You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pink Floyd lovers

Redder Lurtz

Thought 'Gig in the sky' was slightly spoiled by the screaming vocal, but what a buzz from 'One of these days' .... superb stuff

Them three he had on vocals were fucking shite. The woman with the Australian Pink Floyd that i saw was far better.

It's Peter Hooks son on bass. I found it all a bit self indulgent.

Not as self indulgent as say, The Wall though. Obviously.

I only really like Syd era Pink Floyd. The rest of it is a bit boring for me. Always preferred the likes of Lee Scratch Perry as stoned off my tits music.

I was a 13 year old pot head in '89 and got into floyd, loved the wall initially, still think it's a work of art but can't watch it, been promising me bird we'd watch it for bestt part of 20 years. But it's kind of in with all my acid fried teenage angst, love listening to the other albums now though.

Scratch and the dub pioneers I got into a bit later in my 20's, different mood different music, can't beat John holt and ali baba for some uplifting reggae. Proper rootsy reggae is goood for the soul after some heavy floyd.

which in effect is what he did....

he brought Wright back into the fold, post momentary lapse I'd say there was massive drop off, but Gilmour on guitar with Mason and Wright is good enough for me.

I've been to a few New Order gigs without the bassist, sound fucking amazing, I've also been to see Hook and his splinter group - the fucker wants to sing the Joy Division back catalogue - not his fucking job, and the gigs suffer for it, plus the poor bastard he has on bass gets drowned out when hook decides to play a bit.

Bassists can be egotistical wankers I reckon

A Momentary Lapse of Reason is a horrific album. The Division Bell is  better, if only because it doesn't have that horribly dated 80's production and Linn drums throughout. And it has High Hopes.