You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Guest ShoePiss
Evra specifically said that you could see Suarez calling him "a n*****" on the telly 10 times. Surely if he doesn't provide the footage of Suarez calling him that he should be automatically banned for 3 matches and forced to make a public apology?

Where did he say that and how would he have seen it when he was actually on the field, not watching the telly?

It's not listed because it wasn't Evra who made any allegations

I realise that but it's a startling coincidence that he was involved in the last incident involving such an allegation against one of our players, regardless of the way the complaint manifested itself.

It could just be my rampant paranoia though.

You've got to admire Suarez though; avoided detection from cameras, the referee and the other 20 players, done it through his teeth like a fucking ventriloquist in his second language, picked on a United player most people cannot stand instead of the former England captain (the one that was kicking him in the air every 15 minutes).

And people say United planning it is a bit far-fetched!

The first paragraph pretty much nails the ridiculous nature of the accusation.

In the relation to the second - not so much planning, but I'll be curious to see if Evra made the accusations to Canal + before he was marched to the ref's office by Ferguson. If he did, he may be so tied into a chain of events that United felt that, at that stage, they had no choice but to make him pursue it, regarless of any of his team mates or the management buying into it.

Evra told Canalplus: "There are cameras, you can see him. He says a certain word to me at least 10 times."

That's ambiguous though, because it's a direct translation from the French. You can take it to mean either that he is claiming to have seen it on camera or that he would expect to.

PFA to issue list of acceptable slurs to use on Patrice Evra

After reiterating that racism has no place in football, the PFA has moved to issue a list of slurs deemed acceptable when referring to Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra.

The French international is again at the centre of a controversy over alleged racial abuse by Liverpool’s Louis Suarez, with the PFA now moving to ensure that he is abused only for those character traits over which he has some control.

“The colour of his skin is completely irrelevant,” said a PFA spokesperson. “The verbal abuse he receives on the pitch should focus only on things like his history of dissent, the way he repeatedly winds up opposition fans, or that thing he does when he pretends to be injured after committing a foul which borders on physical assault.”

“For example, if an opposition player were to use the phrase Odious Prick then that would be perfectly fine, as it’s both accurate, and makes no reference whatsoever to his ethnicity – it could equally be used to describe Joey Barton or Robbie Savage.”

“We’re not averse to Gallic Arsehole either.”

Simon Davies from the Kick Annoying Twats Out Of Football campaign, said he welcomed the stance of the PFA.

He told us, “I have a dream, a dream that one day all of the abuse received by footballers will be based solely their detestable personality traits, and not on the colour of their skin.”

“Hopefully that day is just on the horizon.”

Yeah, that'll endear you Patrice,

evra2f77d.gif

I hope, if it's proven to be a false accusation, which it is more than likely, he gets the book thrown at him.

They cant prove its false accusation. Suarez and him clashed and said words to each other....we know that much. Its one thing to say we cant know what they say to each other, but unless they can prove every word Suarez said, then they have no ground in punishing Evra.

This will go nowhere as nothing can be proven. And what language will the lip readers use....I mean suarez could use spanish, english and even dutch for all we know

Guest ShoePiss
They cant prove its false accusation. Suarez and him clashed and said words to each other....we know that much. Its one thing to say we cant know what they say to each other, but unless they can prove every word Suarez said, then they have no ground in punishing Evra.

This will go nowhere as nothing can be proven. And what language will the lip readers use....I mean suarez could use spanish, english and even dutch for all we know

Well, the language used was one that Evra understands. It shouldn't be too hard to work out.

That's simply not true. In normal life if you make an accusation of somebody which you cannot prove then you open yourself to a libel/slander/defamation suit. This is because our legal system is based on the presumption of innocence.

I caught the start of the match re-played on LFCTV at around 7:30, and it seems Evra was moaning right from the coin-toss. For what, I don't know, and anyway I hadn't seen that on Saturday because the Sky broadcast went to an ad break around then. Watching on for about half an hour, I saw him speak/complain to the ref a couple of times, on one occasion waving an imaginary yellow card for a dive by Downing on halfway. It was a dive, but the ball went for a Manc throw-in anyway. A minute or so later and the Mancs won another throw-in on the edge of our box, but the ref paused it because Evra was still having a moan. I know Evra got booked for dissent later on, but it really seems as though he went onto the pitch with the intention to try and get our players into trouble. He was caught by Suarez on the shin down by the corner flag, but nowhere near enough to roll around like a fanny - or Nani, for that matter (some grisly flashback about time-of-the-month jokes springs to mind, unfortunately. No-one likes to see an axe wound streaming claret, after all!) He then followed that up with the badge-kissing antics. As I said earlier, though he's a very good player, he is more so a highly questionable individual for me.

All true, see you can stop being a dickhead every now and then.

He's effectively slandered Suarez, this could be detrimental to future earning if we really want to look at it that way, plus personally it's a massive thing in enlightened societies to be labelled a racist, shit sticks!

He should face an accusation of slander in court and be made to pay damages if these claims are not substantiated by anybody else, there were twenty-one other people on the pitch in earshot and as of yet nobody has come forward to back either side.

When Evra gets booked did anyone see him dig Kuyt in the stomach as they were running back with the ref . From the Kop plenty of us seen it . This is what I thought he got booked for , but when I watched the recording later on the cameras of Sky missed it . Just shown the booking . Everyone took it for mouthing too much .