You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mini Derby

James Dean

Fucking hell, how does he stay on the pitch? I mean I know refs are lenient but that could have ended Rafferty's career.

Not happy we still aren't playing an actual right back, I guess Wilson and McLaughlin are away on internationals though. Like King, Morgan etc.

Watched the second half on LFC TV. In the last third, the final ball and shooting were appalling. Raheem Sterling was extremely wasteful, and had a great chance to wrap things up before we conceded the sort of goal we always seem to concede late in games. It was reminiscent of Barnes not keeping the ball in the corner against Arsenal in '89. Sterling out on the left had a runner on the right, but played a tame ball straight to the Everton keeper instead of holding it up. The opposition went right up the other end and scored. The final ball needs work, but they really must spend some time on shooting practice. Apart from Regan's penalty, they just didn't seem to be able to kick the ball properly when presented with a chance to shoot.

I don't think he is ready on any level for the first team. Been some silly comments on twitter when he traveled and didn't make the bench if I remember correct. He is also not ready physically IMO,or is his decision making in games though that will hopefully come.

Someone needs to force him to start using his left foot aswell as his game is becoming easy to read.

Of course he's not ready for the first team. He's 16 and tiny, it's madness to suggest he is. He's had a couple of games where he hasn't been as spectacular as usual, he's still been one of the best on the pitch in each game. People need to give these players time to develop and keep the pressure off them.

He played very well overall (the commentators were saying he was MoM for them - personally I'd have said Baio), on the one-on-one I'd have liked to see him take another touch and pull off a dink over the keeper (as they will commit early at this level), but he went for the kind of finish that he had put away (from an offside position) a few minutes earlier. As for the pass that led to the equaliser, it wasn't a good pass, but it's good he saw the space that Petersen had to attack and Petersen had also pulled out of the run anyway.

I can't understand why Baio hasn't been starting the last few games. Aylmer isn't even a midfielder and he's taken his place. Baio and Lussey when he's fit again would be a good pairing in the midfield two.

We've been a bit unfortunate with attacking injuries. Petersen and Dunn are two of our best prospects and have been in and out all season with injury, so we haven't been able to put our best team out yet (not counting the likes of Sterling who've moved up to the reserves). Nacho still can't play either, and that's possibly the first choice three to play off Morgan.

Guest Dog Chaser

Matty Regan is a dead ringer for Jose Enrique and the 'keeper Belford looks like Jack Wilshere.

For most of the first half we bossed possesion without troubling Everton too much but we had total control. Baio was excellent in the holding midfield role, wins the ball and gives it easy.

Sterling for all his skill lacked any end product and the the miss near the end was poor although the 'keeper did make a good stop. Not sure if its too easy for him at this level but he needs to be more productive with the ball. I also like the look of Sumner, very assured in possesion and has a good footballing brain. Jack Dunn was fairly quiet in the game although playing out wide is not where i think he should play, i would play him behind the striker where he did slot into for a while, this role far more suits his capabilities than any other.

Brad Smith also deserves a mention for a good performance, very much in the mould of a modern full back. Great pace, up-and-down all game and can defend aswell.

Overall we played well despite conceding another late goal by the player who probably should have been sent off for his wild lunge in the first half.

Baio's good defensive midfielder but does lack the technical ability and creativity of some of the other central midfielders.He's a solid tackler but does get a bit carried away and has been lucky to stay on the pitch a couple of times this season. He'll do a job as a defensive midfielder but unlikely to make that defence splitting pass to win you the game. (Apart from the one he played to that donkey Moli the other week who glory hunted instead of squaring it to Morgan or Lussey for a simple tap in)

He's 16 for fuck's sake. I'll tell you who's a donkey... me! I accidentally repped you instead of negging you for being such a twat.

He's 17 now actually. There was a lot of positives in what I said and the down points are areas that L'pool will work on to help him improve his overall game. I have watched nearly every game Baio's played in since he arrived at the club so I've have formed my opinion over the last 18mths, rather than 10 minutes of highlights on lfc tv.

Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make me a twat. I would suggest he'll start most of the games on the bench unless others are injured.