You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Do...you...also...leanforwardwithyoureyespoppingoutofyourheadaswellasspeakingseventimesfasterthan...normal?

Garth Crooks is one of the shittest, stupidest, most annoying broadcasters in the country.

And when one considers that Tim Lovejoy, Chris Moyles and Kay Burley are in that group, it's a testiment to how truly shit Garth Crooks is.

I’ve tried to sum up where I am on this.

Obviously people’s opinions are going to be formed by which side you support, which is understandable but also a shame that such an issue (racism) can be reduced to some tribal argument and used to spout bullshit theories about it being a Man Utd / Slur led conspiracy. Personally I hope the incident is investigated fully, and to my mind there are only three possible outcomes – 1) Suarez did it, 2) Evra is lying, and 3) somehow, something was lost in translation. I’ve previously said I think 3 is a cop out, so I would like any guilty party to be very harshly treated. Like most people, however, I suspect that nothing will be proven either way with the shit sticking to Suarez and Evra walking away smelling of roses. Of course, as a Red I’m going to say Luis is innocent, but the fact is that at the moment he simply doesn’t have a case, or any questions, to answer. Evra, however, does.

We have to assume the quotes attributed to him by Canal Plus are accurate, otherwise he would and should have clarified them by now. So he is standing by the claim that Suarez racially abused him over ten times.

To our knowledge none of these ten+ insults were heard by any other player.

Or match official.

Or fan, steward, press photographer, deaf armchair fan, groundsman, etc.

Or picked up by the (Premier League average) 16 – 23 television cameras around the ground.

Or by the many microphones dotted around the ground.

Now, I’m willing to concede that whilst extremely unlikely, the above is minutely possible, and Evra has been very unlucky in not having his racial abuse caught on camera. Especially having said "There are cameras, you can see him [suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times." Which unfortunately for him is untrue.

So, there is no evidence (that we know of) to back up his claims. No audio evidence. No visual evidence. And no witnesses. On a field that is 110 by 74 yards, with 22 players on it, 4 match day officials, covered by 16-23 television cameras, ringed with microphones, and surrounded by 45,000 (admittedly partisan) people, no evidence exists of over ten separate racial slurs. Again, this doesn’t make him a liar, and is technically possible.

I’ve heard people say that it is up to Evra to provide evidence, but I don’t agree. His allegations and the issue are so serious that it is up to the governing body of the sport to fully investigate them, which they will begin to do so by interviewing Evra. Maybe they could ask him:

At what points during the game did these insults occur? This is very important because it would be easier to pinpoint any transgressions on the video from the day. Presumably they can’t have been at corners because the box would be crowded and there would be witnesses? So it would probably have been when the two came into contact near Evra’s leftback position, near the touchline and right next to the pitchside microphones, and depending on the half a linesman. Again, this would make finding any evidence that much easier.

If the insults occurred all the way throughout the game, why was it not reported to the referee during the game, or at half time? A message could have been given to the United bench to raise it with the fourth official, if Evra wanted to do it on the sly. This would have allowed the officials to keep an eye on the situation, and even allowed Sky to track Suarez with a camera to record any evidence.

If he was being antagonised by Suarez he could have bought it up when the ref called them both over for a talking too. He could also have bought it up 5 seconds later when the ref called him back to warn him about slapping Suarez’s hand away. He could also have bought it up 2 minutes later when the ref called him over to book him for continuing to gob off at Dirk. In all three of these situations Evra could have told the ref he was being racially abused as justification for his behaviour, and I’m sure the ref would have taken it into account.

Was it mentioned to any of his colleagues on the pitch, and in particular those closest to him so they could corroborate any allegation? If not why not?

Why mention it to Canal Plus, but not raise the issue with Sky, the host broadcaster, or any of the other domestic rights holders? Also, and I think this is vitally important, did the interview with Canal Plus happen before or after Evra went to see the referee?

Why claim ‘he knows what he said, the ref knows it’, when the referee’s report mentions that the first he heard of any incident was when Evra went to speak to him after the game?

All of this needs explaining before the FA even think about just talking to Suarez. And the PFA should be told to stick it up their cunt and get fucked.

Ferguson's language is interesting, all in Evra's name "he is adamant he wants to pursue it" "Patrice feels he has been slighted", 'deffo' keeping his distance.

And pursue what, exactly? You've got no evidence you dick!

Suarez is in a bind though. "I just want to concentrate on football" will be placed in the Silence Speaks Volumes file whilst any legal case would take months and be a huge distraction without complete confidence in its success.

Maybe they're not such dicks after all?

Luis would be pretty dim to go through with anything if (a) he's actually said something (b) he's done it to somebody else and they crawl out of the woodwork in the next week or so.

Schmeichel/Wright, Ince/Pearce etc. Generally these things just fade away, frustrating as racism shouldn't be brushed under the carpet, but football always has something else to fret over and outsiders will file this under 'Mancs and Scousers are fucking loons" and move on.

I simply cannot believe Suarez would even think of saying anything racist especially based on his time in Dutch football and particularly at Ajax.

How many black players were there when he played in Holland? I'd say at least a quarter of the dutch league has black players and Suarez never allegedly abused any of those.

I think he just should have bit the manc fucker!

One perversely great thing about this thread is that it has united a bunch of people all over the world in sitting in front of their computers trying to say a taboo word without moving their lips.

I have also determined that you can say "cunt" and "shit" in this fashion, but sadly not "fuck".

One perversely great thing about this thread is that it has united a bunch of people all over the world in sitting in front of their computers trying to say a taboo word without moving their lips.

I have also determined that you can say "cunt" and "shit" in this fashion, but sadly not "fuck".

Sounds like fup, passable I reckon.

[YOUTUBE]5ix0yl5lKw0[/YOUTUBE]