You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

All true, see you can stop being a dickhead every now and then.

He's effectively slandered Suarez, this could be detrimental to future earning if we really want to look at it that way, plus personally it's a massive thing in enlightened societies to be labelled a racist, shit sticks!

He should face an accusation of slander in court and be made to pay damages if these claims are not substantiated by anybody else, there were twenty-one other people on the pitch in earshot and as of yet nobody has come forward to back either side.

if you go down that route and get lawyers involved. Then we need prove of what Suarez actually said….cause they did talk. And if we could actually prove what both of them said to each other, this would have been dealt with by now….the whole problem is they cant prove what either of them said

if you go down that route and get lawyers involved. Then we need prove of what Suarez actually said….cause they did talk. And if we could actually prove what both of them said to each other, this would have been dealt with by now….the whole problem is they cant prove what either of them said

The post match comments amount to defamation of character and the onus would be on Evra to prove he has grounds for his comments, not for Suarez to prove his innocence,

As I said shit sticks, anybody looking to market the Premier League will look to use Suarez as he's one of the shining lights, but if he has a black cloud hanging over his name they will be reticent to use him, thus he looses a fortune in potential income. I hate talking about football as a business, but he earns a living from it and this could jeopardise his livelihood.

Sir Alex Ferguson: Patrice Evra will pursue Luis Suárez racism claim

• FA set to act as 'aggrieved' Evra refuses to back down

• Sky Sports unable to find footage that sheds light on matter

Ferguson has said an "aggrieved" Patrice Evra has no intention of dropping his complaint of racist abuse against Luis Suárez but stressed the controversy does not represent a worsening of relations between Manchester United and Liverpool.

Liverpool have given their firm backing to Suárez, who denies racially abusing Evra during the 1-1 draw at Anfield on Saturday, and believe the France international should be banned if the allegations prove unfounded. The Football Association has yet to contact United or Evra as part of an inquiry but will do so when Ferguson's team return from Tuesday's Champions League game against Otelul Galati in Romania.

Ferguson, who accompanied Evra to the referees' room at Anfield when the full-back lodged the complaint to Andre Marriner, admitted the issue was difficult for both clubs but revealed the defender is determined to pursue the allegation with the FA, a stance that would require Suárez to participate in the inquiry too.

"We spoke to Patrice today and he's adamant that he wants to follow it on," said the United manager. "It's not an easy one because everyone knows that Manchester United and Liverpool have great responsibilities in terms of what happens on the field. I thought Saturday's game was a terrific game and both sets of fans were good; there was none of the silly chanting we've heard in previous years and both sets of supporters deserve praise for that.

"It's not something that we want to level at Liverpool, and it's not against Liverpool. Obviously Patrice feels very aggrieved at what was said to him and it rests in the hands of the FA now."

The FA has refused to comment because of the sensitivity of the subject and the clubs involved. It is understood that there is unlikely to be any statement from the governing body until next week. Sky Sports, meanwhile, has not come across any footage that sheds light on the matter, despite Evra saying "we can see thanks to television what he [suárez] said".

The United and Galati captains will wear a "Unite Against Racism" armband as part of Uefa's support for Europe's biggest anti-discrimination campaign. Ferguson believes British football has successfully challenged racism in football since he moved to Old Trafford in 1986 and claimed that is why Evra was stunned by Suárez's alleged abuse on Saturday.

He said: "I'm not aware of any incidents in terms of British football. We concentrate on our own game and what happens in other countries I'm not really sure. There are very few examples of it in England since I came down. We've had some fantastic players at Manchester United who are black, so it's not an issue for the game itself. There's an odd example and maybe this is what surprised Patrice Evra. He feels he was slighted on Saturday and we don't want to see it, simple as that."

Gordon Taylor, the Professional Footballers' Association chief executive, has offered to act as a mediator. "It's something we've done in the past and it's something I hope we'll be asked to do in the future," he said. "We need to try to cool down and reflect on what happened and to contact the FA and see what form their inquiry will take. It's good to get this put behind us as quickly as possible instead of letting these things fester and become blown up again.

"It's very disappointing to have two of our players from different countries at odds over a very serious issue. Only by having a full inquiry on such matters can we get to the bottom of it and try to make sure that such problems don't arise again in the future."

Sir Alex Ferguson: Patrice Evra will pursue Luis Suárez racism claim | Football | The Guardian

On SSN they keep showing the incident where the ref called them both over for a word, they walk away, Suarez puts his hand on Evra's head, Evra slaps his hand away and the ref calls him back over. WHY THE FUCK WOULD EVRA NOT MENTION IT THEN? A couple of minutes later Evra gets booked for continuing to mouth off at Dirk. Again, surely he would mention it then?

Even the mancs would have to admit Evra's behaviour is slightly odd.

Evra was even arguing with the referee before the kick off FFS! He is a lying, petulant, cheating bastard. Straight out of the MUFC mould. Remember he tried to pull this one with the Chelsea groundsman last year and if his claim against Luis can't be substantiated like that one, then he should be brought to account for attempting to get other people into trouble.

He is one vile bastard.

Row Z? Don't know just about Evra running past Kuyt and having a 'dig' at him but I've noticed Loads of their players pulling snide digs like that at our players in the past - Remember Van Der Sar barging into and trying to knock down Kuyt after his first goal last year on his way to make a futile protest of offside after the selfsame Suarez tied their entire backline in knots? Or Cristiano Ronaldo making a gesture at Kuyt when they clashed a few years back in 2007 I think - They always seem to go Utterly mental when We (or indeed anyone) do it back though I remember their entire Team surrounded Skrtel last year after Rafael went a bit mad following the Nani incident and tried to hack down Maxi & Skrtel responded by almost knocking down Rafael was it?

Further? I always remember the coward known as the elder Neville getting his say near ref's in our matches to and then retreating when our lot go near the ref' unless there's a convenient United mob nearby; Then there's Scholes running a mile last year in the above said melee following Nani's ahem 'fall' when Kuyt or Skrtel turned on him after He mouthed off at them and then retreated discreetly so yes - Plenty of examples of hypocrisy and ability to Attempt to dish out but Not take it on their part - They're just a bunch of hypocrites and cowards who really Can't take it when they face Real resistence and sides who Won't back down to them - Or the fact that More sides are becoming like that with them now - Toys out the pram time for them in short and boy does it show. Fine when they're sunny and doing well but Change things? Well, looks like that's a different matter and then some.............

On this matter regarding Evra? I honestly think Ferguson's supporting him only as it's His player - I think he's been backed into a corner as it's a United player alleging this and you get the impression even his own Side don't fully believe Evra here but are Catch 22'd into siding with him as he's Their team-mate - There's no evidence whatsoever and Fergie & Evra both Know it. That evidence would have appeared Long since If it existed - Don't you think Sky would have had Their lip-readers and experts looking at all the matches footage for this so-called 'incident' long since already? The silence from That quarter thus speaks volumes as They would certainly have been the First to publically vaporise us & Luis given half a chance this of all days when their beloved News International masters are being crucified in the media once more thanks to Us over Hillsborough and the S*n in 1989 don't you think? I think Luis has More than enough to take out a case of defamation/libel etc against Evra When he's proven innocent as he will be in good time.........

What's more? On another note - I think this whole thing might Just work Against what Ferguson was Trying to do in singling out Suarez for referees (not that he Needs to do much like that - We've already been Without a penalty at homne against Them for 12 years and counting as if he we need More mindgames from him on That score!!!) Anyway, re' Suarez? If he becomes the victim of Evra's lies and machinations in all this and Proven as such to be innocent? Then Who do you think refs will believe the Next time Suarez gives them a question to answer on the field? Especially in direct confrontation against scum like Evra? In the end? It looks like This time? Evra has played That card once to often and may just be hoist by his own petard - Yes, his club are supporting him to the hilt as we are Suarez (and Rightly so since He is the innocent one in all this I'm certain of that) but I cannot help but get the feeling that this whole mess Despite United's support for Evra or maybe Because of it? Might just end up for them in a similar mess to the Chelsea debacle in 2008 as if there's One club and manager they Didn't want to get involved in That type of battle with their history on this type of thing & whilst lacking ironclad proof? It's us and the King - They're now In said battle but are Very heavily outgunned. Methinks it's damage limitation from here on in for United and what's more? By their strange quiet on the subject? They know it as well................

Edited by Redshadow

I don't think Suarez did say it. He is mental and Uruguan and he maybe a hot head but I don't think he's a racist. Where's the evidence or accounts from the Eredivisie, where he played with Ajax? Or the testimonies from black players Suarez has played against while on International duty for Uruguay?

Evra's story doesn't seem to add up. Also, why didn't it show up on the TV cameras? Suarez is supposed to have said it nueve or diez times no?

But just for the sake of it, let's just assume that Luis did trash talk Evra and brought his race into it. Not cool, by any means, and it shouldn't happen. But even then, it should still stay "on the pitch". Tell the ref and let him deal with it.

If Evra didn't want to say anything to the ref at the time, for whatever reason, let's assume, however unlikely, that it was because Evra didn't want to 'spoil' the game and get Suarez sent off for the 'racist' trash talk, I know, but stick with it, well if that was the case, then after the game Evra should go to Liverpool dressing room and call Suarez out in front of the whole team. Some real man to man type shit and just deal with it there and then. Kenny cusses Suarez for it and that's it. End of. Luis would look bad and Evra would have taken the moral victory.

But by running to a TV station and making allegations that are seemingly totally unfounded and unprovable, he makes himself look like the boy who cried wolf, and also more than a bit of a prick, to put it mildly. Now it gets all ugly and tit for tat, twitter war bollocks, facebook wank, FA involved etc.

And Evra is a complete cunt because, if we weren't before, we are DEFFO perceived as the badboys of the league now. Not only are we selfish money grabbing bastards but now we have racist players too.

That gay, French, Manc cunt.

I don't think he said it Iceman but I agree with you re the 'perception' thing and if I was a cynic would say that the new public storm on Suarez and general frothing at the mouth re LFC in recent weeks is exactly what they want so they can play the injured party and get public opinion onside as they slip from the summit ala 2006/07 when they had everyone apparently siding with them against the Abramovich powered Juggernaut - Now it's them & the rest v the big bad bullying football mafia from Merseyside (with racist in the middle of that for all bar our fans) and thus everyone that can be against now is thus making our job of replacing them as they once did us? That bit harder - that I'm sure is their real goal here or I'd think that if I was a cynic which I'm not (perish the thought!!).

Thing is I seem to remember something similar happening with United long before They became all-powerful in the early 1990's and they were percieved as the big bad wolf of English Football - they were hated for their money, power, growing influence and non-stop whining at referees along with everything else that could be thrown at them - If anything showed they were on the right lines back then? It was that. Anyway, this kept happening more & more until I suspect they just got more and more people/clubs afraid of and hating them until I think they eventually got sick of that and decided that if people were going to see them as the big, bad shadow over all English footy? They might as well fulfil the role to the full and that they did. I wonder if what they've done might just backfire on them in the same way if we now gradually become the big bad boys of English football in succession to them & decide to act the part once of course we've completely destroyed the baseless excuse for an accusation hurled at Lil' Luis by Evra (who has previous here) - Who knows they've seemed far from fearsome of late - Maybe there's a vacancy to fill in their place?

Anyway, I think when Luis is proven innocent to? It may just backfire even more on Ferguson in that what he was trying to do by turning ref's on Suarez? Might now reverse as the "poor victim of foul lies" that Suarez will become? Might just get some sympathy at last from ref's thereby utterly wrecking what Ferguson and Gollum the other week were attempting with their sad attempts at mind games; Myself? I think United's defenders were embarrassed & exasperated by Luis; They tried constantly to smash him around the way they did Torres when he played for us and couldn't take it when A) He wouldn't fall down as much or as easily and B) He gave it right back & fought them all the way - Toys out the pram from them once more I think. Yes I think all of this might just backfire spectacularly on United in a far larger manner than they think right now - I don't think they have a clue just what they've started now or how to finish it - Nor do I think that the ending that eventually arrives will be one that is at all to their liking.............

NB Something more? I wouldn't be at all surprised that Evra ahem develops an injury before our next meeting with those b*stards in February should this all end up going against him or if not? That one of our players gives him such an injury with a 'cough' enthusiastic tackle or two - In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Lucas or Stevie accidentally smashed him in half when next we joust with them, purely by accident of course; Either way? We'll see soon enough...............

Quite a new feeling for me: first claim of racism where I have no sympathy for the (alleged) victim.

It's obvious they're trying to wind-up Suarez. Such off-the-field tactics are typical of Fergie's men on-the pitch from as far back as I can remember. Not only is Fergie low class, he's low-life.

Kenny'll see it as a concerted wind-up too when taken together with Fergie's accusation of diving. Kenny's kept mum so far, but it'll be interesting to see how responds to this nonsense.

On the positive side, it's surprising to know that they're worried about Suarez, and that they're unashamedly vocal about it. Hope he can handle this nonsense for such a young man. The season's shaping up to being played in the media this season.