read yesterday said that Sky have informed the FA that they haven't found anything untoward from their own analysis of their vast catalogue of footage.

Like I said, if I am proven wrong then I will apologise and totally retract my comments. Paranoia? Maybe a bit yes, but I'd put absolutely nothing past Ferguson going off his past record. Nothing. This is the man who had every other PL manager re-call their loan players from PNE because his son was sacked as manager.

Mate, if this is proven to be true then I will retract all comments and Suarez should be punished accordingly. But I just don't see it. The footage, which will be fairly extensive especially on a key player like Suarez, will have been studied meticulously this week by lip reading experts and the like. Yet one report I read yesterday said that Sky have informed the FA that they haven't found anything untoward from their own analysis of their vast catalogue of footage.

Like I said, if I am proven wrong then I will apologise and totally retract my comments. Paranoia? Maybe a bit yes, but I'd put absolutely nothing past Ferguson going off his past record. Nothing. This is the man who had every other PL manager re-call their loan players from PNE because his son was sacked as manager.

I posted this ages ago in this thread, but it bears repeating:

To conclude that United have conjured up the entire episode simply to "derail" Liverpool is utterly insane.

What the fuck do you think happened? They had a board meeting and someone presented "Operation Fake Racial Insult" on a powerpoint presentation?

To conclude that United have conjured up the entire episode simply to "derail" Liverpool is utterly insane.

He isn't suggesting that, is he. Merely saying that Ferguson likes to take opportunities that come his way to act like a mong and try to upset our players when he thinks he can.

Shit sticks, and even if Evra cannot back up his claim Luis is the man who will be still be perceived as the villain of this piece by many commentators and football fans. The fact that Evra has no proof and can't substantiate his accusation might be evidence that the Frenchman is a complete and utter lying bastard, but I imagine this wouldn't be a consideration for a sensationalist media and an unthinking section of supporters.

Racist or liar - whether proven or not in this case, neither epithet does anyone a favour. I would suggest, though, that a man accused of racism would be less welcome in modern football than a man thought to be a liar.

If Evra cannot produce compelling evidence then Liverpool and Suarez should not let the matter end with the FA writing it off as a draw. Defamation can still be acted against in British law and Evra should be dragged through the courts if he cannot make his case. Because, sure as shit, Suarez's character is getting dragged through the dirt right now.

He isn't suggesting that, is he. Merely saying that Ferguson likes to take opportunities that come his way to act like a mong and try to upset our players when he thinks he can.

How is Ferguson acting like a mong? He is a fucking mong for sure but I am not sure he's acting like one here. He's merely backing his player publicly. Would you expect him - or any other manager - to act differently?

I don't think this is part of some 'mind game' by Ferguson!

It was Evra who has accussed a Liverpool player of Racism and it was Evra who went to French TV so I am not sure what Ferguson could have done! He has to back the player, and as some have already noted, he isn't exactly standing shoulder to shoulder per se.

Don't get me wrong, Ferguson is a cunt of the highest order as his attack on Rafa proved. But his hands are clean on this one.

How is Ferguson acting like a mong? He is a fucking mong for sure but I am not sure he's acting like one here. He's merely backing his player publicly. Would you expect him - or any other manager - to act differently?

You'd need to visit the GF.

If Evra cannot produce compelling evidence then Liverpool and Suarez should not let the matter end with the FA writing it off as a draw. Defamation can still be acted against in British law and Evra should be dragged through the courts if he cannot make his case. Because, sure as shit, Suarez's character is getting dragged through the dirt right now.

Absolute bullshit.

Are you suggesting if there is no evidence something happened, then it didn't happen? Ridiculously naive attitude, that.

It's a massive allegation for Evra to have made and I daresay he didn't make it lightly or for the hell of it or as part of some greater conspiracy. He made it because he obviously thought he was racially abused. If he actually was or not, I guess we'll never know as I don't see it being proved one way or the other now.

I posted this ages ago in this thread, but it bears repeating:

What the fuck do you think happened? They had a board meeting and someone presented "Operation Fake Racial Insult" on a powerpoint presentation?

So you're saying Suarez is guilty then? It either happened or it didn't. If it didn't then it's been conjured up from somewhere.

And like Anubis said, it doesn't take long for Ferguson to jump on the bandwagon when we are concerned and that's what I am referring to. He'll take any opportunity to unsettle us, as he has proven time and time again.

Suarez and Evra were at it all game. If this happened why didn't Evra mention it during the match to the referee or to his captain Rio Ferdinand, someone who championed the 'Stand Up Speak Up' anti racism wrist band campaign a few years ago? Why didn't he mention it on Sky tv instead of his native station? Evra has previous for this kind of thing, and Ferguson should have had his club produce conclusive evidence and been personally sure of Suarez's guilt before publicly accusing him.

'The only thing I will say - and then it is put to bed - is that the football club and everyone at the football club is totally and utterly fully behind Luis Suarez,' said the Scot.

'There was an allegation after the game about him diving all over the place and there was an allegation from Patrice Evra.

'Obviously the two things are emotive but we support the wee man on both things.

Like I said, if I am wrong then I'll totally hold my hands up but I just don't see it.

Absolute bullshit.

Are you suggesting if there is no evidence something happened, then it didn't happen? Ridiculously naive attitude, that.

It's a massive allegation for Evra to have made and I daresay he didn't make it lightly or for the hell of it or as part of some greater conspiracy. He made it because he obviously thought he was racially abused. If he actually was or not, I guess we'll never know as I don't see it being proved one way or the other now.

Not sure that is necessarily an absolute though Tom! Some people are cunts, and will do and say anything to justify their behaviour.

We all lie, and it is naive to think people don't lie about Race either.

eh?

If you think all managers wouldn't back their players in a situation like this, then I'm happy to disagree.

As to why I used the word mong, the answers you seek are on the GF.

Of course Ferguson will back him if the allegation is made. He has no option. But he took the opportunity to throw in the diving as well, which, to anyone with eyes, was bollocks. Yet he did it.

As for Evra, given his personality I wouldn't put it past him to lie about racial abuse. He's already lied to Canal +, telling them that the referee was aware of it during the game. I've watched people take the oath in court and lie about being racially abused, and then been caught out badly.

Of course Ferguson will back him if the allegation is made. He has no option. But he took the opportunity to throw in the diving as well, which, to anyone with eyes, was bollocks. Yet he did it.

As for Evra, given his personality I wouldn't put it past him to lie about racial abuse. He's already lied to Canal +, telling them that the referee was aware of it during the game.

Agreed. I would hope that Evra is merely mistaken, but I also wouldn't put it past him to lie either. Either way, he's a horrible, stupid cunt and everyone hates him.

This is the crux of the matter.

Don't mean to be pedantic Chris, but horrible cunts can be racially abused as well!

He has every right to expect support if he has been racially abused, his character shouldn't really be relevant, although it is very hard to seperate them.

As for Evra, given his personality I wouldn't put it past him to lie about racial abuse. He's already lied to Canal +, telling them that the referee was aware of it during the game. I've watched people take the oath in court and lie about being racially abused, and then been caught out badly.

I don't really care why you used the word mong!

As for Evra, he obviously thinks he was racially abused. I don't think it will be a frivilous accusation as you are suggesting. What possibly would he have to gain from it?

AS for Ferguson, managers come out with that sort of petty shit all the time. Ferguson is possibly the worst culprit but by no means the only one. They are all a bunch of children in reality. Bad losers generally are, and - by their very nature - managers are all bad losers.