You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

I know its still a long way off, but are we likely to sign anyone in January?

My feeling is that we have done all our business for this season, and I don’t expect us to move for anybody, unless we have a major injury crisis. The only deal that I could think might be worth doing is making a bid for Gary Cahill, and offering Coates on loan until the end of the season as part of the deal.

Depends. I half wonder if we may be in for a striker. I suppose it depends on who might be available.

And if we are looking solid for a CL spot, maybe, just maybe, we might have an outside chance for Hazard, especially if they are out of this season's CL by then. If it goes to summer I think there will be other clubs and our chances will diminish.

Hmmmmm. Wonder if this transfer thread will be a 600 page abomination like the last one.

Anyways. Cahill? He's having a good season no? No. Cant see Coates enjoying a relegation battle where he doesn't know anybody. Rather keep him here with his mate.

I'd like to see us bring in a naturally attacking right sided player.

There is still alot to see and monitor yet as to how the side develops and the new faces settle and adapt.

Plus, the proirity(ies) now, may not be the same come January.

We may move for one player, I can't see us going for a bag full though as we already have enough new faces.

I know its still a long way off, but are we likely to sign anyone in January?

My feeling is that we have done all our business for this season, and I don’t expect us to move for anybody, unless we have a major injury crisis. The only deal that I could think might be worth doing is making a bid for Gary Cahill, and offering Coates on loan until the end of the season as part of the deal.

Send Coates on loan when he has only played a few minutes for us in the 4 weeks he has been here? Lets see what he has to offer before we loan him out eh?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
and offering Coates on loan until the end of the season as part of the deal.

I wipe my cock on the curtains of that statement. Ridiculous suggestion!

Anyway, I think we need a top quality midfielder to replace Raul. I still think we're short of a top class winger, too. Maybe a striker. We just need that little bit more cutting edge in the final third.

If we can get another Suarez calibre signing then great but otherwise, January can be a bit of a dog of a window. Would rather Kenny keeps bringing the kids through.

I'm not too sure about another centre back as I think Kelly is a cracking player and once Glen comes back, I'd shift him inside to partner Carra.

Send Coates on loan when he has only played a few minutes for us in the 4 weeks he has been here? Lets see what he has to offer before we loan him out eh?

Yeah I'd like to see him play more games here too, but with 3 players ahead of him I don't think he will play that many league games here this season.

To nail down 4th this season we would need to buy in January:

1.A top class pacy, attacking right back. Johnson's injuries worry me and Kelly isn't attacking enough.

2.We also need a strong athletic, ball playing midfielder to partner Gerrard or Lucas.

3.A top striker.

4. An attacking right winger would also be great but not crucial for January window.

We still wouldn't be the finished article but I think this could bring us 4th and CL this season.

Maybe it'll depend on where we are points wise to our rivals for fourth...

Quite a few of our signings this summer feel like stopgap signings, players who if we want to really challange for the title will be rotated more than certain to start every week which is the case right now. And i dont see us coughing up that kind of money in January, even if it would be nice.