You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

When i registered in the forum. There was nothing that said opposition fans cant register. why would you not want opposition fans....be more open minded i say

You are correct.

However you missed the part about megamong wum fucknuggets boring people to tears with their incessant trolling.

THAT is clearly not allowed.

Don't really see what Abs has said today other than disagree over a player's (not even one of ours) position. Maybe treat him like a prick when he's being a prick (don't worry, I'm sure he'll give you the opportunity soon enough) but when's he's just discussing football, how about we... discuss football?

Dembele is definitely a front man for me, a bit like RVP to be honest. He moves around wide and central and does drop between the lines to find space, but he's definitely a forward.

Don't really see what Abs has said today other than disagree over a player's (not even one of ours) position. Maybe treat him like a prick when he's being a prick (don't worry, I'm sure he'll give you the opportunity soon enough) but when's he's just discussing football, how about we... discuss football?

Dembele is definitely a front man for me, a bit like RVP to be honest. He moves around wide and central and does drop between the lines to find space, but he's definitely a forward.

Yea, he didn't say anything wrong in that particular post, but we all know it won't be long before the next "the problem with you Liverpool fans is... " speech.

I'll just put him on ignore.

I have to disagree on that one. Dembele is a midfielder without doubt and a very talented player who will blossom coming 2-3 years. Who ever gets him will get a very talented player who's about to hit the big times

Common sense says the pots empty lads. It'll be a quiet January.

No it doesn't, that is just you speculating.

I personally hope we don't get anyone unless they are better than what we have.

Rather wait for the summer and get someone like Hazard, rather than buy a Jarvis - for example.

Hazard is fucking cloud cuckoo land, it's the lad's dream to play for Real Madrid, and if it ain't there, step forword City or PSG.

We'll just have to take the scraps off the table when we can and how we can, as long as these Arabs are shoving their dick in every pie and proving that oil money shits over the fate of the human race then the rest of us are royally fucked.

We are outgunned financially by AL Citeh etc, that's true, but there are only so many players that they can buy and play at any one time. Not every player will be in their sights, and not every player they look at will fancy all that competition for places they have going on. There will still be a couple of decent players that we can get, if we really want them, and if we have the cash to spend.

Also, don't underestimate the Suarez factor. He is a player that other players will look at and say "I can make a name for myself playing alongside him, I'll have some of that, couple of seasons of hero worship and fuckoff". Even if their intentions aren't long term with us, we can still get where we need to be, and replace them if/when they leave.

We just have to be smart with our money and if we splurge it's not on British, and they have to be proven.

I can't see that it makes any sense to do signifcant business in the winter window.

Players who are CL status won't come at the moment, and buying non CL quality players is a waste if we get there at the end of the season.

Kenny has bought a lot of players. Time for them to show what they can, and cannot do, not add more (unless a bargain appears).

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I can't see that it makes any sense to do signifcant business in the winter window.

Other than getting into the European Cup, which is potentially worth many, many millions?

I think we'll end up buying 1 or 2 players, but wonder if we'll be selling any players too in January? Maybe Maxi and possibly Johnson?

I could also see Johnson leaving as many already see Kelly as a better option (scored again tonight for U21), but maybe January isn't the time to sell. If a big bid came in I think we would consider it?

Other than getting into the European Cup, which is potentially worth many, many millions?

Yes, but prices are usually vastly inflated, there are limited choices as most players and teams prefer to conduct their business in the summer as they are halfway through their respective campaigns. The kind of signings we need, are top players to go straight in the first team, and they will cost an absolute fortune. Coupled with the fact that they mayhave a limited ability to gel in time to make a difference in our campaign, and the disruption to the already huge influx of players, i can see xerxes point.

It depends completely on the player available though, so hopefully we'll have a bit of luck and pick up a right winger.