You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Read my post again but carefully this time. Read what the charge is in quotes. As I said, the wording of the charge is such that Suarez only has to have used 'insulting words and \ or behaviour' to evra.'

That is one charge proven if he said anything like 'fuck off you twat.' The charge then goes on that Suarez racially abused evra ie a second chargable event.

By his own admission Suarez has said he called evra 'negrito' and claims its not offensive in Uraguay. That may well be the case but the panel arent looking at an incident in Uraguay or anywhere else for that matter hence why I believe Suarez will be found guilty of what is after all, a jumped up charge (like wtf didnt evra say something during the game?)

That's a bit like saying a Brit jailed for 14 years in some Arabic backwater got what he deserved when asking a fellow traveler for a fag!

The context of what has been said is in question, not how Evra understood it... You can't be found guilty of racism if you did not mean to be, in that case jokers like Evra will be able to use to race card at every possible opportunity..

They need to find without a shadow of a doubt that Suarez said something racist and meant to do so! And in this case there is no way on earth they can prove that.... If they do he has every right to sue them to high heavens!

The FA can not ban Suarez for using the 'Negrito' if it's proven not to be a racist term in South America.

They can not ban a player for using his own native language otherwise they are setting themselves up for all sorts of a shitstorm courtesy of the club lawyers.

They will try and do him for abusive language towards Evra but even then they have to prove it.

They can not ban him purely on Evra's word as that will not stand up in court, one persons word against another.

If they do manage to find evidence that Suarez abused (but not racially) Evra during the game then if they do him for that then they best get bigger premises because at least 10 players from every single game up and down the country will be appearing there.

The FA can not ban Suarez for using the 'Negrito' if it's proven not to be a racist term in South America.

They can not ban a player for using his own native language otherwise they are setting themselves up for all sorts of a shitstorm courtesy of the club lawyers.

They will try and do him for abusive language towards Evra but even then they have to prove it.

They can not ban him purely on Evra's word as that will not stand up in court, one persons word against another.

If they do manage to find evidence that Suarez abused (but not racially) Evra during the game then if they do him for that then they best get bigger premises because at least 10 players from every single game up and down the country will be appearing there.

Totally agree, but this is the FA we're talking about, I just hope the club are willing to take it to a higher court, and those cunts at the FA know it.

Pretty confident that the club would take it further if the FA tried banning Suarez.

Dalglish himself has said the club are fully behind Suarez and will back him anyway possible.

The FA have got themselves into a corner because the whole sporting world are watching this case to see what happens.

If they try doing him for using his own language then Suarez and the club can take the FA to court for numerous issues such as human rights to speak your own language and the defamation of character by him being branded a racist.

If they dismiss the racist charge and then try doing him for foul/abusive language then once more the club can demand a fair hearing and expect everyone guilty of a similar offence to be brought to the FA.

Once more if they tried doing him for giving the Fulham fans the finger then the club would expect any player in the past to have had the same punishment.

The ref didn't report any incident regarding either the racist claims or the Fulham fans and in the case of the racist claim it was only when Evra went crying to the ref with Ferguson after the match it was brought to light.

If Suarez does face any ban then i expect the club to unleash the Grabiner.

Think he's going to face a ban, bad bad feeling about this.

Me too. I cant see him not escaping a ban to be honest. I 100% believe that what he said was a genuine culture difference. Its a shame that he will be branded a a full blown racist for this, even though we all know he is not.

United fans and some Liverpool fans have sadly made this about the 2 clubs rather than the comments made.

I dont believe the FA will fuck us over, I dont believe the FA will fuck United over I just think they will make a stance and its as simple as that.

Me too. I cant see him not escaping a ban to be honest. I 100% believe that what he said was a genuine culture difference. Its a shame that he will be branded a a full blown racist for this, even though we all know he is not.

United fans and some Liverpool fans have sadly made this about the 2 clubs rather than the comments made.

I dont believe the FA will fuck us over, I dont believe the FA will fuck United over I just think they will make a stance and its as simple as that.

A stance determined by an urge to eradicate racism from the game by punishing those whose culture differs from ours? Right on.

I cant see him not escaping a ban to be honest.

That's a relief! I thought I was the only one.

I think it might be a fine and a slap on the wrists personally, or a suspended ban. I'm not sure they will want to navigate the quagmire of a potential international incident with the Uruguayan FA and embassy.

Pretty confident that the club would take it further if the FA tried banning Suarez.

Dalglish himself has said the club are fully behind Suarez and will back him anyway possible.

The FA have got themselves into a corner because the whole sporting world are watching this case to see what happens.

If they try doing him for using his own language then Suarez and the club can take the FA to court for numerous issues such as human rights to speak your own language and the defamation of character by him being branded a racist.

If they dismiss the racist charge and then try doing him for foul/abusive language then once more the club can demand a fair hearing and expect everyone guilty of a similar offence to be brought to the FA.

Once more if they tried doing him for giving the Fulham fans the finger then the club would expect any player in the past to have had the same punishment.

The ref didn't report any incident regarding either the racist claims or the Fulham fans and in the case of the racist claim it was only when Evra went crying to the ref with Ferguson after the match it was brought to light.

If Suarez does face any ban then i expect the club to unleash the Grabiner.

I sure hope you are right, as I am tired of LFC being fucked over by the FA...

Which is the same as to fuck us over!?

A stance determined by an urge to eradicate racism from the game by punishing those whose culture differs from ours? Right on.

Which is the same as to fuck us over!?

I dont mean they are going to give Suarez a big ban or anything I just dont think they will let it go.

We were ALL surprised that he was charged in the first place so to go the next step is not difficult for the FA, As i have said previously Zico its not about 'us', its about one mans word against the other and how they interprate it.

Dont for one minute think i dont think the FA is a corrupt bunch or twats but its not as simple as that in this case.

Il be over the moon if Luis does not get charged but I just think he will. sadly.

I reckon it will be a 3 game ban in which case we should not appeal as long as the first game he misses is Wigan, he will then miss Blackburn and Newcastle butwe should still manage 7 points.

That would mean he will be back for City on 3rd Jan.

Still hoping he walks away with a slapped wrist with a 3 game ban to Evra for lying - NO WAY did Suarez say Negrito or whatever 10 times.

they have no grounds to ban him

but its the FA so they will

With all due respect. if they had no grounds. then why was he charged? they must have had grounds to charge him and as such also have grounds to find him guilty.

Its just a question of wether there is strong enough evidence and wether they find inconsistancys within statements etc.