You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

13 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Get on Tinder mate. It’s not even difficult. 

Tinder is absolutely terrifying.

I sometimes have a wee look at the birds on there and then have nightmares for days on end. To be honest, I'd sooner just have a wank than go through all the hassle.

24 minutes ago, Mook said:

I sometimes have a wee look at the birds on there and then have nightmares for days on end. To be honest, I'd sooner just have a wank than go through all the hassle.

Try it mate. 

It really isn’t even any effort. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

I've pulled on Tinder without being on Tinder. Very good mate of mine was jibbed off and went for it. His profile pic on there was a night out with me and my brother with him in the middle and us two flanking him. He had other pics of just him in the rest of his profile and randomly one night I got a message on Facebook from a girl I used to go to school with saying she'd seen the pic and originally thought it was me who was single and was "gutted it was your mate and not you!" asking if I was still married because I don't use or update Facebook so "things might have changed."

Told her I'm still married with two kids in tow and left it there. The day my wife gets bored of my shit I'll be lashing a profile up quick smart and investing in 'The Dummies Guide to Talking to Women'.

• Upvote 1

I personally think dating is harder for men that it is for women and, in all seriousness, contributes to a lot of the mental healt issues you see in young men these days.

Women have been wesponised by advertising into making men want to act and live a certain way. If a woman gets dressed up on a night out, it's for other women (my shoes are better than yours and so forth), if a man gets dressed up it's to impress birds. Same goes for why young lads aspire to have flash cars, ply themselves with protein shakes, have some kind of social standing, be seen as being hard or having a good (or trendy) career.

If you watch any dating shows or married at first sight type stuff, the women have a long list of demands. 'he must be ambitious, even though I work in a call centre'. He must be bad - but good, nice looking but not up himself, a family man but not a mummy's boy.

If he texts me when I'm out with my friends I won't reply. If he texts me any time I'll make him wait. 

It's horrendous and very much a modern phenomenon. If you speak to your parents' generation they basically met at a dance and got married. Job done.

Once the Japanese invent a life-like female sex robot women are all fucked. Gone will be the days of hashtag me too, give me a promotion and take out the bins.

Lads will all be walking around with empty balls and trying to figure out nuclear fusion, while women all live together in an abandoned Pontins holiday camp trying to figure out how to start a fire and blaming each other for where it all went wrong.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mook said:

There are other popular dating apps with somewhat different women on them. Hinge is decent. 

22 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I eventually just found Tinder really depressing, it's easy even for a gargoyle like me which made it pretty grim. 

20 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I personally think dating is harder for men that it is for women and, in all seriousness, contributes to a lot of the mental healt issues you see in young men these days.

Women have been wesponised by advertising into making men want to act and live a certain way. If a woman gets dressed up on a night out, it's for other women (my shoes are better than yours and so forth), if a man gets dressed up it's to impress birds. Same goes for why young lads aspire to have flash cars, ply themselves with protein shakes, have some kind of social standing, be seen as being hard or having a good (or trendy) career.

If you watch any dating shows or married at first sight type stuff, the women have a long list of demands. 'he must be ambitious, even though I work in a call centre'. He must be bad - but good, nice looking but not up himself, a family man but not a mummy's boy.

If he texts me when I'm out with my friends I won't reply. If he texts me any time I'll make him wait. 

It's horrendous and very much a modern phenomenon. If you speak to your parents' generation they basically met at a dance and got married. Job done.

Once the Japanese invent a life-like female sex robot women are all fucked. Gone will be the days of hashtag me too, give me a promotion and take out the bins.

Lads will all be walking around with empty balls and trying to figure out nuclear fusion, while women all live together in an abandoned Pontins holiday camp trying to figure out how to start a fire and blaming each other for where it all went wrong.

Lovely stuff. 

Speed dating is boss, highly recommended. Went a couple of times years ago. Go with a mate and treat it like a laugh, have a drink afterwards and see how many bites you get a few days later.

It's actually just fun talking to people you wouldn't normally speak to, everyone's got their own stories that led them there. It's a good way of humanizing yourself too. When you're sitting down talking to someone they won't treat you the way they would if you're just another passport photo on the internet, or just another 'bloke' on the dancefloor. 

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Speed dating is boss, highly recommended. Went a couple of times years ago. Go with a mate and treat it like a laugh, have a drink afterwards and see how many bites you get a few days later.

It's actually just fun talking to people you wouldn't normally speak to, everyone's got their own stories that led them there. It's a good way of humanizing yourself too. When you're sitting down talking to someone they won't treat you the way they would if you're just another passport photo on the internet, or just another 'bloke' on the dancefloor. 

You mean the first question you get asked isn't "Do you have beans on a fry-up you cunt?" ???