You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

• 3 months later...
Cunt.

Paris Saint-Germain condemn Patrice Evra’s ‘homophobic’ rant

Former Manchester United star says it was ‘misunderstanding’ 
 PSG win legal battle with Uefa over FFP investigation

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

Patrice Evra  Patrice Evra has apologised for a ‘massive misunderstanding’, saying the video in which he launched into an apparent homophobic rant was a joke. Photograph: Peter Byrne/PA

Paris Saint-Germain have condemned an apparent homophobic rant by the former France and Manchester United captain Patrice Evra.

In the video posted on social networks Evra and another man are seen in the back seat of a taxi when they respond to an online user’s views on PSG. United knocked the French champions out of Europe this month after winning 3-1 in Paris, a game which Evra attended.

When responding to the online user, Evra said: “Here it is Manchester. Stop supporting teams who will never win.

“Paris, you are some faggots, some faggots, I’m telling you. We [United] put our D team [against PSG] and we did you. Some kids played – they used to clean my boots. They don’t even have sperm. Paris, you are some pussies.”

Soon after PSG’s defeat Evra posted a video celebrating the club’s exit and then threatened to slap the former PSG winger Jérôme Rothen – his former teammate at Monaco – after Rothen criticised Evra’s attitude.

In a strongly worded statement PSG said: “Paris Saint-Germain condemns Patrice Evra’s homophobic insults aimed at the club, its representatives and its former players in a video released yesterday on social media. These remarks profoundly shocked the club, which is particularly committed to the values of respect and inclusiveness.”

“The fight against homophobia and all forms of discrimination is at the heart of PSG’s actions and values, which has worked alongside Rouge Direct [formerly Paris Foot Gay] to fight homophobia, as well as Sportitude against all forms of racism.”

Play Video
1:01
 Patrice Evra criticised for 'patronising' applause of Eni Aluko – video

PSG are reportedly now considering legal action against Evra following his attack on the club.

Evra played for PSG during his youth career – between 1997 and 1998 – before moving to Marsala in Italy where he signed a professional deal.

The 37-year-old went on to play 355 games for United between 2006 and 2014, wearing the armband on numerous occasions. Evra was also named France captain at the 2010 World Cup but was stripped of it during the tournament after the team went on strike at training.

Evra responded via Twitter on Tuesday, saying the French media had misinterpreted his words, and he apologised for any offence caused.

He said: “I am here to clarify a massive, massive misunderstanding but we have to shut it down. I made a video, as a joke as a friend, and the French media, they take it because I used the word ‘pede’, so they translated as I am against the gay people.

“I am not homophobic. I love everybody. So, if I offend someone or I hurt someone, I apologise. You know it’s not my intention but they just try and put me down.”

24 minutes ago, niallers said:

Can't think of a human, let alone a footballer, who I'd more like to see frazzled on a skillet. The biggest cunt of a cunt cunting about. A fucking rat.

As you can tell,I mildly dislike him.

Luis should watch Pulse again and bite out the fuckers tongue,

https://youtu.be/cqtG4EKTeLU

“I am here to clarify a massive, massive misunderstanding that is entirely your fault. I made a video, as a joke as a friend, and the French media, they take it because I used the word ‘pede’, so they translated as I am against the arse bandits.

“I am not homophobic. I love everybody. Except arse bandits, obviously. So, if I offend someone or I hurt someone, that's your fault. You know it’s not my intention but they just try and put me down.”

8 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The French media had misinterpreted his words, eh.

Irony just spontaneously combusted and now looks like the monk on the Rage Against The Machine album cover.

Which ironically turned the most spiritual image available in to a marketing ploy by an anti capitalist band

On 20/03/2019 at 13:46, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

PSG and their Qatari overlords can fuck right off with the fake indignation, mind you.

Can detest Evra for being the slippery, loathsome little turd he is without having them laughably condemning homophobia.

7 years in jail for being a homo in Qatar.