You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Why would Henderson be ahead of Steven Gerrard, who is quicker, more skilful, has better technique, can pass better, can score goals and is one of the best attacking midfielders in the world?

Henderson couldn't finish his fucking dinner unless he was given permission. In writing. In triplicate. Counter-signed by his fucking Mum.

He should play centrally where he can run about like a headless chicken and leave the winning of games to players like Gerrard.

He's been played in an advanced role before, and he was even worse there than he is at RM, which is fucking saying something

He's got legs. And he knows how to use em. And he doesn't like to get his shirt dirty.

Why would Henderson be ahead of Steven Gerrard, who is quicker, more skilful, has better technique, can pass better, can score goals and is one of the best attacking midfielders in the world?

Henderson couldn't finish his fucking dinner unless he was given permission. In writing. In triplicate. Counter-signed by his fucking Mum.

He should play centrally where he can run about like a headless chicken and leave the winning of games to players like Gerrard.

He's been played in an advanced role before, and he was even worse there than he is at RM, which is fucking saying something

I take it that you mean the forward role against Arsenal? If so yes, he was terrible. Should have taken Adam off on Saturday and put Henderson central.

I would have no problem if we went out and bought Hoilett and Moses in January, we could had;

Hoilett ---------- Suarez---------Moses

------------------Bellamy-----------

Against shit teams at home, and obviously the 80's heart throb instead of Bellamy.

I take it that you mean the forward role against Arsenal? If so yes, he was terrible. Should have taken Adam off on Saturday and put Henderson central.

I would have no problem if we went out and bought Hoilett and Moses in January, we could had;

Hoilett ---------- Suarez---------Moses

------------------Bellamy-----------

Against shit teams at home, and obviously the 80's heart throb instead of Bellamy.

Hope you mean Moses from the bible, not victor.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the fact that Hoilet rhymes with 'toilet' and that if we signed him in January, we'd have to come up with a song for him before his first appearance. Still, sign him.

I like Jordan Henderson because he looks like he is kind to his mother. Keep him.

Bring back Torres.

Etc.

:D

Tell you what Id take a good few players from Newcastle's squad. I'd have:

Cheick Tioté

Gabriel Obertan

Cheick Tioté

Ryan Taylor

Yohan Cabaye

Jonás Gutiérrez

Demba Ba

Hatem Ben Arfa

Davide Santon

Fabricio Coloccini

Any of those, not sure where Taylor/Santon would fit in as we are well stacked at RB but you could push either of them or GJ into midfield.

Tell you what Id take a good few players from Newcastle's squad. I'd have:

Cheick Tioté

Gabriel Obertan

Cheick Tioté

Ryan Taylor

Yohan Cabaye

Jonás Gutiérrez

Demba Ba

Hatem Ben Arfa

Davide Santon

Fabricio Coloccini

Any of those, not sure where Taylor/Santon would fit in as we are well stacked at RB but you could push either of them or GJ into midfield.

Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, and Ba. That's it.

Granted, I wouldn't actually buy Jonas (too old), or Ba (he fails every medical and will eventually fall apart).

Cabaye was a superb piece of business, and Wooster called it (i concurred).

Comolli was reportedly at Sochaux-Lyon. Once again we are being linked with Algerian Ryad boudebouz of Sochaux. Anyone seen him on a regular basis? Looks skillful, but rarely beats a man with sheer pace, which I think we really need. Was reported interest during the summer to at 7 million.

I hope he is faster than my impression suggests if these rumours are true.

I think we should try Loic Remy. Can play on the wing, but has the physique of a striker. Quick, skillful and strong enough to cope with PL. I hope we are aftr Boudebouz becuase they sincerely appreciate his attributes, and not that heis the "right" pricerange. After all, the owners have yet to contribute with a cent of fresh capital. Hopefully January will prove that they are willng to invest heavily.

If we are to sign any players this january it better be top quality and no more of these squad players, who will do nothing but provide another option rather than drastically improve us. Surely Kenny, Comolli and every fuckin one involved with the club can see that.

We have a number of options for each and every position, but not enough top quality that will make the difference between winning games and dropping points.