You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

I see Stan Collymore has used his People column to completely ignore the fact there is an FA investigation into the matter, and to talk bullshit. As if the clubs haven't gone to the other players on the field and asked them what they saw or heard.

Evra and Suarez row: The money in football means morals have gone out of the window - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

I'd have thought they'd have wanted to get a black footballer to write about it.

I see Stan Collymore has used his People column to completely ignore the fact there is an FA investigation into the matter, and to talk bullshit. As if the clubs haven't gone to the other players on the field and asked them what they saw or heard.

Evra and Suarez row: The money in football means morals have gone out of the window - Football News - Football - Sport - People.co.uk

13 years on and he refuses to give the other persons name in?

That'll be because he doesn't want to give them the oxygen of publicity, not because he'd be sued for slander as he had no evidence or witnesses then, let alone now.

So I'll save you the trouble and name them for you Stan.

For are younger viewers Stanley is talking about Ulrika Jonnson.

And in no way whatsoever is he talking about former Liverpool player Steve Harkness.

See Stan I was only joking your secrets safe with me.

Brilliant quote from the Fabregas - Kanoute racism saga.

"No one has ever accused me of being racist or bigoted in all my years of playing in the game," he said. "There is a simple explanation for that. I have never behaved in that manner. I share a dressing room with a Malian player [seydou Keita], I have an Arab tattoo and my partner is Lebanese. There is no better indication that it makes no sense."

Using the old "but my mate is black" excuse. Good work Cesc.

Brilliant quote from the Fabregas - Kanoute racism saga.

"No one has ever accused me of being racist or bigoted in all my years of playing in the game," he said. "There is a simple explanation for that. I have never behaved in that manner. I share a dressing room with a Malian player [seydou Keita], I have an Arab tattoo and my partner is Lebanese. There is no better indication that it makes no sense."

Using the old "but my mate is black" excuse. Good work Cesc.

Not as good as the old Luis Aragones one, whilst defending himself from racism accusations he said something along the lines of 'I have black friends, I've even had one eat at my table.'

The whole story is strange on the face of it..

1. If it happened 10 times as evra claims then why not say something to the ref at the time, why wait til the game ends?

2. Why make the claim up in the first place if not true?

3. Why would Luis utterly deny is if he had done it? Why go public when if he had done it then he is hanging himself out to dry by denying it in public? Makes no sense

4. If there was a shred of evidence ( in terms of on one of sky's multi cameras ) that I'm sure they have gone over as they would love a story of this magnitude, if they could have found a picture or lip reader then it would be all over sky sports news

I just genuinely don't know what to make of it, neither have anything to gain by lying but one is.. I hope Luis didn't say it, and I believe he didn't but I hate Liverpool being dragged through such a story .. As a club before every game we make a big deal about how the club won't accept it over the tannoy so for the club to fully back the player in public too makes me think and hope there is nothing in it as we would look daft

Let's hope an end to this is soon

This tells me that Luis is innocent... I can't see Kenny going out on a limb to make these comments if there was even a 0.0001% chance that Luis was guilty. The silence from Manchester Utd speaks volumes.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish wants a quick conclusion to the dispute between Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra. The Football Association (FA) are investigating a complaint that Manchester United's Evra was racially abused by Liverpool's Suarez.

Dalglish, 60, said: "We would rather have it done and dusted, out in the open. "Whoever is the guilty party - the person who said it or the accuser - [should] get their due punishment."

It is alleged that Evra, 30, was racially abused by forward Suarez, 24, during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Anfield earlier this month. Dalglish added: "For me, I don't see racism apparent in any way, shape or form as far as this football club is concerned. "I do not think racism is prevalent in the game here and it certainly isn't at this football club. "We have got a case going on ourselves which seems to be dragging its feet. "We look forward to the case coming to a conclusion."

Despite Dalglish urging a quick conclusion, the FA will not be rushed into a decision and have no plans to make an announcement. The Liverpool manager also highlighted Suarez's off-field qualities.

He said: "Luis has been fantastic and the great thing about him is that he is very unassuming as well. "Everybody can see what he can do on the pitch - but he has got no edge to him. He doesn't think he is better than anyone else. "He is a great ambassador for the football club. For us, as well as his football, the other things he brings to the club are very important as well. "He is just a fantastic person as well as a fantastic footballer."

On the other side. Over a week now and they still haven't come out to say there is no evidence and nothing to report. The silence is deafening some will say.

The John Terry case has focussed all the attention.

You know , the one that there is actually some "evidence". Both on video/ lip reading and other players coming out in support that they might have heard something.

Louis' case will just wither and die in investigation/enquiry limbo with a short one or two line announcement from the FA whatever on a big news day. My bet is the same day of the Euro 2012 draw in December when all the attention will be on England and poor Wayne.

Dan "nudge nudge wink wink" Walker just put this up on twitter

Just heard an interesting version of events regarding Suarez/Evra affair. Seems like a massive case of 'lost in translation'.

web o 10/28/11 4:21 PM

I'm not being evasive on Suarez/Evra. FA are waiting to make an informed decision so it'll be interesting to see their decision.

web o 10/28/11 4:41 PM

Just heard an interesting version of events regarding Suarez/Evra affair. Seems like a massive case of 'lost in translation'.

I'm not being evasive on Suarez/Evra. FA are waiting to make an informed decision so it'll be interesting to see their decision.

Sounds about right. Long, drawn-out but extremely tedious story that is going absolutely nowhere? Lots of talk in the media about the relevance of it to modern culture as some sort of zeitgeist moment, keeping it in the public eye? Some old cunt sipping whisky in the background, secretly lapping up the adulation as sycophants fawn over him?

Gay. :whistle:

It's referring to this.

PFA's Evra-Suarez peace plan is blocked

Published 22:30 27/10/11 By John Cross

Players' union boss Gordon Taylor has been blocked from trying to broker a peace pact between racism-row duo Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez.

The Professional Footballers’ Association tried to intervene after it emerged that Liverpool striker Suarez is blaming a language and cultural barrier for the affair.

Manchester United defender Evra accused Liverpool's Uruguayan striker of racially abusing him during their clash a fortnight ago and told sources in France he called him a “n*****”

But the Mirror understands the row centres around the Spanish word “negro” having a different meaning culturally, and not being as offensive in that language as it is in English.

It is believed the bust-up started with the two men trading insults before it descended into name calling.

PFA chief executive Taylor said: “We always try to mediate in these situations. But now it’s the FA’s job to carry on with their investigation.”

Evra has insisted he wants to take the case all the way and the Football Association are investigating.

But Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has also been strong in his defence of Suarez and insists his striker is not a racist.

The PFA were hoping to bring the two together to stop the matter ending up with a full scale FA investigation.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted Evra wanted to take it all the way.

Liverpool have also said they will support Suarez and “categorically deny” he made offensive racist remarks.

PFA bid to make peace in racism row between Liverpools Luiz Suarez and Manchester Uniteds Patrice Evra has been blocked - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

And I don't believe the Mirror's version anymore than I believe Evra.

What the hell are they waiting for?

Someone to invent a time machine so they can go back and listen in?

Talk to the players, determine what each said or thought was said, check any other possible sources, and make a decision.

Given Luis' performance vs. Stoke, it's not bothering him much, but it's still not something anyone should have hanging over their head.