You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funnily enough, I've been listening to the Stone Roses loads recently. I really hope they do get back together, but Reni has to be involved.

I'd love them to tour next year then get back in the studio and do a new album. A modern Stone Roses record would be fucking brilliant.

A modern Stone Roses record would be fucking brilliant.

You reckon? I don't. I think it'd be shit. And as for playing live, they were infamously hit and miss 20 years ago, and their last few gigs were among the worst ever witnessed by anyone ever.

I don't see how they will have improved much. And Ian Brown now resembles a vegan monkey on a starvation diet, I doubt his singing voice - which was always fucking dreadful - has got better, he couldn't carry a tune in a fucking bucket

The debut album was a classic. But I fear the worst.

You reckon? I don't. I think it'd be shit. And as for playing live, they were infamously hit and miss 20 years ago, and their last few gigs were among the worst ever witnessed by anyone ever.

I don't see how they will have improved much. And Ian Brown now resembles a vegan monkey on a starvation diet, I doubt his singing voice - which was always fucking dreadful - has got better, he couldn't carry a tune in a fucking bucket

I'm with you on this one, particularly what Brown would bring to the table.

I have no doubt the rest of the and would be very good.

It looks like it is all four of them then, and that Reni's message that he sent to NME on Friday saying that he would be "9T before he wore the hat for the Roses again" was a slightly lame red herring. I've seen the Roses several times, but never with Reni, so I think I'll have to go despite my reservations. According to John Robb, who wrote the best known book on the Roses, there's a third album on the way as well. I have to say, i can only see it ending badly.

spot on. Reni's not interested either. Ian Brown got away with it becuae most of the audience were taking drugs. He was fucking painful to listen to live. And that was at his peak. His solo stuff can turn milk.

I had the misfortune of seeing Ian Brown at Leeds Festival a few years back. Was really looking forward to it, but he was poor. I wasn't even that far back and his voice just didn't carry. In all fairness it was windy and there were loads of complaints about the sound that year, but wasn't impressed.

I think smaller, intimate, gigs will be boss for the Stone Roses, but would they cover the amount of people who'll want to go?

Just wondering has anyone seen them live?

I've heard one of the main reasons they were so poor was the equipment they had, the sound was shite. I know Ian Browns voice struggled as well but he has managed to sort that out in his own live gigs.

I'd listen to the demo's on the Legacy Edition, the band are tight but Brown's vocals are that of an X Factor reject. He could have been reciting the phone directory for all I cared as it the hook of those songs that got most people (often within the first 20 seconds).

I'd listen to the demo's on the Legacy Edition, the band are tight but Brown's vocals are that of an X Factor reject. He could have been reciting the phone directory for all I cared as it the hook of those songs that got most people (often within the first 20 seconds).

Haha agree mate, the Garage flower album is a good example of how poor the sound was but they just had the edge over everyone with the songs.

I had the misfortune of seeing Ian Brown at Leeds Festival a few years back. Was really looking forward to it, but he was poor. I wasn't even that far back and his voice just didn't carry. In all fairness it was windy and there were loads of complaints about the sound that year, but wasn't impressed.

I think smaller, intimate, gigs will be boss for the Stone Roses, but would they cover the amount of people who'll want to go?

I saw him at Leeds and he was terrible. Saw him at V a year or two later and he was absolutely superb. You never know what you're going to get with Brown.

The Stone Roses have confirmed their reunion at a press conference in London today.

Guitarist John Squire, frontman Ian Brown, drummer Alan 'Reni' Wren and bassist Gary 'Mani' Mounfield made the announcement at the Soho Hotel.

The band will play a pair of dates at Manchester's Heaton Park on June 29 and 30 before embarking on a world tour. They will play new material, their first since 'Ten Storey Love Song' B-sides 'Moses' and 'Ride On' in 1995.

I'm not sure where I stand, I was to young the first time round, my dad had a ticket for the Blackpool gig though my mum wouldn't let him take me!!! I love the first album, the seconds allright. I s'pose I just don't want to see them ruin it.

The future Mrs S loves them, obsession level, so I assume we'll try to get tickets, but it's a bit meh! truth be told.