You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

bouncebrigade

Any word on who this will be yet?

I assume it won't be Peter Walton after his refusal to give United that "nailed-on" penalty at Stoke.

I also see Howard Webb has been cutting his teeth in the Championship lately - wonder will he get a special one-off promotion for this game? The arrogant, corrupt, bald fucking bellend.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on who this will be yet?

I assume it won't be Peter Walton after his refusal to give United that "nailed-on" penalty at Stoke.

I also see Howard Webb has been cutting his teeth in the Championship lately - wonder will he get a special one-off promotion for this game? The arrogant, corrupt, bald fucking bellend.

They should of sent Webb to Poland to officiate,they love our Howard do the Polish and would of welcomed him with open arms.

I've mentioned it a couple of times over the past weekend but it really is a sad state of affairs when who referee's this game is more likely to be a deciding factor of who wins than whether Stevie, Suarez, Rooney or Nani plays

I've resigned myself to it being Webb so that if it is anyone else no matter how much of a cunt they are it will be a bonus

If its not Webb I'll be very surprised.

We haven't had him yet this season and he seems the preferred choice for the big high profile "Grand slam" games.

He was only in the championship last week, so wouldn't read too much into that. All the "top" refs get their fair share of lower league games.

I think it is about time that the top games in European leagues should be reffed by someone from another league.

To be honest all the league games should be done that way,but the cost would be to much(also a probable language problem).

Doing it this way would cut out the chance of a biased ref.

I think it is about time that the top games in European leagues should be reffed by someone from another league.

To be honest all the league games should be done that way,but the cost would be to much(also a probable language problem).

Intelligent post.

All FIFA referees must speak English so the language barrier wouldn't be an issue.

I've mentioned it a couple of times over the past weekend but it really is a sad state of affairs when who referee's this game is more likely to be a deciding factor of who wins than whether Stevie, Suarez, Rooney or Nani plays

I've resigned myself to it being Webb so that if it is anyone else no matter how much of a cunt they are it will be a bonus

IMO the deciding factor in our games vs the Mancs is what ground its being played at. We've had some lucky decisions at home against the Mancs in the last couple of fixtures, Carragher should've seen red twice against them (tackling owen as last man and taking Nani down with a horror tackle) and they shouldn't have had the Berbatov penalty in the FA cup and the Gerrard red card was pretty harsh, even if it was stupid to dive into a tackle on a Man U player at Old Trafford. Plus O'Shea should've been sent off when be brought Torres down.

IMO the deciding factor in our games vs the Mancs is what ground its being played at. We've had some lucky decisions at home against the Mancs in the last couple of fixtures, Carragher should've seen red twice against them (tackling owen as last man and taking Nani down with a horror tackle) and they shouldn't have had the Berbatov penalty in the FA cup and the Gerrard red card was pretty harsh, even if it was stupid to dive into a tackle on a Man U player at Old Trafford. Plus O'Shea should've been sent off when be brought Torres down.

I can't recall it that vididly but I seem to remember saying at the time Owen was going away from goal and it wasn't a clear goal scoring oppurtunity so yellow was fair

is Vidic likely to be fit? if so we must play Bellamy