You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

When I was a kid, we always had a box of these at Christmastime.

4BF67FA6-E289-4819-8147-DA0022C32125.jpeg

Only a matter of time...Surprised it took until 8th December 2018. What is that? Today's date.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

When I was a kid, we always had a box of these at Christmastime.

4BF67FA6-E289-4819-8147-DA0022C32125.jpeg

Always dry as fuck then 

We used to get them in sandwiches with cheese as kids at my nans

Do love some good medjool dates though. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2018 at 7:19 AM, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd like to see somebody actually thread dates,that would be worth hearing about.

I’m meant to be going on a first date this afternoon. Really looking forward to it. Was with the ex wife for 12 years so I’m sure it will feel very strange meeting up with someone brand new. It’s in Manchester City centre which is good because my cousin lives there and has said that if I get stood up or it doesn’t go well she’ll meet me and bring some of her fit mates to cheer me up. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I’m meant to be going on a first date this afternoon. Really looking forward to it. Was with the ex wife for 12 years so I’m sure it will feel very strange meeting up with someone brand new. It’s in Manchester City centre which is good because my cousin lives there and has said that if I get stood up or it doesn’t go well she’ll meet me and bring some of her fit mates to cheer me up. 

Where you going Geoff? Let me know if you need any recommendations or need me to wander past and ask for an autograph or a selfie. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/9/2018 at 8:40 AM, Liverpool lad said:

Anyone sum this up?

Meeting strangers off the internet can be quite challenging. You've got to figure out where to meet, how to get to where you might go after, then there's divvying up the bill and you sometimes don't know what they look like. Sometimes they back out because they have family committments, or forgot that its not Saturday @1500 but Sunday @1630 and there's the cricket club AGM to go to. Then they get drunk and wander off half way before the date is over, or just jump on any old train and wake up in phone booths. One even just wanted to admire bridges in Norwich. I once met this married woman from Scotland who brought along her son......and couldn't wait to show me a Bank of Scotland fiver. 

And they they are texting you saying they want another date in a fortnight. 

• Upvote 3

My last first date from pof ended up with me getting lost in a park and what was supposed to be only a half hour walk for ice cream ended up being a two hour detour. 

Never heard back from her; I actually thought it went really well as she didn't seem to mind my terrible sense of direction and when we did get around to the ice cream shop and walked back to our cars and my ice cream was melting and about to drip down the cone she said 'are you going to lick that or should I?'

• Upvote 3

Date related story told by Frank Sinatra.

He was eating in a restaurant when Don Rickles came over to his table " Listen Frank, can you do me a big big favour? I'm on a first date with a lovely woman, could you come over to my table and make a bit of a fuss of me? I reckon it would really impress her that I know you and improve my chances" Sinatra says "yeah, no problem Don, give me 5 minutes" 5 minutes later Sinatra goes over and says "Hi Don, great to see you, how you doin? we'll have to get together real soon" Rickles replies "Fuck off Frank, cant you see i'm busy?"

• Upvote 9