You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Evra is a horrible little scrote. He provoked fans in both the Main and Centenary stands in two separate incidents during that game. Even the normally placid Dirk got in his face over his behaviour.

Evra was wound up all game. Downing went past him and took a dive, looking for a free kick and Evra went off his head, chasing after the referee waving an imaginery card.

What the hell are they waiting for?

Someone to invent a time machine so they can go back and listen in?

Talk to the players, determine what each said or thought was said, check any other possible sources, and make a decision.

Agreed. This could -and should - have been done within a few days of the match.

Firstly, if Suarez is guilty he should have the book thrown at him.

If he's not guilty though Evra should have the book thrown at him, and I would love for Suarez to sue the arse off him.

I'm not accusing Evra of outright lying (although it wouldn't surprise me), but the point is his accusation is so very serious he shoud have got his facts straight before mouthing off, and made sure that before damning someone they absolutely deserved it.

I'd have put my house on you giving that response to that post Johnny, you are officially the most negative LFC fan I've ever come across.

It's not about me being negative, it's about the truly daft (in my opinion) way fans will leap to a conclusion based on who the footballer plays for as opposed to any type of evidence. If Evra played for us and Suarez for the Mancs then I guarantee you that all the people saying Evra is a lying cunt here would be saying that Suarez is a racist cunt and Evra is spot on to push it all the way.

I just think it's daft and a wee bit childish. Nobody here knows the slightest thing about the personalities of either player and for all we know Suarez may very well be racist. Hopefully and probably not, but we don't know for certain.

My post you refer to was also playing a bit of devils advocate. The silence could easily be perceived either way. No evidence or loads of evidence.

However, it now seems that there is evidence but it was crossed wires and confusion of words meanings. So hopefully that's it and we can move on.

You can be damn sure Kenny spoke with the player and got all his info before he came out with his 100% support.

I fully support our players in their normal every day footballing actions, but if one of them acts like a cunt then I'll wait and see the evidence before I catagorically state they our lad is innocent and then other fellas a shit head. Whoever wants to make his mind up based solely on the shirt the lad wears is their choice, but it just seems a bit of a stupid way to base your decision regarding very serious matters if you ask me.

Evra was wound up all game. Downing went past him and took a dive, looking for a free kick and Evra went off his head, chasing after the referee waving an imaginery card.

Yes. It was actually the worst performance as a captain I've seen for years. He completely ignored his teammates and immersed himself in that weird private war he had with the crowd and a few LFC players. Pathetic.

It's not about me being negative, it's about the truly daft (in my opinion) way fans will leap to a conclusion based on who the footballer plays for as opposed to any type of evidence. If Evra played for us and Suarez for the Mancs then I guarantee you that all the people saying Evra is a lying cunt here would be saying that Suarez is a racist cunt and Evra is spot on to push it all the way.

I just think it's daft and a wee bit childish. Nobody here knows the slightest thing about the personalities of either player and for all we know Suarez may very well be racist. Hopefully and probably not, but we don't know for certain.

My post you refer to was also playing a bit of devils advocate. The silence could easily be perceived either way. No evidence or loads of evidence.

However, it now seems that there is evidence but it was crossed wires and confusion of words meanings. So hopefully that's it and we can move on.

You can be damn sure Kenny spoke with the player and got all his info before he came out with his 100% support.

I fully support our players in their normal every day footballing actions, but if one of them acts like a cunt then I'll wait and see the evidence before I catagorically state they our lad is innocent and then other fellas a shit head. Whoever wants to make his mind up based solely on the shirt the lad wears is their choice, but it just seems a bit of a stupid way to base your decision regarding very serious matters if you ask me.

The evidence we have is that Evra has tried this fruitlessly before, nobody, not 1 person, not even his manager or captain has came out in support to him. Not one person can endorse or back up his claims. More than anything I'm a firm believer of innocent untill proven guilty, given that Luis is indeed a Liverpool player and there is nothing to substantiate the accusation I personally cannot see why you or any red would not back him completely untill that changes. Why play Devils Advocate ??? anyway il be absolutely astonished if there's any truth in what Evra has said.

Amazed to see what Paul Merson had to say then on Soccer Saturday on this issue.

1. What will happen to evra "the accuser" if Suarez found not guilty;

2. Why didnt Evra mention it to the referee during the game when he called them over....which makes the whole thing dodgy.

The guy almost passed for someone with a modicum of intelligence.

I haven't seen any evidence that it was crossed wires at all.

Only an article in the Mirror saying this might be the case.

The thing about that Mirror article is that somebody made the point - on this very thread - about how the word "negro" is used commonly in Latin American countries but NOT in any racist context, and how this could have been interpreted in the wrong way by Evra. It is almost as if the article writer read this thread before writing the story.

Amazed to see what Paul Merson had to say then on Soccer Saturday on this issue.

1. What will happen to evra "the accuser" if Suarez found not guilty;

2. Why didnt Evra mention it to the referee during the game when he called them over....which makes the whole thing dodgy.

The guy almost passed for someone with a modicum of intelligence.

He must have banged his head in that car crash a few weeks back,either that or that crayon he put his nose as a kid has done something to his brain like the simpsons.

45.gif

HOMR.jpg

The evidence we have is that Evra has tried this fruitlessly before, nobody, not 1 person, not even his manager or captain has came out in support to him. Not one person can endorse or back up his claims. More than anything I'm a firm believer of innocent untill proven guilty, given that Luis is indeed a Liverpool player and there is nothing to substantiate the accusation I personally cannot see why you or any red would not back him completely untill that changes.

I'm not going to go around saying he's guilty, but I'm also not going to go around backing his innocence 100% and proclaiming him as wronged because I don't know if he is innocent. If anyone asks me my opinion I will say that I'd be very surprised if he had said something racist and that anyone should reserve opinion until the facts come out. But I'm not dumb enough to stand there and say he's 100% innocent and how dare anyone saw otherwise when I have not the first idea of what is going on behind the scenes. And I certainly won't get involved in some daft idea that I have to back him because he plays for us. I think Kennys stance has been spot on in fact. He has clearly had a good look at the evidence and had a good chat with Luis and then come out with his support, while still saying that whoever is guilty needs to be punished.

Are you also offering 100% support to Evra in line with the "innocent until proven guilty" stance on his claim being false?

Why play Devils Advocate ??? anyway il be absolutely astonished if there's any truth in what Evra has said.

Why? Because someone has said that nothing has come out in over a week therefore he must be innocent. My point is that the silence could just as easily be because they have plenty of evidence and they are putting it togther ahead of a charge. The silence tells us nothing so in fact it wasn't really devils advocate but just common sense.

However, I'd also be surprised if there is any truth in what Evra has said as it would be a very stupid thing to say with the amount of cameras around these days. But then it would be a very odd thing to randomly accuse someone of also. And now it seems that he has called him something which would appear to be racist to the naked ear but isn't when you take translation into account. That would certainly explain this whole fiasco.

However, I will not be changing my view that supporting someone based on the club they play for this season is daft. I suppose in similiar circumstances we would have backed Torres to the hilt a few years back but would now declare him guilty of all charges, and that's just daft.

My point is that the silence could just as easily be because they have plenty of evidence and they are putting it togther ahead of a charge...

And now it seems that he has called him something which would appear to be racist to the naked ear but isn't when you take translation into account. That would certainly explain this whole fiasco.

So on the one hand you're saying we can't be sure he won't be charged because nothing has leaked out, and on the other you're saying something has leaked out? Er...

I'll tell you what I believe. I believe Evra has already lied when he told Canal + that he'd reported it to the ref during the game. His evidence has already been disbelieved by the FA previously. And he accused a Chelsea groundsman of assaulting him when he started the fight. So he's a proven liar, and he's been proven to make accusations which are untrue.

I'm with Zeke.

The thing about that Mirror article is that somebody made the point - on this very thread - about how the word "negro" is used commonly in Latin American countries but NOT in any racist context, and how this could have been interpreted in the wrong way by Evra. It is almost as if the article writer read this thread before writing the story.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there's any evidence of that either. If there was there'd be footage of it. If Sky had footage of Suarez saying anything remotely resembling 'Negro' or 'Nigger' then it would be in the public domain by now. You only look at how quick things have developed with John Terry, it was on You Tube within minutes.

But if and a big if,it was used at all then in what context has a persons skin colour got to do with anything at all?

The use of it in any circumstance is racist in itself,is it not?

This is in no way endorsing Evra's claim but skin colour shouldn't come into any argument under any circumstances as its completely irrelevant.

I don't for one minute believe that there is any substance to these allegations and Evra is just being a crying cunt. But one thing that need's dispelling is this myth that Evra has previous for this. It wasn't him who accused the Chelsea ground staff member of racism and it wasn't him who accused Steve Finnan a few years ago, it was 2 deaf supporters watching on the television.

But if and a big if,it was used at all then in what context has a persons skin colour got to do with anything at all?

This is in no way endorsing Evra's claim but skin colour shouldn't come into any argument under any circumstances as its completely irrelevant.

I said I'd read that earlier in this thread, NOT that I know it to be fact. I've never been to South America, nor do I speak Spanish or Portuguese, so I'm not going to start discussing cultural differences with my own opinion.

I said I'd read that earlier in this thread, NOT that I know it to be fact. I've never been to South America, nor do I speak Spanish or Portuguese, so I'm not going to start discussing cultural differences with my own opinion.

I was just saying that as a neutral I would ask that question if it came up under other circumstances,like a domestic argument or pub 'debate.'

I don't for one minute believe that there is any substance to these allegations and Evra is just being a crying cunt. But one thing that need's dispelling is this myth that Evra has previous for this. It wasn't him who accused the Chelsea ground staff member of racism and it wasn't him who accused Steve Finnan a few years ago, it was 2 deaf supporters watching on the television.

but he did accuse the senegal nation, the nation of his birth, of calling him a monkey.

And despite being in the midst of the chelsea scuffle and knowing exactly what was and wasnt said he hardly jumped to the defense of the chelsea groundstaff when they were falsley accused of calling him an immigrant. Perhaps he didnt here it as they were boxing his ears.

he's a gobshite and a twat. For that reason alone the fa should throw the book at him.

Negro is not a term they use to differentiate between skin colour.

By 'they', I mean sane South Americans who don't give a fuck about equality and diversity lectures from gay civil servants who are offended that we don't applaud them when we pass them in the street.

They haven't had time to re-evaluate the complexities of their language because they aren't bored and sat on their arse all day, they're out there wOrking hard and enjoying life, with people of various colours.

Evra thinks he's the first ever black man we've encountered.

How this has been handled confuses me. It is not for the club to back, or slate, Suarez in adavance of an investigation, and conclusion.

If Evra has a complaint it should be heard independently, with everyone else staying clear and the outcome awaited in due course.

With the Terry allegations swirling too I suspect that there is a cultural issue at play here. When a brainless footballer, hypthetically calls a player a f***** b**** c*** some simply are linking three words together, rather than in their own minds racially abusing another.

VB's protests regarding JT's status as England Captain are equally bizarre. Either he did, or he didnt, racially abuse Ferdinand.