You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

I'm pretty sure Kenny could see that having a player who is creative and a bit pacy is good for the team. I mean, the evidence is there... Suarez and Gerrard are our two best players right?

So Kenny, can you please by some more of those rather than these one-dimensional, honest battlers like Carroll, Adam, Henderson or Downing this time?

I'd love to know what FSG think of all this.

£35m striker who can't score goals.

£20m winger who can't provide assists.

Whole Suarez thing.

Comparable record to Rafa's last season.

Not wishing to play Devil's Advocate, but it really is their show, and I just wonder what they are thinking at the moment.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

One minute I think we'll definitely do big business this winter, but the next I think we're not going to even address the clear issues.

the formula was working last season, suarez, meirles, maxi and even kuyt backed up by lucas playing neat, intricate, incisive football

what happans?

we spend a fair whack and end up with a side that is possibly worse

kenny got it wrong with the transfers, he wanted to have his cake and eat it, the neat interplay and the game based on width and skillful wingers banging it in to a target man, one or the other kenny, not a halfway house that works for nobody

downing and carroll for 55 million looks an absolute disaster that could set us back for years a la diouf/diao/cheyrou

to turn it around we need the owners to release big funds again but after the disaster of the summer spend, are they willing to trust kenny to spend it? I forsee changes in the dynamic of comolli and kenny with perhaps comolli being able to overrule kenny on signings int he near future, expect to hear rumblings of that in the papers soon......i have no problem with that, kenny screwed up with the summer signings, it's time to admit that, we either fix it quickly and invest in quality players or we sit back and be content with 6th and hope the players will come good, they won't - they are what they are, decent functional but lacking imagination and creativity and the ability to create something out of nothing, players like suarez and gerrard win you titles, not the likes of downing and carroll and henderson and adam

we dismantled a good side last season, spent big on average players who have failed to deliver, our best attacking force has been mired in controversy and targetted by the establishment, our best midfielder is injured and our big signings haven't stepped up

quite honestly the team that finished last season looked a better unit than this lot and played a better style of football, who would have that team back? a lot of us i'd say yet we spunked about 80 million for what looks like a downgrade

time to fix things, we are not awful, just misguided and imbalanced

1. settle on a set way of playing football and but the players for that style of play, commit to it, don't fanny about with formations and mixing and matching players and playing styles and roles, sell those who don't fit in and buy those who do

2. look away from the english market and towards the continent

3. get in a creative wide player and a striker who can finish and a defensive midfielder for starters this window - at least then we'll have a slim chance of getting fourth, continue as we are and it's zero chance

4. this summer, we will re-evaluate the role of Kenny, maybe he is better suited to an upstairs role

The owners are playing it safe. There is no point letting Kenny have any more money, he needs to show what he can do with the £100M he blew since he's been here. By the looks of things, not fucking much in which case he'll be out on his arse come summer.

I really cant imagine we would be spending a huge amount this transfer window. FSG are results minded people and backed the Commoli and Kenny during the summer.

Top four is a minimum for them and the feeling i get is that with the investment made in the summer they feel that should have been enough and they will let that play out until the end of the season.

the formula was working last season, suarez, meirles, maxi and even kuyt backed up by lucas playing neat, intricate, incisive football

what happans?

we spend a fair whack and end up with a side that is possibly worse

kenny got it wrong with the transfers, he wanted to have his cake and eat it, the neat interplay and the game based on width and skillful wingers banging it in to a target man, one or the other kenny, not a halfway house that works for nobody

downing and carroll for 55 million looks an absolute disaster that could set us back for years a la diouf/diao/cheyrou

to turn it around we need the owners to release big funds again but after the disaster of the summer spend, are they willing to trust kenny to spend it? I forsee changes in the dynamic of comolli and kenny with perhaps comolli being able to overrule kenny on signings int he near future, expect to hear rumblings of that in the papers soon......i have no problem with that, kenny screwed up with the summer signings, it's time to admit that, we either fix it quickly and invest in quality players or we sit back and be content with 6th and hope the players will come good, they won't - they are what they are, decent functional but lacking imagination and creativity and the ability to create something out of nothing, players like suarez and gerrard win you titles, not the likes of downing and carroll and henderson and adam

we dismantled a good side last season, spent big on average players who have failed to deliver, our best attacking force has been mired in controversy and targetted by the establishment, our best midfielder is injured and our big signings haven't stepped up

quite honestly the team that finished last season looked a better unit than this lot and played a better style of football, who would have that team back? a lot of us i'd say yet we spunked about 80 million for what looks like a downgrade

time to fix things, we are not awful, just misguided and imbalanced

1. settle on a set way of playing football and but the players for that style of play, commit to it, don't fanny about with formations and mixing and matching players and playing styles and roles, sell those who don't fit in and buy those who do

2. look away from the english market and towards the continent

3. get in a creative wide player and a striker who can finish and a defensive midfielder for starters this window - at least then we'll have a slim chance of getting fourth, continue as we are and it's zero chance

4. this summer, we will re-evaluate the role of Kenny, maybe he is better suited to an upstairs role

Good post, and exactly how i see it.

We were ace 2nd half of season (no Gerrard btw). Mierles is a big miss.

I've worked this forum out now. Everyone who has a red stripe against their name talks sense and sees things as they truly are.

And MOST of the ones with a green stripe,generally spout utter bollocks.

Great system.:drool:

Saw Torres looking as threatening as he has done for over 12 months now but he still couldnt score and gets cautioned. No, the other end Ssengon was tearin it up, he would have been ace for us, no chance now with Oneil at the helm mind. Given the fact that the oeners arent putting their hand it their pockets it seems but we maybe could have got him if the money was there. I think well be lucky to sign anyone, the fans have put their hands in their pockets now its the owners round.

Some of the signings have not yet worked out, they may do in time and I can see us finishing the season strongly but whatever happens Kenny is the man to put anything right. Im hoping this is becos they have been told to avoid spending anything net in the jan window.

The squad was all over the place when he came in, theres also the commolli facto. He has put it in good order and used his resources pretty much spot on thus far, Maxi notwithstanding.

It also appears hes had to sell to buy, trimming the squad size, getting our youngsters out on loan and its a damn shame Tom Ince had no patients as hed have been at least on the perifery of this team now.

Failing that Andy Carrol could just pull his finger out.....

Edited by dennis tooth

@FreddieBoswell7

Hi mate, are #lfc definitely interested in a striker? young or old?

Yes,but all targets missed,So back to drawing board. Granero was offered to all premiership teams by agent Roland Jeromin 3 weeks..

Found that out through Blackburn interest,seems Liverpool & arsenal keen too.Malaga,Blackburn & 3 Russian sides have put offers to Granero,so #lfc will have to move soon.

I was against signing anyone at first, I thought we should give the players that Kenny bought the opportunity to step up and show some bottle which of course they have failed miserable at, I suppose its up to the owners if they want to pay over the odds again, in reality we should just be looking for some back up or cover, not facing the reality of replacing faces allover the show again.

I was against signing anyone at first, I thought we should give the players that Kenny bought the opportunity to step up and show some bottle which of course they have failed miserable at, I suppose its up to the owners if they want to pay over the odds again, in reality we should just be looking for some back up or cover, not facing the reality of replacing faces allover the show again.

Dont think we need to replace alot of players.

2 quality signings could really, really transform us.

An attacking midfielder, preferably someone that thrives from the right hand side and a quality striker. We have played quite good football this season, dominating most games, what we have lacked is cutting edge, and the only way to change that is to invest. If we dont, we are kissing the CL goodbye next season aswell.

An attacking midfielder, preferably someone that thrives from the right hand side and a quality striker. We have played quite good football this season, dominating most games, what we have lacked is cutting edge, and the only way to change that is to invest. If we dont, we are kissing the CL goodbye next season aswell.

Spot on.

@FreddieBoswell7

Hi mate, are #lfc definitely interested in a striker? young or old?

Yes,but all targets missed,So back to drawing board. Granero was offered to all premiership teams by agent Roland Jeromin 3 weeks..

Found that out through Blackburn interest,seems Liverpool & arsenal keen too.Malaga,Blackburn & 3 Russian sides have put offers to Granero,so #lfc will have to move soon.

Jose Rondon and Driees Mertins (sp) also mentioned by this guy.

I keep seeing people say we have played good football this season when I've yet to see any, good football yields goals, good football was what we played second half of last season, if we don't sign someone who can score goals then we might aswell turn it in now because we are fucking shocking infront of goal.

Maxi and Bellamy are to of our biggest goal threats yet get fucked about in and out of the team due to their 'age' apparently, it needs sorting out fast before we lose sight if the CL places, an if that happens there will be serious questions after our big money signings last year.

The problem is the owners thought they had already paid for those two quality signings. Carroll and downing.