You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Why not sign a striker who can finish gerrards world class crosses but als someone who can do it himself, ala torres.

Regarding Walcott, I would love him at LFC, he is an assist machien and would give us some real pace.

Get him for like 15-18M, would be a good signing.

The stats might prove me wrong but everytime I have seen him play his final ball lets hime down. He looks to have improved his game this season and stronger on the ball.

talking about final product before advocating the signing of Walcott?! jesus christ

Yeah because he is worse than Downing at scoring and assisting........ oh shit wait it's the other way round! I mean with only Silva, Nani and Young having more assists than him, makes him totally shit.

Also Walcott actually has pace and can go past a man, Downing.... not so much.

People bemoaning the chance of getting Walcott (not likely at all) but all happy with the signing of Downing, is very strange to me.

Is it because he is black?

Yeah because he is worse than Downing at scoring and assisting........ oh shit wait it's the other way round! I mean with only Silva, Nani and Young having more assists than him, makes him totally shit.

Also Walcott actually has pace and can go past a man, Downing.... not so much.

People bemoaning the chance of getting Walcott (not likely at all) but all happy with the signing of Downing, is very strange to me.

Is it because he is black?

no its because he is shit, with Arsenal's style of play and his pace if he had half a brain he'd get at least 4 times as many goals and assists

Are you keeping a tally or something?! We all get some things right and some things wrong, who keeps score?

One thing I think is important though, is to wait and see what happens before boring the fuck out of everyone with the same shit over and over again.

You didn't want us to sign Downing in the summer and wanted Mata instead (realistic or not). You obviously feel that you were right so well done. That doesn't alter the fact that you come across as a dick back then and you are doing so now again (with all this 'little Englander' bullshit).

I'll leave you to get on with it anyway because it's already boring me (getting deja vu from the summer). Good luck with whatever predictions you come up with for any signings we do or don't make this month (i'm sure you'll let us all know, over and over again).

Speak for yourself Brownie.

I'm always right.

I don't like always looking back and saying, 'we should have done this'... I think it is OK to a point, but you have to look to the future, or else you get stuck. Short of inventing a time machine and going back, the fact is we DID sign Carroll, and we DID sign Downing, and whoever else you care to mention.

For those who like to keep going back in time, please help others out on here by saying who you would sign NOW. But please remember our current standing i.e. two years out the CL, and touch and go whether we will be three years. Also note that we don't pay the highest transfer fees - others such as Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid, Man Utd pay more. And there are other teams who have hit the jackpot in a financial sense too - PSG, the Siberians, Malaga? Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we do not pay the highest wages in the game. We are not paupers, but there are a number of teams who pay more.

So bearing all that in mind, it is ridiculous to just keep listing great players for us to sign and then moaning about it when we don't sign them.

If that's the game we want to play then can I be the first to say that we should be in for Hulk? He could do a great job for us. And Cavani and Lavezzi would be nice too. Oh, and since we like young players, and our owners are supposed to be Moneyball men who understand the principle of investing heavily and having a sell on value, how about we bring that Neymar lad over from South America? And Hazard is quite young too, so how about we sign him.

So, my list for January is:

Hulk, Cavani, Lavezzi, Neymar and Hazard. Oh, and I forgot, since Lucas is out I want M'Vila, and since Agger has a poor fitness record, how about we sign Hummels so he is ready to step in should he be needed?

If we don't sign them can I moan for the next 6-12 months about why we should have done what I said?

Martin Olsen should fuck right off yeah.

Apparently the twat wants Agger to move to Barcelona.

MANAGER: "Liverpool star should LEAVE Anfield for Barcelona..." | Liverpool-Kop.com | Liverpool FC News, features, statistics and analysis

We have built a formidable defense at the club and it took us some time to get Agger and Skrtel clicking-not to forget the amount of work Steve Clark has put in. Now the cunt is giving Daniel ideas and disturbing what is turning out to be the cracking partnership.

Pujol is getting old at Barcelona and they might be in the hunt for a top class defender. Think we should resist any bids coming our way cause the last time we got fleeced by them in the Mascherano deal.

Martin Olsen should fuck right off yeah.

Apparently the twat wants Agger to move to Barcelona.

MANAGER: "Liverpool star should LEAVE Anfield for Barcelona..." | Liverpool-Kop.com | Liverpool FC News, features, statistics and analysis

We have built a formidable defense at the club and it took us some time to get Agger and Skrtel clicking-not to forget the amount of work Steve Clark has put in. Now the cunt is giving Daniel ideas and disturbing what is turning out to be the cracking partnership.

Pujol is getting old at Barcelona and they might be in the hunt for a top class defender. Think we should resist any bids coming our way cause the last time we got fleeced by them in the Mascherano deal.

Did you read the name at the bottom of that piece?

The great script writer himself - Kuntwar.

I think Dembele would be a great shout , watched him a few times now, very quick strong and good on the ball

Dembele is one of the players I've found most impressive in the PL over the past year or so.

Diame (Wigan) is another player I really like. If Commoli/Dalglish look to the PL for an "replacement" for Lucas then I'd want Diame (I have to admit that I would prefer Fellaini, but that is not happening).