You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Another thing I cant find any proof on what sky sports reported and also what the club statement said about the outcome being reached on Eras statement.

This is the FA statement on there own site.

FA statement: Luis Suarez

Tuesday, 20 December, 2011

Independent Regulatory Commission reach conclusion in Suarez case.

An Independent Regulatory Commission has today [Tuesday 20 December 2011] found a charge of misconduct against Luis Suarez proven, and have issued a suspension for a period of eight matches as well as fining him £40,000, pending appeal.

On 16 November 2011, The Football Association charged Luis Suarez with misconduct contrary to FA Rule E3 in relation to the Liverpool FC versus Manchester United FC fixture on 15 October 2011.

A hearing took place from 14-20 December 2011 before an Independent Regulatory Commission of The FA to consider the charge.

The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:

1. Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
  2. the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
  3. Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;
  4. the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.

The Independent Regulatory Commission will provide written reasons for its decision in due course setting out:

(a) the findings of fact made by it;

(b) the reasons for its decision finding the charge proved; and

© the reasons for the penalty.

Mr Suarez has the right to appeal the decision of the Independent Regulatory Commission to an Appeal Board. An appeal must be lodged within 14 days of the date of the written reasons for the decision.

The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal.

I heard for myself sky saying it was on the cunts account of what happend as how they came about charging him,the reporter said it twice.

It s also on the clubs statement on them matter to.

Yet I dont seem to be able to find a FA statement with it on.

Guest ShoePiss
Another thing I cant find any proof on what sky sports reported and also what the club statement said about the outcome being reached on Eras statement.

I heard for myself sky saying it was on the cunts account of what happend as how they came about charging him,the reporter said it twice.

It s also on the clubs statement on them matter to.

Yet I dont seem to be able to find a FA statement with it on.

I'm guessing we'll hear about that from the FA when they release how they came to the decision...which will be in due course, whatever the fuck that means. To me, in due course means at the correct or proper time. That should have been today.

The FA was handed a publicity opportunity by a serial accuser and just like the organization that tried and failed to buy the World Cup, that lobbied FiFA on behalf of a violent brute, they chose their own version of the moral high ground. With the full knowledge that Suarez is not a racist, they decided to use their own small print to make a statement about themselves. I deplore the lack of character and backbone in the so called leaders of our game. Justice, Suarez, LFC, and the people of our great city have once again been betrayed by a bunch of effetes, not chosen by us nor representative of us.

I can find the words to describe my feelings but it's action we need. As Cromwell said in the face of similar injustice - Go, in the name of God, Go!

Imagine a world in which Wayne Rooney (or almost any other English player) had the inclination to play in a foreign country. Imagine that, in such an improbable world, Rooney made a throwaway remark - pretty benign in the English language - which was deemed offensive enough, on the slightest of evidence, for him to get a record ban and vilified as a racist in the national press of that country. Imagine, moreover, that his ban was passed down by a friend of the accuser (or his accuser's boss). And, finally, imagine that the same punishment was unlikely to apply to a native of the foreign country for an equivalent (and much more evident) offence.

It's very easy for the English press and footballing establishment to attack culturally inappropriate (linguistic) behaviour when they've never had to adapt their own (linguistic) behaviour in a foreign environment. I'd really like to know how many of these judgemental English journalists and sporting bureaucrats actually speak any languange other than English - or have even attempted to do so?

Essentially, that's what's at issue here: acceptable linguistic behaviour, not political outlook.

The evidence needs to be made public as soon as possible. Absolutely disgarceful that he's been banned for racial abuse without any sort of detailed explanation as to why. Sneaky as fuck tactics by the FA, they know full well that by the time the evidence is actually produced most outsiders in this country will have lost interest in the case. Lost interest so no one will examine the actual evidence but will have drawn their own conclusion that Luis is a racist.

No idea what can be done from a legal point of view but by doing this the FA must be very sure of the avenues available to us to challenge the decision.

Can't help thinking it has been badly managed by the club. The policy of "Here's what was said. We've got nothing to hide" has really come back to bite us. Surely what's gone before with the throwing the book at Fowler for the Le Saux incident as one example should have made the club use different tactics when it comes to anything to do with the FA? And the big legal guns should have been wheeled out as soon as the allegations were made, not once the FA have cobbled together a reason to ban Luis.

But since Suarez admitted, Liverpool has no legs to stand on. The FA will just say ignorance is not an excuse. How can you think the FA will bend over and ruin the little credibility they have left in a subject they have criticised fifa and uefa for. The last thing they want to do now is be accused of taking racism lightly

I honestly think Liverpool should just take the ban, have suarez apologies if he caused any offence and say that was never his intentions and just move on. This case can really damage your clubs name and read any forum and you will see how little support Liverpool have in this subject

This proves I was wrong to value your opinion. It's clearly been formed from what you've read in the S*n/Daily Mail/Mirror.

Just watching CNN. They wheeled out some anti-racist spokesman who said that he welcomed the F.A.'s response. Not that he knew what the F.A. was responding to exactly, or what its grounds for so responding were. The point is: the damage has been done. The F.A. is being congratulated for its anti-racist stance and Suarez is the fall guy.

Incidentally, I don't defend racist abuse. But I do think that those who are accused of racism are innocent until proven (not simply declared) guilty.

Just woken up...yes...still incensed.

Personally speaking, i couldn't care less what tabloids or fans of other clubs think of LFCs statement. It could've been the shambolic ramblings of a drunken tramp but to see it out in support of Luis and highlighting some very dodgy details, even though it puts us on collision course with the FA, its all good!

It is disgusting hypocrisy, looking at the shit Luis is getting.

Suarez seems to have admitted referring to Evra's colour during discussion. He could have said 'negro' or 'negrito' or any manner of things, and meant them without any pejorative intent whatsoever -- it wouldn't matter. Unfortunately, he's playing in a country in which if someone asked you: 'who's John?' and you answered: 'oh, you know, the tall, black guy' someone would be clipping you round the ear for acknowledging that you see colours.

That's basically the attitude of the British press, and if I put on my armchair psychology hat, I would say that the hysteria over racism comes from guilt rather than moralism. At the same time as accepting that migration is an essential part of moving our country forward, it is also emblematic of the decline of our empire, and their can doubtless have been some collective reluctance to share our land with people from other countries and continents. I would say that that is probably, in some ways, natural -- but it ought to be acknowledged and tempered with reason, rather than being repressed.

People are often the most outwardly violent towards the worst qualities that exist within themselves. It makes a lot of sense that an endemically racist country is so desperate to string up racists.

The great irony of the judgement is that it is more racist than the crime. It totally ignores the defendants culture, upbringing, and personal history. It is stringing him up as a racist in spite of his being from a culture in which the idea of racism probably connotes something completely different. Does the verdict show any understanding of cultural or linguistic nuances? No. Does it show any tolerance for those differences? No. So where is the morality in that?

If the FA were to actually take a leading role in this, the right thing to do would have been to say: 'look, we accept what you meant. Over here, we have a different set of expectations and a different attitude towards language. Please don't do it again.' I think it would have been their prerogative to do that, if there was evidence for him using language that they found unacceptable.

With the verdict having been delivered so sensationally, Suarez is going to carry this tag throughout his time here. It will be sung about at games, he'll get shit for it in the street, he'll be forever attracting snide digs from commentators and journalists... he'll be hounded out, basically, unless this is overturned. And I think, to be fair, that nobody in their right mind could blame him if he decided to leave that behind. I wouldn't wish the contradictory bile of the faux-moral fuckwits of England on anybody.

It is particularly vexing, though, seeing that punishment delivered on somebody who is alone in a foreign country and who has not had time to learn the language or understand accused of using a non-pejorative term spoken in a foreign language. Oh, brave England.

Thank god we are crucifying him to save the morality of our country.

Graham Taylor said that 'it's wholly acceptable in parts of the Middle East to cut the hands off of thieves - but we wouldn't tolerate it here.' If you look closely enough, Gordon, the only thing missing is the knife.

Outstanding post that Resonator.

Decent article by Bascombe as well.

THE FA DONE FUCKED UP

Every Liverpool supporter who was on the fence regarding the corrupt and unfair manner in which the FA treats us has to be shocked of that fence and brought onto our side after this decision.

I have not felt this amped up and ready for war since we fucked H & G back to the toilet. The FA gave the fanbase a common enemy, and they made Luis into a martyr...

I can't wait for tonight shit is about to get real

If the club can show considerable doubt that this process is a stitch up from the start and/or flawed process, they have reasonable cause to by pass the appeals process.

This is the angle I would pursue as let's face it Luis is not going to get a fair appeal. Take this through some other legal process that has a reasonable test of guilt not a kangaroo court where they apply 'charades justice.'

If I was Liverpool football club I would be helping Suarez's lawyers to be slapping injunctions on the likes of the Mirror immediately to stop them printing shit stirring comments on the back page like 'Racist.' Fight fire with more fire.

The main worry for me is that the reptile clubs like Barca and Real will crawl out from under their slimy rocks and offer Suarez a way out. Obviously at a shit price as they will think they have have us by the shorts. Club have to tell them to fuck off immediately even if Suarez presses to go.

We should play the reserves in the Cup v Oldham, save the 1st team for the City game and hand 11 debuts out, fuck the FA.

Thats disrespectful to our fans who have already bought tickets. On eof the few sensible things David Moores said was "Liverpool Fc exists to win trophies it serves noother purpose" We need to go on and get to the final, then refuse to go through any FA protocol when we are there and on winning just celebrate in front of the fans.

ABS

"read any forum and you will see how little support Liverpool have in this subject"

ABS if we gave a shit about the amount of support that we got from other clubs or the media Roy Hodgson would still be our manager, and H & G would have run our club into the ground by now, so keep that opinion to yourself.

There is so much wrong with this case (I need to see Suarez racially abuse Evra ten times on camera dammit) that for us to take this ruling lying down would not only make Suarez look bad but every aspect of this proud club from the bottom to the top.

Just some lateral thinking lads, would Suarez be able to hand himself into the police and say he wants these allegations checked by the law on behalf of Evra? Afterall racist abuse is a criminal act. I know it's high risk strategy but if there isno evidence then it'd get chucked out and leave the FA with egg on their face?

Still incensed by this!

Danny Fullbrook from the Daily Star is criticising the lack of leadership? This from a paper that supported the political aims of the EDF! Get to fuck. Pathetic little bigots projecting their own bigotry onto Luis.

How anyone can listen to a player walk in to the room, say yes I did say 'Negrito' (or similar), but it wasn't a racist slur. A player who himself comes from a racially complex country such as Uruguay, with black family members, plays alongside black players and has done for years and yet they find him guilty of racism!

They might have worded it differently, but we know that was the charge and they knew what the result would be. I am not in the slightest bit concerned by Evra's past accusations, if he felt he was racially abused he has every right to take it to the highest authority. But in this case he wasn't.

You can see why this country uses 'positive discrimination' as a means to end racial prejudice, they don't understand the complexities, don't understand how insidious racism is, and quite frankly have no desire to deal with it. So we get positive discrimination, which annoys those who are not included, patronises those who are and enables people with racial prejudice to continue as normal, so long as they don't 'make it obvious'!

We see it in the media with the Rooney rule, moralising about the lack of Black football managers and conveniently ignoring/forgetting the lack of black journalists covering the sport.

But Luther Blissett said he should be prosecuted! And he is Black, so we must listen to him, all Black people where racism is concerned are educated, knowledgable and without bias, god forbid anyone suggesting that Luther is a bit simple and speaking with authority about a process he knows very little. Didn't Oliver Holt question the pejoritve nature of balling someone a 'Black Cunt'? But there he is offering his opinion on Luis.

The one positive from these past couple of months is this. We know where we stand in this country. Too many of us have forgotten, to busy settling scores from the Parasites ownership, well now we all know. The rest of the country vears between hatred and dislike, Geordies with their sign on songs, Brummies with their Liverpool Slum songs, Cockneys with their You'll never work again, and mancs, who are just loathsome cunts.

The FA, the media and the Premiership did nothing when this club was on the brink so maybe we can discover a little bit of that solidarity that we used to have and fucking have these cunts.

Sorry for the jumbled rant! An office full of women doesn't offer much of an opportunity to vent. But tonight I will be singning loudly for Luis and loudly for ' You can stick your England team up your arse' because I think that needs to be sung tonight.

Can't say I am surprised the FA have done this.

As someone said earlier in the thread at best Luis has probably done something stupid here. However I still can't believe that in all of this we have still yet to see any public release of what he is meant to have said, the negrito thing was all press speculation as far as I can tell.

The thing is even if we can get it overturned the papers will print a tiny one paragraph report stating that he has been found not guilty as an apology and the mud will stick to Luis. Irrespective he will be labelled a racist for life now in this country.

Would hate to see him leave but if he decided he wanted out I could fully understand it.

I posted elsewhere, that racism is indeed alive and well in sports in this country. You just need to see the way Drogba, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis have been so severely criticised for going down easy/diving yet Stevie, Rooney, Ashley Young et al have done it and it is ignored.

The English press routinely criticise Johnny Foreigner yet we still have someone playing for England who is under Police investigation and has been caught on camera calling someone a Black Cunt.

You just know they will do him for the Fulham game too.

If the FA are actually serious about cleaning up the game, why has nothing been done about the Everton fans clearly throwing things at our players? Why are they not charging every club that has players surrounding the ref during games? Why are they appealing a ban for a clear out and out cynical foul by Rooney? In fact why is a player who criticised his own fans loyalty on camera during the match even allowed to wear the fucking shirt.

Would love to see Stevie come out in support by retiring from England (mind you I've wanted that for some time).

I hope in the next World Cup England get drawn against Uruguay, and I hope Luis fucks England big time.

Hope we go on and win the FA Cup now and let Luis go and pick up the cup in front of all those FA cunts.

You know what I would love?

For us as fans to boycott the Semi Final at Wembley, completely boycott the day and leave the stadium half empty, and the pictures beamed all over the world.

And then turn up at Wembly, sing thoughout the national anthem, and as you say let Luis walk up and pick the cup up.