You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

We are on the up, the football is class at times its just finishing it off which will come with a forward coming in.

We are on the up I agree. But potential signings that can change us from a very good team into a special one, will want Champs League football.

This is very much achievable this season, especially if we bring in someone who can finish and partner Suarez.

We've been linked with Fernando Reges, so wouldn't be shocked to bring in another midfielder, considering the injury to Lucas and selling Raul last minute.

Well i have to say i would be surprised. We loaned out Shelvey despite selling Meireles, Lucas injured = Shelvey returned plus hopefully the return of Gerrard.

Im merely guessing, but i would think the money will be spend elsewhere.

As for Reges, clearly a good player, i wouldnt mind him at all. Seems as if maybe Chelsea are after him too, tho that could obviously just be the press putting 1 and 1 together and getting 3, since he's managed him before.

I havent got a clue how much, if any, we have to spend in January, but it's certainly clear we need to spend money and do so on the right players if we are to improve our chances for a top 4 finnish.

We are on the up, the football is class at times its just finishing it off which will come with a forward coming in.

Very much agree, but i'd want to see a midfielder who consistantly gets goals and assists come in too.

Tho i suppose Gerrard is that player, just as long as he'll get back to his level.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well i have to say i would be surprised. We loaned out Shelvey despite selling Meireles, Lucas injured = Shelvey returned plus hopefully the return of Gerrard.

Im merely guessing, but i would think the money will be spend elsewhere.

Shelvey was loaned before Meireles left. We need another player in there. With Gerrard's injury list, Lucas out for the season (something we didn't account for) and Adam's lack of intensity. I'd actually be surprised if we didn't sign a midfielder. It's a major issue in why we're not finishing off matches.

The biggest sign of this is how good we are when Adam is up there acting as an extra attacker, and when he's not. When he is, we're scoring, when he isn't, we're easier to stop.

As for Reges, clearly a good player, i wouldnt mind him at all. Seems as if maybe Chelsea are after him too, tho that could obviously just be the press putting 1 and 1 together and getting 3, since he's managed him before.

I havent got a clue how much, if any, we have to spend in January, but it's certainly clear we need to spend money and do so on the right players if we are to improve our chances for a top 4 finnish.

This is the important thing for me, and where we agree. If we're spending money, we need for it to have a big impact.

I certainly dont fucking know if it's legit, but some itk on rawk apparently says there is a serious interest in Reges, the mods over there are somewhat notorious for demanding sources, so i suppose it could very well be true.

Like said earlier in the thread, happy if we are after him as he's very good, but at the same time surprised, did not think a defensive midfielder would have been one of the priorities. I dont know his contract situation at Porto, but i would imagine he'd cost a fair bit, so there should be money available.

I certainly dont fucking know if it's legit, but some itk on rawk apparently says there is a serious interest in Reges, the mods over there are somewhat notorious for demanding sources, so i suppose it could very well be true.

Like said earlier in the thread, happy if we are after him as he's very good, but at the same time surprised, did not think a defensive midfielder would have been one of the priorities. I dont know his contract situation at Porto, but i would imagine he'd cost a fair bit, so there should be money available.

I reckon it could be possible. Lucas is going to be out for the rest of the season and fuck knows how much longer after that.

And we look more than a little suspect without somebody doing his work. Adam and Henderson bring a bit more urgency to our game but they also leave us very exposed at times.

So I can see how we would be considering it anyway.

Isn't it refreshing for nobody to be linking names to LFC in the press, I know there are other things going on around us, but it's weird that barely any names have been mentioned to us. I like how it's being kept in-house.

We have been linked to umpteen players and I don't know - or care - what fucking rock youve been living under but every sentient being on the cunting planet knew we were signing Adam, downing and Enrique fucking ages before we did

You're deluded

Pardew said he wants a striker, as Ba will be missing for the African Nations.

I think this could be a very good window to off load Carroll back to Newcastle actually given their need for a front man.

I'd say if we can get £20M that wouldn't be bad business at all really.

Put it this way, nobody else would pay that amount of money for him now would they?

I'd happily then offer Villa the money for Bent.

Yes he's a clumsy, often useless looking cunt but unlike Andy Carroll he knows where the back of the net is.

I'd put him in a similar categiry to Andy Cole actually, the butt of many a joke and some shocking sitters but in a good team that creates a lot of chances would score a lot of goals.

Ok. that's the best I can come up with for a January signing, I'll brace myself for a kicking...

I genuinely can't see kenny cutting losses on andy yet, he knows strikers and will be working on him day in day out, without rolling out the thing kenny said he didn't sign him for 5 months, yea he hasnt lived up to any sort of expectation but I just don't see kenny giving up yet. Read his stuff on Rushie when he first signed, he will be working so hard to give him every chance in my opinion. If it doesn't work out by the summer and he shows no improvement by then who knows